X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

1984 Tour Crew Silver & Gold VH rings

You know how it is. Late night searching the deepest depths of the Internet for "David Lee Roth 1984 Fish Prank" or something....and you come across some gem.

Van Halen awarded the tour crew from 1984 a silver VH ring. If they made it through to the end of the tour they were awarded a similar ring but in gold. Word is they only awarded less than 10 gold rings to the crew. This was a loyalty perk & pretty damned cool I think. Guarantee it was Daves idea.

Comment posted:

I talked to a guy today that was wearing this ring!! He also had the gold ring to match on the other hand. His story was that VH gave the silver ring to all the crew members at the beginning of the tour. He said there were about 350 silver rings given out. If you lasted the entire tour you got the gold ring which he had on. Seems like he said the number of gold rings given out at the end of the tour was in the single digits. He was a pretty tall guy and told the story that he was a body guard/driver during that time.
    I just had to come home and check out his story because of course I had never heard of nor seen one of these before.

Another:

just this past Sunday at a flea market in Sweetwater, TN. A vendor had a supposedly 18k gold ring like the one pictured. This man also said he had been a bodyguard/driver for Van Halen in the 1980s and had been given one of 8 of the gold rings. He also said 350 silver rings had been given out.

Macro shot of an old ring that was given out to crew members of the 1984 Van Halen world tour. Didn't look this dirty to my naked eye. There's even some hair stuck to it. Nasty. Nikon D700 and Sigma APO MACRO 150mm F2.8 EX DG HSM.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”
  • rocking ron
    Head Fluffer
    • Sep 2010

Never have seen this before, pretty cool, he may hit me at my for-head with it haha...also cool...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Cool. i want one!!!
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Don't lie Sadaist, you bought that at the flea market at the Sports Arena over the weekend.....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

That's so cool!
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
            Van Halen awarded the tour crew from 1984 a silver VH ring. If they made it through to the end of the tour they were awarded a similar ring but in gold.
            Very cool. We should ask Nitro Express to show his.
            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
            Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Too cool!! I need one of those...
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Zing!
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

If I had earned that gold ring I wouldn't keep it to myself. I'd never stop talking/telling that story over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over to anyone that would listen.
                My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

I know a light guy from the OITOOKASHIT2 / monsters tour. I don't suppose he got a 55 ring.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
                    I know a light guy from the OITOOKASHIT2 / monsters tour. I don't suppose he got a 55 ring.
                    The crew should have been rewarded medals if they made it through that piece of shit tour

Could you imagine having to listen to that crap every other night for 6 months or however long it was?

Comment

• SNIPER
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                      The crew should have been rewarded medals if they made it through that piece of shit tour

Could you imagine having to listen to that crap every other night for 6 months or however long it was?
                      Yep!

Comment

• TJMKID
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

That gold ring is like Kryptonite for any girl between 18 and 50 ---- you got guaranteed pussy comin' your way if you flash that mothefuckin' beauty in a bar.

I agree this was Dave's idea --- he's very loyal --- and the 10 roadies who got the coveted gold edition were the guys who scored him the best-lookin' ass on that tour.

Last edited by TJMKID; 05-16-2012, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• NIN1211
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2012

[QUOTE=TJMKID;1652679]That gold ring is like Kryptonite for any girl between 18 and 50 ---- you got guaranteed pussy comin' your way if you flash that mothefuckin' beauty in a bar.

I agree this was Dave's idea --- he's very loyal --- and the 10 roadies who got the coveted gold edition were the guys who scored him the best-lookin' ass on that tour.

if you survived a year with these guys.........

you got this.....................
                          Compliments of Ga y Cherone
                          Last edited by NIN1211; 05-16-2012, 09:21 PM.

Hey psycho, please get out of my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Comment

• TJMKID
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
                            If I had earned that gold ring I wouldn't keep it to myself. I'd never stop talking/telling that story over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over to anyone that would listen.

You wouldn't have time to talk about it ---- you'd have too much pussy bouncing on ya dick

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                              You wouldn't have time to talk about it ---- you'd have too much pussy bouncing on ya dick

Guaranteed hummer at the show of your choice if you're wearing the gold ring..."Why yes, I actually do know the band. Let me tell you the story of how Dave gave me this ring..."

Comment

Working...