X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJMKID
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
    I never got any of that .....its a bloke who is over the moon and very proud of his son .. that interview screamed that .
    The quote about the singer didnt bother me .. of course ed would prefer this to be a family affair but he wouldnt be playing the crowds he is now without dave.

It's OK to gush about your son ---- but don't do it at the expense of a legendary frontman who was at least 50% responsible for making your little band into a rock icon.

"We only hired Dave because he owned his PA system" lost it's funny around 1986 ---- now Ed and Al just look like delusional assholes when they repeat that shit over and over.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by TJMKID
      Yeah --- and the joke about "We only needed Dave because of his PA system" has been perpetuated by Ed and Alex for 35 years now.

Revoke your membership to the Wolfgang Nutsack Nuzzlers Society, dumbo --- it's your only hope.
      Perpetuated by saying they love him like a brother? If you say so. I think you're holding a grudge that Dave himself doesn't hold. Al elaborates beyond the PA story you cherish so much in the Early Years documentary. He new Dave was what they needed.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
        It's OK to gush about your son ---- but don't do it at the expense of a legendary frontman who was at least 50% responsible for making your little band into a rock icon.

"We only hired Dave because he owned his PA system" lost it's funny around 1986 ---- now Ed and Al just look like delusional assholes when they repeat that shit over and over.

Without David Lee Roth, Eddie would have been just another George Lynch, Vito Bratta, Jake E Lee, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Tony MacAlpine, Marty Friedman, and hundreds of others type. All great guitarists but not rock legends & household names.

It aint Van Halen without Eddie, but it aint legendary without Diamond Dave.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Man they all said shit about each other ..... If ur gonna hold the past against them and let it spoil the now .... Your gonna miss the now ... Am not denying it didn't happen am just listening to what there saying now ....
          It requires a degree of acceptance
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• private parts
            Sniper
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by vandeleur
            man they all said shit about each other ..... If ur gonna hold the past against them and let it spoil the now .... Your gonna miss the now ... Am not denying it didn't happen am just listening to what there saying now ....
            It requires a degree of acceptance
            as is!!
            sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

When Eddie said his dad told him if you make a mistake, do it twice & smile so people think you meant to do it that way.

Maybe he used this philosophy since he hired 2 replacement singers? Or hired Sammy twice?
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by private parts
                as is!!

Comment

• Nigel
                  Roadie
                  • Mar 2004

When Ed says "taking Dave in small doses", there's always a bit of truth to a flippant comment.

Why doesn't he say, "Dave IS the singer for this band, now and for the future"

For the Conspiracy Theorists: Maybe the BIG deal next year is Spammy and Dave showcase

both era's on tour so that for some unknown reason, the crowd can be forced to hear "Right Now my Poundcake is Mine All Mine"

with guest appearances by Emeril Lagasse yelling "bam" into the microphone, as Dave jerks-off gallons of Tequila into the front row.

By the way, I thought it was Angus Young who was the key guy in AC/DC

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nigel

By the way, I thought it was Angus Young who was the key guy in AC/DC

LOL. I've always loved Malcolm. Dude is a monster in the background. But honestly I don't think Eddie & Angus like each other much. There have been the little backhanded comments from Angus over the years I think stemming all the way back to some European show they played together at. You can find some on Youtube. Eddie has dropped a few backhands too. "only 3 notes"? hahaha!

But yeah, AC/DC is super simplified rock music. But it sure kicks ass. Sometimes all you need is 3 notes to melt a face. Why use 10 when 3 will suffice?

Comment

• Momshell
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2012

I agree with all of you saying not to blow Eddie's comments out of proportion, and I'm trying my hardest not to. I did, however, cringe about the singer comment, and also about the possibility that my show in NJ won't get rescheduled. As far as the superbowl, I wouldn't mind these guys getting the attention they deserve, as long as they don't cave too much and lose themselves in the process. Would hate to see a VH GaGa mash-up!
                      Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nigel
                        "

For the Conspiracy Theorists: Maybe the BIG deal next year is Spammy and Dave showcase
                        YOU BLASPHEME!!!

How rude.
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Momshell
                          I agree with all of you saying not to blow Eddie's comments out of proportion, and I'm trying my hardest not to. I did, however, cringe about the singer comment, and also about the possibility that my show in NJ won't get rescheduled. As far as the superbowl, I wouldn't mind these guys getting the attention they deserve, as long as they don't cave too much and lose themselves in the process. Would hate to see a VH GaGa mash-up!
                          Wouldn't necessarily go down like that. U2, the Who, Paul McCartney & some other prominent acts were able to do their shows without cameos by the flavor of the month teeny boppers at the time.

And that does suck about NJ. So much for the tailgate party.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by sadaist
                            LOL. I've always loved Malcolm. Dude is a monster in the background. But honestly I don't think Eddie & Angus like each other much. There have been the little backhanded comments from Angus over the years I think stemming all the way back to some European show they played together at. You can find some on Youtube. Eddie has dropped a few backhands too. "only 3 notes"? hahaha!

But yeah, AC/DC is super simplified rock music. But it sure kicks ass. Sometimes all you need is 3 notes to melt a face. Why use 10 when 3 will suffice?
                            If memory serves , there is footage of acdc at donnington getting interviewed and vh/dave are next door playing music and messing around trying to disturbe them lol

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

It's just too easy for us here to not fully trust Eddies motives. Yes he is doing everything right the last 5 years. Doesn't mean we trust him with the keys to the safe yet. No matter how much you domesticate a pit bull you still don't ever trust them 100% with the baby.

Comment

• Momshell
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                                Wouldn't necessarily go down like that. U2, the Who, Paul McCartney & some other prominent acts were able to do their shows without cameos by the flavor of the month teeny boppers at the time.

And that does suck about NJ. So much for the tailgate party.
                                Very true - and I'm not giving up on NJ and the tailgate just yet!!
                                Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

Working...