Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I don't know if it was deliberate or just shear fucking stupidity but at the Cult gig here last year Astbury almost managed to turn a hugely enthusiastic positive crowd against them by being incredibly obnoxious in between songs.

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

In what way?

(I'm quite jealous: I've never seen The Cult).
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Thought i had to share this clip of slash.Made me spit my coffee out laughing .They actually have to get the tech's to come and say "ok slash,reel it in buddy".

I really love you baby, I love what you've got
        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

I just picked up his new CD. Great stuff. Myles is a good singer. If you like rock straight up and of course Slash pick it up. Love it. LOUD HELPED ! New Bonnamassa is up next.

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

I listened to the samples of it online and was pretty impressed. I am thinking I am going to own it.
            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Will be picking it up on Saturday.....

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                Will be picking it up on Saturday.....
                can't wait to read your review...

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  I don't know if it was deliberate or just shear fucking stupidity but at the Cult gig here last year Astbury almost managed to turn a hugely enthusiastic positive crowd against them by being incredibly obnoxious in between songs.
                  hey sesh, i've noticed that you've related other incidences of bands treating you shabbily. are the people in your part of the world mostly friendly?

or is it like torquay, and there's a lot of basils?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by binnie
                    In what way?

(I'm quite jealous: I've never seen The Cult).
                    "Oooch aye the noo Glasgow. Yeeeee ken am Scottish ta ma gran is from Glusga."

Between every song in an accent that would have made Scotty from Star Trek or Russ Abbot blush.

It wasn't just the put on accent it was pricky chat too. I'm not totally sure if he was a just dick trying to be friendly, or deliberately trying to be a smartass but it definitely came across as the later to me, the people I was with and much of the audience.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ashstralia
                      hey sesh, i've noticed that you've related other incidences of bands treating you shabbily. are the people in your part of the world mostly friendly?

or is it like torquay, and there's a lot of basils?
                      Definitely friendly with a little belligerence and used by many international bands and comedians for live recordings over the years.

Maybe its an age thing but I don't take well to bands fucking around with the audience these days if nothing else because they are charging a lot of money now, half of us have had to go to a lot of hassle with babysitters, work, or whatever to struggle out and lets face it very few of the artists are still at the peak of their abilities.

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        Definitely friendly with a little belligerence and used by many international bands and comedians for live recordings over the years.

Maybe its an age thing but I don't take well to bands fucking around with the audience these days if nothing else because they are charging a lot of money now, half of us have had to go to a lot of hassle with babysitters, work, or whatever to struggle out and lets face it very few of the artists are still at the peak of their abilities.
                        I hear ya, Sesh. The opener for Dave's "Diamond Dave" show kept calling us motherfuckers. I was ready to kill the bastard by the time they got off the stage.
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I was walking by the CD's in Best Buy yesterday, and I see the Slash featuring Myles Kennedy Live Made In Stoke 24/7/11 sitting there, so I bought it. Myles Kennedy sounds phenominal, as usual, and Slash and the band are terrific.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Im sorry but this flat out kicks ass...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                              Im sorry but this flat out kicks ass...
                              Sorry for what ? Slash is an amazing guitarist. Myles is a great performer. What more do you want ? Fat Axhole ? I'll take this band. Slash has no interest in A Gun's reunion tour from what he said on Sterns show a few months ago. Thank god. His live album kicks ass from last year.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

I'm glad Slash is out doing this, and I enjoy it. But for my money although he has great pipes Myles is just a bit too 'nice' to pull of the Guns songs..............

Still, it's better than nothing.

Comment

Working...