• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Sheryl Crow diagnosed with benign brain tumor

Sheryl Crow diagnosed with benign brain tumor

Sheryl Crow has a brain tumor, but it’s benign.

The Grammy-winning singer and Nashville-area resident revealed the medical malady during an interview with Las Vegas Review-Journal’s Doug Elfman last week at the Mandalay Bay hotel.

“I worried about my memory so much that I went and got an MRI,” Crow is quoted as saying in a story posted on the publication’s website. “And I found out I have a brain tumor.

“And I was, like, ‘See? I knew there was something wrong.’ ”

Elfman writes in the column that he didn’t know whether Crow was joking “because we had just been laughing about how she recently forgot some lyrics on stage.”

But Crow was serious.

“I haven’t really talked about it,” she told Elfman. “In November, I found out I have a brain tumor. But it’s benign, so I don’t have to worry about it. But it gives me a fit.”

Link
    Last edited by Diamondjimi; 06-10-2012, 09:58 PM.
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!
  • Satan
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Well, I suppose benign is better than the alternative, in the fact that it won't spread elsewhere. But still, something growing in your brain that shouldn't be there, pretty much sucks anyway you look at it.
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Yes, indeed, it does.

Oh dear.

Comment

• gbranton
        Veteran
        • Aug 2005

Maybe it is in the area of her brain that makes her want to fuck up great old songs.
        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• So this is love
          Veteran
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by gbranton
          Maybe it is in the area of her brain that makes her want to fuck up great old songs.
          be nice! shes a human being just like you.......
          Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
            be nice! shes a human being just like you.......
            Perhaps...yet I never wanted to date Lance Armstrong and Kid Rock in the same lifetime, ya know?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Satan
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Well, there's a correlation there, I suppose. Lance Armstrong had cancer, and Kid Rock IS a cancer on the music industry.
              Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
              I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                Perhaps...yet I never wanted to date Lance Armstrong and Kid Rock in the same lifetime, ya know?
                Originally posted by Satan
                Well, there's a correlation there, I suppose. Lance Armstrong had cancer, and Kid Rock IS a cancer on the music industry.
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Brain cancer scares me more than anything else that could possibly happen. Even death. You know if they operate you are wide awake? FUCK THAT! Listening as they saw your skull open and start poking around FUCK THAT! What if they make a mistake? You can hear them..."we need to stop the bleeding!" ..."He's coding!"...."We're losing him!"........again I repeat, FUCK THAT!
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by sadaist
                    Brain cancer scares me more than anything else that could possibly happen. Even death. You know if they operate you are wide awake? FUCK THAT! Listening as they saw your skull open and start poking around FUCK THAT! What if they make a mistake? You can hear them..."we need to stop the bleeding!" ..."He's coding!"...."We're losing him!"........again I repeat, FUCK THAT!
                    You and me both.

But if it came down to 'it's this or death' we'd all choose the skull saw. The fear would be unreal, however........
                    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Momshell
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2012

Here's something I never shared with you all. I had a benign brain tumor 3 years ago. Had no idea til it caused me to have a grand mal seizure. Luckily my kids were asleep and I was home with my husband. I was acting weird right before it so he got me into bed and called 911. Even though I was in bed, the force of the seizure popped both shoulders out of the sockets and broke em both. Had brain surgery, but was not awake. Instead they put electrodes all over my head when I was awake beforehand to determine which areas controlled what. The scariest part was that they didn't know it was benign til after the surgery. Also needed pt for 1 1/2 years and steroid shots to fix my shoulders. My heart goes out to Sheryl. No one should have to go through that shit. Thank god the doctors saw my tattoo and let me listen to VH during all of my procedures. Worked in the MRI machine way better than the meds they put in my IV to calm me down!
                      Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Momshell
                        Here's something I never shared with you all. I had a benign brain tumor 3 years ago. Had no idea til it caused me to have a grand mal seizure. Luckily my kids were asleep and I was home with my husband. I was acting weird right before it so he got me into bed and called 911. Even though I was in bed, the force of the seizure popped both shoulders out of the sockets and broke em both. Had brain surgery, but was not awake. Instead they put electrodes all over my head when I was awake beforehand to determine which areas controlled what. The scariest part was that they didn't know it was benign til after the surgery. Also needed pt for 1 1/2 years and steroid shots to fix my shoulders. My heart goes out to Sheryl. No one should have to go through that shit. Thank god the doctors saw my tattoo and let me listen to VH during all of my procedures. Worked in the MRI machine way better than the meds they put in my IV to calm me down!
                        Oh my gosh sister....I'm so glad you are okay now...
                        Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Ditto.

Oh dear.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Here's something I never shared with you all.
                            Fuck. So glad you made it to the other side to see the new VH album and see 47 shows (lol...47 now right?) Great news you weren't awake. I don't even like thinking about that. Modern science can be great. Damn seizure must have been like in the Exorcist to pop your shoulders out. Damn!

et me listen to VH during all of my procedures. Worked in the MRI machine way better than the meds they put in my IV to calm me down
                            But still take the meds. ALWAYS take the meds See if you can take some to the next show? lol

When I was in the hospital bed before my surgery I was nervous as shit. They hooked up an IV and told me it was just saline or whatever. LIARS! When they finally rolled me to the operating room I was waving to everyone else like I was Princess Di as I passed by and I was pitching a tent. Good drugs for sure!
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig

Q - What has 3 testicles and has dated Cheryl Crow?

A - Kid Rock & Lance Armstrong

Comment

Working...