Queensryche planning to fire Geoff Tate? Backstage knife drama!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Posted by: Ken ()
    Date: May 15, 2012 12:38PM

From Metal Sludge...

Metal Sludge -- Hot off the social media wire, the band FireHouse will perform this weekend without their lead singer Cj Snare.Snare took to his official Facebook this morning and wrote: "So, I woke up this morning and was sick in my stomach. Headed to...

Operation Knifecrime? Geoff Tate is alleged to have attacked his band mates in Brazil with a knife!

A recent article was published out of Brazil HERE that alleges a incident that took place with band members Geoff Tate, Michael Wilton and Scott Rockenfield. The article goes on to say, that Tate pulled a knife on his band members before their set. We at Metal Sludge cannot confirm this, but there have been related posts regarding "the incident".

A translation from Portugese to English is noted here.
    Something very strange happened in the recent passage of Queensrÿche for our country. The band played in Sao Paulo, HSBC Brazil, last April 14. Before the show, Geoff Tate, lead singer of the group, caught other members plotting his removal on the set.

By the time Tate retired and was silent, but during the soundcheck, he violently assaulted guitarist Michael Wilton, knocking down the musician. Then Tate armed with a knife broke up drummer Scott Rockenfield, but was restrained by security guards of the house, who, along with the crew and some Brazilians who watched the soundcheck, witnessed the whole shack.

Dissatisfied with what happened, Wilton locked himself in the dressing room saying he would no longer play, but was convinced by the production of the event to do the show.

This was also reported on Metal Talk. It has also been blogged on Rock Pages. We say, where there is smoke, there's fire. Summon the lead singers, we're guessing QR is headed for a heartbreak.

Now this past weekend at M3, a Sludge insider was on hand, and back stage. His report about Queensryche is as follows.

There seems to be some truth to that Queenryche thing. They put on a very stiff, cold performance at M3 this past weekend. Wilton looked less than happy to be there, and there was zero interaction between any of the band members. Tate seemed disgruntled when the reaction from the crowd for the first 2 songs was less than enthusiastic. ( a new one, and a song off Promised Land). The end of the show was what I found interesting- Tate left the stage before the end of the last song and did not return. He made motions to the crowd and almost insinuated that he was saying goodbye. The band did a bow without Tate and left. Like I said, a totally flat and emotionless show.

Queensryche is...
    Geoff Tate
    Michael Wilton
    Eddie Jackson
    Scott Rockenfield
    Parker Lundgren

Set List @ M3
    1. Get Started
    2. Damaged
    3. I Don't Believe in Love
    4. Hit the Black
    5. I'm American
    6. NM 156
    7. Screaming in Digital
    8. The Lady Wore Black
    9. Walk in the Shadows
    10. Silent Lucidity
    11. Jet City Woman
    12. Empire
    13. Eyes of a Stranger
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

:eek: What??
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• VHscraps
      Veteran
      • Jul 2009

Excellent translation.

Can't wait until machines take over everything.
      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Are they still managed by that fucking band destroying asshole, Ray Danniels? (Seriously, I don't know how the Hell Rush has managed to survive nearly 40 years with that bastard managing them)
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Shades of Judas Priest......

Whip and Eddie are flying to AZ this weekend to sit in with a QR tribute band......lol

There's a lot of tension in that band over the direction Tate has led them musically.

That, and Parker is dating Tate's daughter.
          Originally posted by Kristy
          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
          Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Funny, yesterday Adam from FU posted a pic of himself and Whip taken at M3...wondered why Wilton looked so pissed off...!
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Any videos of the show yet? Will be interesting to see the dynamics of the guys on stage.

And no Geoff Tate = No Queensryche.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

If it was anything like the CD Release party at the Hard Rock...there wasn't any.

They need to call up Chris D, and go back to what made them who they are....

But yes, no GT, no QR

Originally posted by Kristy
                Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                Originally posted by cadaverdog
                I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                  If it was anything like the CD Release party at the Hard Rock...there wasn't any.

They need to call up Chris D, and go back to what made them who they are....

But yes, no GT, no QR

IMO, they haven't been the same since Degarmo left...totally agree they should get him back ASAP - and no GT no QR.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Whorehey
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2012

With the exception of MAYBE Mindcrime 2,
                    I've been in this vicious circle of buying/downloading
                    Queensryche music and being disappointed since
                    the CD after Promised Land, the name of which
                    escapes me and I don't wish to waste the energy Googling.
                    'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

seen them with Metallica and AC/DC...boring as hell live...and they always sounded like a Maiden cover band...
                      Roth Army Icon
                      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Satan
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                        seen them with Metallica and AC/DC...boring as hell live...and they always sounded like a Maiden cover band...
                        Well, that is how they started actually. In fact when that first EP arrived in Hell, I thought it WAS Maiden. But then they moved in the prog-rock direction and started doing concept albums and really didn't fit any definition of "metal" anymore.
                        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

Here is their entire set in HD:

Set List - Thanks Triryche777 for the set list with times!
                          Intro 00:00 | Get Started 01:34 | Damaged 05:10 | I Don't Believe In Love 09:30 | Hit The Black 14:05 | I'm American 17:52 | NM 156 20:58 | Screaming In Digital 24:40 | The Lady Wore Black 29:25 | Walk In The Shadows 34:50 | Silent Lucidity 39:07 | Jet City Woman 45:37 | Empire 50:58 | Eyes Of A Stranger 56:34

If they broke up, it would not bother me at all. Geoff Tate is the most boring front man in rock. I have posted about this before. I did not bother to see them when they played Nashville in November, as the previous tour when they played here it was appallingly bad. Though it was neat to see them play Rage For Order live in it's entirety, it could not make up for how lame the performance was by Tate. Rest of the band was ok....but no longer spectacular for me.
                          Last edited by Hardrock69; 05-15-2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Whorehey
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jan 2012

Just watched BTM:Styx. Cannot help to draw comparisons
                            here. Styx had a two, three album period where they tore it up.
                            Parted ways with their "frontman", seem to be enjoying
                            life playing barns with REO and the like.

QR could find a Tate sound-alike and hook up with other
                            80's bands on one of these multi bills playing outdoor
                            venues. They can play the shit out of everything from the
                            EP to Empire and have no problem coming up with an
                            awesome setlist.
                            'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                              Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

They opened for Priest in Toronto around 2005 and it sucked ass! The band came out and started playing, Tate strolls out to cheers and then proceeds to stand motionless on stage singing. Then as the song winds down he walks slowly off the stage. Band goes into the next song...Tate strolls out and stands motionless and sings. Repeat for entire set.

Boring as hell!!!
                              Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

Working...