• atomicpnk47
    Head Fluffer
    • Feb 2007

Either you get it or you don't...

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Come on wolfsbane,You can't be serious.Dave is dancing and smiling while blasting out some of the best songs of all time to sold out arena's every other night and that turns you off?.Has quite the opposite effect on me
      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by wolfsbane
        Saw VH last nite in Vegas. Loved the sound. IF I closed my eyes, it was awesome.

Don't get me wrong, I am a DLR fan all the way. Not a EVH fan, not a VH in any form fan. I am a DLR fan.

I have seen Dave 6 times live. I have all of Dave's albums. I even have boots and a gold record.

This silly dancing and shit eating grin has ruined it for me. I don't know if it is the VH sisters who are making him do this, or if he feels he needs to distract from his singing ( which is fine for a live show). But it is over for me.

I will not see Dave again unless this crap stops.

It used to be that Dave ( and VH) were more dangerous than the music. Now, they are about as dangerous as custard pie. If you don't appear serious, why should I see you any different.

I hope the checkered flag means this is the end of the race for Dave with VH.

Comment

• clockworkangels
          Roth Army Recruit
          • May 2012

First time poster...very long time lurker

Have to say I understand the OP's comments. I will be seeing VH on the Texas run of shows. I think it is an age thing. Dave hasn't been the Dave we remember from the 80s in a long, long, long time. Even on the Sam and Dave Tour...Roth looked outdated but my heart was still with the guy. I think Hagar's band blew away Roth's and Sammy's show itself took him to the woodshed...it's just Dave is extremely eclectic and lives in his own universe...always has. It just so happens that sheep herding dogs are his bag right now.

I could care less....I just wanna see him smile and enjoy the rest of his life. Enough of the drama already.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by clockworkangels
            Have to say I understand the OP's comments. I will be seeing VH on the Texas run of shows. I think it is an age thing. Dave hasn't been the Dave we remember from the 80s in a long, long, long time. Even on the Sam and Dave Tour...Roth looked outdated but my heart was still with the guy. I think Hagar's band blew away Roth's and Sammy's show itself took him to the woodshed...it's just Dave is extremely eclectic and lives in his own universe...always has. It just so happens that sheep herding dogs are his bag right now.
            First off welcome clockworkangels.A word of advice though,if you want to kick back and join the Roth Army party you may want to think more carefully about wording posts like that
            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• SilvioDante
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

Quick show of hands.... Who is the exact same person they were in 1984? Who looks the same and acts the same? Anyone?

I just don't understand what people are expecting? Dave is 57! My dad was retired and sitting around the house doing nothing at 57. Dave, along with Ed and Al, are going around the country and playing a near 2 hour concert every 3rd night or so. That to me deserves and demands my respect. Not to mention they have lived a lot of life since '84. Rehab, cancer, rehab, divorces, rehab, arrests, rehab, failed careers choices, rehab. All of that has to change you.

These guys are different now, and so am I. Like I said in an earlier thread, I would love Dave to come running out on stage one night and say, "Oh my God! You guys have gotten old and fat. You boobs are sagging. You have lost all your hair. You don't scream for us like you use to. We're leaving, come on guys. Let's go home."

One more quick note on the goofiness. I was proud to take my 16 yr. old daughter to the show in Nashville. The only concerts she has ever seen were the Flavor-o'-the-Month boy groups and Taylor Swift. After about the 5th song she leans over and says "Dave sound kinda like the record. Better than I thought he would". As the show went one, I would look over at her and see her reaction to Dave's hijinks and she was smiling. Finally, when Dave pulled out the checkered flag, I looked at her and she was laughing. I asked her what was wrong. She said "I don't get it, that's stupid." I said, "It made you smile. I doesn't have to mean anything. You DO get it". She smiled and agreed.

As an earlier poster said, you either get Dave or you don't. I'm gald I do or else I'd have to listen to Daughtry or Nickleback or some crap like that....
              "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• fourthcoming

I wish Dave would stop dancing so much and be more zombie like. It's those damn Van Halen's fault.....them and Arthur Murray.
                Last edited by Guest; 05-29-2012, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Comment

• So this is love
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2012

amazes me that this thread made it to three pages...
                    Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I took this picture of Dave in 1979. He appears to be smiling.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by chi-town324
                        yea the brothers are making him dance...now i've heard it all
                        This appears to be a key point many skimmed over... maybe there is something to it..?

Consider this... in 2007 The Brothers™ did something no one had ever accomplished before... they made Dave shut the fuck up. For 5 years no less...

So for their second act... they made Dave take Shirley Temple/Judy Garland dance lessons and worked the Porta-Dance-Floor into the stage design. This is pure power play genius... Gotta hand it to The Brothers™...
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• golitely
                          Roadie
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          The Brothers™
                          LOL. Love the TM. Stepford Dave.

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Von Halen
                            I took this picture of Dave in 1979. He appears to be smiling.
                            LOL! I posted a "earlier" and "current" picture of Dave smiling too on this thread....I guess he still doesn't get it....
                            Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• perrin29
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2012

Haters can jump on this and spin! Who the hell is the same person or has the same abilities they had in 1984? Fuckin' delusional. Personally, I think the band sounds better now. Dave can do whatever the hell he wants to keep things fresh and interesting. Either go along for the ride or fuck off.

Comment

• gbranton
                                Veteran
                                • Aug 2005

Next thing you know he will bitch about Ed sitting down during his guitar solo.
                                "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...