X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VHscraps
    Veteran
    • Jul 2009

I'm with you on that, hambon.

The original guys went through it all together before fame and glory. It's a unique bond, no matter what they might feel about each other later.

One of the most striking things about the aftermath of the 1996 clusterfck at MTV was how you could actually find Dave sticking up for Eddie - at a film premiere soon afterwards, he was out front with the TV cameras and with Howard Stern and Tonny Bennett (it's on youtube) and Stern is goading the audience into chanting 'Eddie sucks, Eddie sucks', and DLR grabs the mic from Stern says to all these people: 'Hang on a minute, hang on ... Eddie doesn't suck'.

It was no surprise that around that time he also said something like, 'That was my team, and I helped build it up - and I don't like to hear anybody tearin' it down'.
    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• SunisinuS
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • May 2010

Originally posted by SNIPER
      How could it be sales Mike? Tickets were not on sale for most of it. Same old Dave he says? I am not sure where he was going with that.

Passive-aggressive Back handed swipe.
      Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Uh....the "same old Dave" is EXACTLY what we want....and are willing to pay dearly for & drive hundreds upon hundreds of miles with toothpicks holding our eyelids open and a beer can between the legs. yes, the "same old Dave" is what sells tickets, makes fans happy, and makes the music magic.

Ticket sales...sheesh. More people took a pee during Alex's solo than were at the last Chickenface show.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Dear Mike....

Go away.

Signed,

everyone. (even Sammy signed this)
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• hambon4lif
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps

The original guys went through it all together before fame and glory. It's a unique bond, no matter what they might feel about each other later.
            Exactly! Maybe I'm just in a rare nostalgic mood, but I've been listening to and/or watching the Pasadena Civic show, The US Festival, Largo, and Montreal '84 and thinking "Damn! If I had found the same perfect combination they did, the whole world would kissing MY ass, too!!"
            All the other shit, to me, is just for the benefit of the media. Onstage, those four kicked your ass into the back of your skull, bar none.

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Funny that Michael already saw the Dave press release. So from that we can gather that he sits around watching all the VH videos crying into his hot sauce bottles......hey, maybe I'm on to something here.

Coming soon from Sauce Sobelewski (previously from the famous rock band Van Halen).....

Tastes superb on your grouper soup.
              Last edited by sadaist; 05-23-2012, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

"Same old Dave"... And I wouldn't have it any other way
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Yes, I would have it no other way either! But "same old Dave" coming from Mike was not meant as positive I don't think. ...Don't forget Mike would also say "who the fuck is this guy on stage with me trying to act like my friend"

Comment

• SNIPER
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

Nice guy or not. Original member forever indeed, but I don't trust the guy anymore.

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
                      Yes, I would have it no other way either! But "same old Dave" coming from Mike was not meant as positive I don't think. ...Don't forget Mike would also say "who the fuck is this guy on stage with me trying to act like my friend"

While the other side of his mouth he says he knows when on stage you put on an act/show for the audience so they don't see the internal strife. Fucking more I hear from this guy the bigger asshole he is. Good riddance.

Comment

• chi-town324
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Feb 2007

What I gathered is that Mike would be back in if they asked .. which could be a song or 2 sometime or never but he'd come running if asked.. U never know

Comment

• hambon4lif
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                          Funny that Michael already saw the Dave press release. So from that we can gather that he sits around watching all the VH videos crying into his hot sauce bottles......hey, maybe I'm on to something here.
                          Yeah, you're definitely onto something. Especially given your stance on Motley Crue, when you know deep down in your soul that the Motley album with Corabi fucking CRUSHES anything they did with D.U.I., yet you're gonna sit here on this board and talk shit about how D.U.I is the shit, and can't be replaced?
                          Are you onto some kind of actual logic here? Or are you onto the deeper side of raw irony?

It's a chess game, dude....every move is critical.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Does this really sound like a guy living his life and has no axe to grind? Seems like alot of attention and thought put to this. Why the conjecture when he doesn't know anything? And if he does know something why say anything at all? Weak...

"The black and white video in the woods with his dog, talking about the postponements? Yeah, I watched itand yeah, that’s Dave. He hasn’t changed a bit. Who Knows? Only the band really knows what is going on. I don’t really care to comment on that. I have my own theories on it. To me it sounds kinda interesting that if you are tired and need to re-charge your batteries, you don’t go put 30 shows on sale. [VHND notes that the 30 shows were announced, but most weren't on sale yet]. If I were a fan, I would think that a little odd, to pull the plug on it. It could be the sales, you just don’t know.
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• hambon4lif
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                              I have my own theories on it. To me it sounds kinda interesting that if you are tired and need to re-charge your batteries, you don’t go put 30 shows on sale.
                              If I were a fan, I would think that a little odd, to pull the plug on it.
                              Alot of people here thought the same damn thing!! (should I link?)

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

Comment

• VAiN
                                Use my hand, I won't look
                                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by VHscraps

One of the most striking things about the aftermath of the 1996 clusterfck at MTV was how you could actually find Dave sticking up for Eddie - at a film premiere soon afterwards, he was out front with the TV cameras and with Howard Stern and Tonny Bennett (it's on youtube) and Stern is goading the audience into chanting 'Eddie sucks, Eddie sucks', and DLR grabs the mic from Stern says to all these people: 'Hang on a minute, hang on ... Eddie doesn't suck'.

It was no surprise that around that time he also said something like, 'That was my team, and I helped build it up - and I don't like to hear anybody tearin' it down'.
                                I remember watching that and just feeling good about what Dave did and how he handled it. That's class.
                                Originally posted by wiseguy
                                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Working...