X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chuckjitsu
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2012

Best Shows from 07-08 Tour

Just out of my own curiosity, I'm digging back to the 07-08 tour to check some things out. Instead of wading through umpteen vids on youtube, I'm turning to the Army for show suggestions, good (or bad).

Thanks!
  • CROWBAR
    Commando
    • Sep 2004

Avoid the Las Vegas show at all costs.

Comment

• SNIPER
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
      Just out of my own curiosity, I'm digging back to the 07-08 tour to check some things out. Instead of wading through umpteen vids on youtube, I'm turning to the Army for show suggestions, good (or bad).

Thanks!
      Im telling you Reno 08 was the best. Not just because I was there but it was the first show back after the "break" and it was tight as shit!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Apr 2005

Mn was great ! I have a ok cd boot of it. Ed played good. I think it was early in the tour.

Comment

• hambon4lif
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

Aw hell, this is easy. Everybody knows it was Rosemont. I'm not just saying that 'cause I was there.....fuck it, yeah I am. It still kicked unholy ass and turned out to be one of the best shows from early in the tour.
          Allstate Arena has been a hotspot for Van Halen so far. They've always knocked the fuckin' walls off of that joint everytime.

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
            Sniper
            • Apr 2004

Kansas City was BAAAD.

Comment

• Never was
              Foot Soldier
              • May 2012

I'd agree Rosemont was the best
              Lauderdale was the worst

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
                Sniper
                • Apr 2004

I like that Montreal? show where they were goofing around a lot and a bunch of the DDLR crew road tripped. Lou recorded it. Good recording and entertaining show.

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by SNIPER
                  Im telling you Reno 08 was the best. Not just because I was there but it was the first show back after the "break" and it was tight as shit!
                  I only have the opinion of the Reno 08 show, because thus far it's the only one I've seen live. Personally, I thought it was a bad ass show. The band was super tight, every one looked healthy and happy to be playing, and it was kind of a "smaller" venue. I was also front row, and having Dave stand right in front of me singing was pretty awe inspiring.
                  Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

I caught the Vancouver show early Dec 07. It was excellent...and nott just because you can hear me "woohooing" on one of the Youtube vids of HFT either
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• RedEye
                      Groupie
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by TwoFoolsAMinute
                      Kansas City was BAAAD.
                      Complete agreement. I was disappointed in the lack of effort by all. They redeemed themselves later in Omaha that tour. KC this time around was killer.

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Dec 2008

True dat. Dave didn't do the "hat trick" starting with the vegas show.
                        I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Apr 2012

Thanks for the suggestions. Earlier today I was watching some vids from the Baltimore show in '08 and it seemed like a pretty good show. They threw Crossroads in the middle of SGMAD and Dave was in classic Dave form- telling the crowd that "Wolf will get some Baltimore leg tonight for sure" which got a good laugh out of Ed.

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Dec 2008

Best show: Dec 07, Anaheim. KILLER SHOW!!!!!! I was there to witness such awesomeness!!!

Best You Tubes: San Diego 07. Great clips that make you feel like you were there!
                            I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I vote Montreal 07. Great recording by Lou. Roth quote - "Is this a great show tonight or fuckin' what?"

Oh dear.

Comment

Working...