X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wolfsbane
    Roadie
    • Jan 2005

VH is over for me

Saw VH last nite in Vegas. Loved the sound. IF I closed my eyes, it was awesome.

Don't get me wrong, I am a DLR fan all the way. Not a EVH fan, not a VH in any form fan. I am a DLR fan.

I have seen Dave 6 times live. I have all of Dave's albums. I even have boots and a gold record.

This silly dancing and shit eating grin has ruined it for me. I don't know if it is the VH sisters who are making him do this, or if he feels he needs to distract from his singing ( which is fine for a live show). But it is over for me.

I will not see Dave again unless this crap stops.

It used to be that Dave ( and VH) were more dangerous than the music. Now, they are about as dangerous as custard pie. If you don't appear serious, why should I see you any different.

I hope the checkered flag means this is the end of the race for Dave with VH.
  • TwoFoolsAMinute
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

I totally understand.

Comment

• SNIPER
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

Because Crazy From The Heat and all those videos were serious right?

Comment

• wolfsbane
        Roadie
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by SNIPER
        Because Crazy From The Heat and all those videos were serious right?
        My gosh, you are right. Dave has always been a silly shit-eating grin goofball/village idiot.

Thanks for explaining it to me.

Comment

• Unchainme
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by wolfsbane
          Saw VH last nite in Vegas. Loved the sound. IF I closed my eyes, it was awesome.

Don't get me wrong, I am a DLR fan all the way. Not a EVH fan, not a VH in any form fan. I am a DLR fan.

I have seen Dave 6 times live. I have all of Dave's albums. I even have boots and a gold record.

This silly dancing and shit eating grin has ruined it for me. I don't know if it is the VH sisters who are making him do this, or if he feels he needs to distract from his singing ( which is fine for a live show). But it is over for me.

I will not see Dave again unless this crap stops.

It used to be that Dave ( and VH) were more dangerous than the music. Now, they are about as dangerous as custard pie. If you don't appear serious, why should I see you any different.

I hope the checkered flag means this is the end of the race for Dave with VH.
          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• SNIPER
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

My gosh, you are right. Dave has always been a silly shit-eating grin goofball/village idiot.

Thanks for explaining it to me.

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
              Veteran
              • Mar 2012

This silly dancing and shit eating grin has ruined it for me.
              Well, fuck....I guess since you said so, Dave better quit having a good fuckin' time and quit smiling. Good grief, really? He's a 57 year old man, living the dream (not to mention, making many of our dreams come true)....get with the program, this is Dave in 2012, not Dave in 1978. If you don't respect that then, then that's your problem.
              Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• SNIPER
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
                Well, fuck....I guess since you said so, Dave better quit having a good fuckin' time and quit smiling. Good grief, really? He's a 57 year old man, living the dream (not to mention, making many of our dreams come true)....get with the program, this is Dave in 2012, not Dave in 1978. If you don't respect that then, then that's your problem.
                NoNo, He does not like Dave in 78 because that was VH. He does not like VH in any form.

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2012

Here bro....maybe you can borrow these to make your next Dave show a better experience...

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

I like eggs.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by SNIPER
                      NoNo, He does not like Dave in 78 because that was VH. He does not like VH in any form.
                      Oh sorry, my bad.

Comment

• SNIPER
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
                        Here bro....maybe you can borrow these to make your next Dave show a better experience...

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2012

In case you need clarification, those are sleep goggles. Pretty in pink.

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

And now for a public service announcement...

Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

A 57 year old man can't do the same things that he did when he was 25. Geezus....film at fucking 11.

It ain't just Dave. U2 had to postpone a whole tour because Bono had back surgery, just after his 50th birthday. The guy isn't going to be climbing scaffolding and jumping off stage to dance in the audience anymore. Bruce Springsteen doesn't do 4 hour marathon shows anymore, and who knows what his show will be like without Clarence.

Yeah, on one level it sucks, but these guys are still out on the road, and in Van Halen's case they're doing so on the strength of an album that ranks right up there with their first 4.

It's not perfection, but what the fuck is anymore.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...