Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: I need the help of the army to play mayhem fest please!!

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    GOD DAMN WHAT A DAY!! ...Here is a little bit of what is popping in my mind at the moment from the show. More will come to me, I am still recovering. ...First thing when we got there stage production was running a bit behind and that had us concerned because we knew all to well what that could have meant. But things pulled together and KCK was set to play the stage. Sound check was insane just to jam through that monster of a PA! Holy shit!! ...Stage manager called for gates to be open then told us to start. For the first song we were playing for all the merch booth people, event staff, other bands, and crew dudes. Oh yeah, Rita was standing off to the side of the stage checking us out! Awesome, She was super cool and we chatted a bit after our set. It started to pack in around the second song and by the end of our set it was almost a full house. A lot of people only got to hear our set roaring to the long line outside the gates. They were bummed and I heard there was issues with the police (they were in FULL force) because people were freaking out in the line and missing KCK. We had a super tight bad ass set (No video but I saw people filming so it may pop up) ..After we got done we had to go around and do all the press stuff and meet and greats for about 5 hours so I missed ALL bands before Anthrax (but thats okay I didn't really care about the other bands. We ran into almost everybody from other bands in passing. Everybody was so busy doing their own thing I didn't want to bug them, I had to play it cool. ...So Anthrax is getting ready to hit the stage and it is game on for me. I did a shot and packed my pockets with beer and grabbed Light Em Up, (she did not know much about Anthrax and I wanted her to get the full effect). They blew my mind!! I saw them 20 years ago with Joey and they were better than ever yesterday even with the fill in drummer (Still bumed it was not Charlie but it was still good) . They had crazy energy and the set was pretty killer too. Then of course Motorhead and Slayer. Fuck off amazing!! We left before Slipknots set. lol.. We were spent by then anyway. All in all a great fucking day.. ...Next week we open for Otherwise and Red Line Chemistry ...

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SNIPER View Post
    Nobody famous asked me about the shirt but a LOT of fans did. They thought it was a shirt from the new VH tour. I had to set em straight Did my Roth Army PR work too!

Awesome! I figured some fans might ask. Although, you shoulda brought one for Scott Ian so next time he does a VH1 special of the top 100 rock bands he can mention the undying love for ROTH VH. I swear that guy talks on every countdown show I've ever seen.

*and dude....Caught In A Mosh was played on the very stage you stood on mere hours apart from you. Freaky and epic. (can you play the bass line from Caught?) I still can't get over that shit. Did they play I Am The law? they had too. I bet they played it. DROKK IT!

(I'm kinda an Anthrax nerd)
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SNIPER View Post
    We left before Slipknots set. lol.. ..

Clown metal anyhow. Anthrax, Slayer & Motorhead......fuck yeah!

Is Dan Spitz still fixing watches somewhere in jersey?

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Em' Up! View Post
    A few more bad ass shots of Sniper playing Mayhem!!!

OMG SNIPER! That is the exact pose as EVH in your avatar!! So, it's kinda like Eddie van Halen wearing a Roth Army shirt.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    Awesome! I figured some fans might ask. Although, you shoulda brought one for Scott Ian so next time he does a VH1 special of the top 100 rock bands he can mention the undying love for ROTH VH. I swear that guy talks on every countdown show I've ever seen.

*and dude....Caught In A Mosh was played on the very stage you stood on mere hours apart from you. Freaky and epic. (can you play the bass line from Caught?) I still can't get over that shit. Did they play I Am The law? they had too. I bet they played it. DROKK IT!

Anthrax did: Caught In A Mosh, Indians, I Am the Law, Madhouse, Antisocial, Fight Em' Till You Can't, and Got the Time

Again, I wasn't familiar with Anthrax at all, but holy fuck!!! These guys are tight, bad ass, and put on one hell of a stage show!
    Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    OMG SNIPER! That is the exact pose as EVH in your avatar!! So, it's kinda like Eddie van Halen wearing a Roth Army shirt.
    LOL!!! No shit!! I did not even do that on purpose.

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I have been playing that Caught in a mosh bass line since that album came out. Sometimes we jam that song at practice for the fun of it. ..Yeah, next time I will have to order a few Army shirts for things like this.

PFC Roth Army
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Roth Army shirt!!!! Killer!!!!
    " You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by private parts View Post
    Roth Army shirt!!!! Killer!!!!
    LOL! That was the deal....the Army votes for Sniper's band to play Mayhem and he sports the Roth Army shirt while playing it!!! It was bad ass!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Just wanted to say congrats Sniper (and Light Em Up) on a kick ass day and what sounds like a kick ass performance. Love the pix and LOVE the shirt!!! Can't wait to see some videos!
    I'm going to Mayhem in CT in August and I'm psyched. I think I may be the only one here going mainly to see Slipknot - I know the masks are silly but I do love that band! Never got into the others but looking forward to seeing them live as that's the best way for me to get into a band. Not dissing anyone, but just was never introduced to any of the heavier stuff growing up. I'm definitely open to the opportunity to learn what I've been missing! Wish KCK was playing all the shows!!
    Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Just now saw this thread. Dude, so happy for ya.
    An amazing day for both of you, So glad everything worked out!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Momshell View Post
    Just wanted to say congrats Sniper (and Light Em Up) on a kick ass day and what sounds like a kick ass performance. Love the pix and LOVE the shirt!!! Can't wait to see some videos!
    I'm going to Mayhem in CT in August and I'm psyched. I think I may be the only one here going mainly to see Slipknot - I know the masks are silly but I do love that band! Never got into the others but looking forward to seeing them live as that's the best way for me to get into a band. Not dissing anyone, but just was never introduced to any of the heavier stuff growing up. I'm definitely open to the opportunity to learn what I've been missing! Wish KCK was playing all the shows!!
    It was the same way for me Momshell...only I didn't even really care about seeing Slipknot. You might find yourself blown away by Anthrax....shit knows, I did! Man, that would be something else if KCK were opening all of the Mayhem Fests!! DAMN!!!

Thanks again to all of you for your support through this whole process!

Thread Information