Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Vengeance
    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Personally, if it's Paul or Bruce I'm in. Blaze?.....can't stand those albums.
    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• SparkieD
      Veteran
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
      Personally, if it's Paul or Bruce I'm in. Blaze?.....can't stand those albums.
      You knew I'd chime in about that, didn't you? Honestly, The X Factor is a fantastic album. Virtual XI not so much, but that has nothing to do with the vocalist. Steve was out of his fucking mind when he wrote that rot.
      Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
      Originally posted by rustoffa
      Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• VHscraps
        Veteran
        • Jul 2009

I dunno what it is - the kind of screaming he does. I'm not a musician, but it seems to be something to do with where he sings on his range, if that makes sense? ... I feel that a lot of his vocals sounded off-key, or something. Unimaginative vocal lines ...

Back then when he joined the band I loved the Killers album with Dianno, but I haven't owned it for a coupla decades! Fck, talk about getting old. I saw those early tours with Bruce, Number of the Beast and Piece of Mind, and I felt they were going downhill.

This is just an aside - but the opening band on the Beast tour in the UK were one of the best, most exciting bands I ever saw - The Rods, with Ronnie Dio's cousin Dave Feinstein on guitar and vocals.

I dig some stuff with Bruce - whenever I hear 'Number of the Beast' on the radio I turn it up. Kicks ass and he sounds great on it, but a lot of the rest just leaves me cold.
        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• rockhead
          Roadie
          • Jan 2006

As huge Maiden fan i agree with Sparkie that Virtual IX was just plain rubbish and i think at that stage Steve should have put Maiden on hiatus, as i think he was going through a divorce at the time and his head just wasn't where it should have been.I think with bruce and H leaving it made him lose his self confidence with the songwriting and you could tell how important bruce and H were to the band.

Although listening to beast over hammersmith i dont like Bruce covering Pauls songs, i think the songs work well with just Bruce doing his own.I wished as part of the 2008 tour they could incorporate some very old songs, but cant fuckin wait for Maiden England hopefully in our summer early next year.

Scraps - what was the press like whwen Bruce joined, i hear from other sites the press wern't exactly - into him at all.Also im curious what life was like back in England in those days from 81-82, life, economy etc.

Comment

• rocking ron
            Head Fluffer
            • Sep 2010

Ofcourse MAIDEN sounded a little more punk in the late 70's, punk was hot at that time but when the 80's began there came the NWOBHM ( new wave of British Heavy Metal )

with bands like SAXON,,MOTORHEAD,,TYGERS OF PAN TANG,, GIRLSCHOOL,,RAVEN, ,HOLOCAUST,, DEMON,, DEF LEPPARD and a lot more...........

And at that time there was a lot of unemployment overthere........(punk,rock against gouverment)

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Who is the better vocalist these days? Bruce is better than ever. Paul sucks fucking shit....saw him 2 years back and his voice sounded like a bunch of leafblowers, weedeaters and lawnmowers all running at high rpm while being crushed in the back of a garbage truck.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                Who is the better vocalist these days? Bruce is better than ever. Paul sucks fucking shit....saw him 2 years back and his voice sounded like a bunch of leafblowers, weedeaters and lawnmowers all running at high rpm while being crushed in the back of a garbage truck.
                Time was not kind to him. I have to say that I have a guilty pleasure in his Paul Dianno Battlezone albums. The music is paint by numbers metal, but he still brought it vocally.
                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• rocking ron
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Sep 2010

I think D'ianno's voice fits better for those first two records and than they've changed musically ( more heavy-metal ) and Bruce's voice was/is perfect with that sound!!

And they've had the luck they were getting a lot of air-play in West-Europe with the song : 'Run to the Hills' and the first album,:Number of the Beast,, (w/Bruce) went straight to nr 1 in the UK charts.
                  But Bruce is absolute the best vocalist they've ever had!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                    I wouldn't go and see Dianno now if he was playing for free in the local bar at the bottom of my road and he is an asshole of biblical proportions.

Comment

• rocking ron
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      I wouldn't go and see Dianno now if he was playing for free in the local bar at the bottom of my road and he is an asshole of biblical proportions.
                      Yes indeed sir,, and for me the same thing with Blaze.................the other 'vocalist'...............who doesn't belong in 'Maiden'............

Comment

• rockhead
                        Roadie
                        • Jan 2006

the updated merch for the 2012 US tour doesnt look to shabby though i prefer the 2012 north american tour shirt http://ironmaiden.com/iron_maiden_shop.php

this tour can't get to OZ quick enough!!.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                          Time was not kind to him. I have to say that I have a guilty pleasure in his Paul Dianno Battlezone albums. The music is paint by numbers metal, but he still brought it vocally.
                          I like Battlezone.It is as you say paint by numbers metal but still 3 good albums
                          I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                          Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

Working...