Did Michael Anthony play bass on every classic Van Halen song?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by SNIPER
    That is pretty fucking funny I must admit. I can picture it in my head even.
    It kinda reminds me of the Styx- Behind The Music special on VH1 where the guitarist who wasn't Tommy Shaw said that one of the first shows of the Mr. Roboto tour was an outdoor venue, and that after ten minutes or so, he was watching car tail lights light up and pull away. That had to be a shitty feeling. 'Thanks a lot Dennis'.

Comment

• Yount
      Commando
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ELVIS
      You're retarded...And gay for Ga y...

5150 is light years ahead of VHIII !!

And yes, Michael Anthony plays on 5150

"Good enough", "Why can't this be love?", "Love walks in", these are extremely gay, and lyrical felonies too. Sammy sings in vague cliches with a boring vocal range. Gary respected the Dave years. Hagar did and still does not. I'm sticking with III.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Yount
        "Good enough", "Why can't this be love?", "Love walks in", these are extremely gay, and lyrical felonies too. Sammy sings in vague cliches with a boring vocal range. Gary respected the Dave years. Hagar did and still does not. I'm sticking with III.

There existed a "Dave" version of Good Enough at onetime, allegedly. Hagar just rewrote the lyrics and they changed a few things around...

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          There existed a "Dave" version of Good Enough at onetime, allegedly. Hagar just rewrote the lyrics and they changed a few things around...
          Dave talks about the aborted 5150 sessions in his Crazy From The Heat book, where upon he'd waste entire mornings sitting on a bench outside the studio waiting for the VH brothers to drag themselves out of bed and sober up. You pretty much come away with the idea that a good portion of the material was already conceived while Roth was still a part of the band. He goes on to describe some of that very material as "maudlin power-ballads", which is about as apt a description ever offered about the album. I'd also add the phrase "hormone-free."

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            There's a lighter instrumental version of that one in The Wild Life movie.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I believe Dave said that Summer Nights was pretty much all done, at least in demo form, and was entitled Eat Thy Neighbor...that song would kick ass with Dave on it!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by chefcraig
                Dave talks about the aborted 5150 sessions in his Crazy From The Heat book, where upon he'd waste entire mornings sitting on a bench outside the studio waiting for the VH brothers to drag themselves out of bed and sober up. You pretty much come away with the idea that a good portion of the material was already conceived while Roth was still a part of the band. He goes on to describe some of that very material as "maudlin power-ballads", which is about as apt a description ever offered about the album. I'd also add the phrase "hormone-free."
                I think he also used the word morose.

Comment

• Yount
                  Commando
                  • Jan 2012

IT'S 5150 TIME!!!

It's relationship time... "Edward/Michael/Alex/Samuel, you haven't put the bins out yet and it's nearly time for dinner, change your pants too they're disgusting, don't leave that glue out either and wash your hands before you come up, well... hurry up!"

Comment

Working...