Enjoy your Facebook: People that are now just somebody I used to know....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BenJammin
    Foot Soldier
    • Feb 2004

I would think that only a few would know the true agenda, or at least seize upon the situation when it becomes clear things have degraded to the point they could step in.

But generally it's done in small increments, gradual indoctrination, and the "belief that everything will be better" if we/me/you just give in a little here and there for the greater good. See 'Third Reich'.

(I know... making the jump from FB to nazi Germany is a big leap, but hey, the anti-Christ isn't supposed to appear overtly evil at first ).
    Last edited by BenJammin; 06-20-2012, 01:29 PM.
    "Money can't buy poverty." -Marty Feldman

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by binnie

You really think that there is a conspiracy to undo your liberty?

That's not a conspiracy. But yes, liberty has been undermined in this country...

At what point does someone become part of 'Big Brother'.

When they write or support legislation involved with surveillance, drones, cameras, reporting on neighbors and family, terrorism, domestic terrorism, no due process, gun bans...and on and on...

Is every member of the armed forces, local government or any employee of the state a part of it?

No...

If not, are they all somehow ignorant of the conspiracy?

No, but probably more so than not...

That's a lot of people to con and to keep quiet........

No its not...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I'm really not - it's a terrible TV show.

You really think that there is a conspiracy to undo your liberty? At what point does someone become part of 'Big Brother'. Is every member of the armed forces, local government or any employee of the state a part of it? If not, are they all somehow ignorant of the conspiracy? That's a lot of people to con and to keep quiet........
        You're wasting your breath and the 1&0's around here using logic with their inbreds...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The real problem is we need significant legislation such as a massive update to The Privacy Act of 1974*, which recent terrorist events have essentially put off while tech advances precipitously.

But being a conspiratorial fuckwit about everything doesn't help either...
          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 06-20-2012, 09:36 PM. Reason: *correction

Comment

• SunisinuS
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • May 2010

There are two issues that come to mind with stuff like this:

1) every time our government(s) try to implement the computer systems necessary for task of this size, it falls flat on its face. Think about the NHS computer reforms, for instance.

2) storing all of that information is one thing. Having enough people to process it for it to be a 'Big Brother' situation is quite another.
            Well I think that people willingly joining a database is not directly a government enterprise. The Government will just sit back and either buy the information or cherry pick it via legislation. And once they get some info on you they try and keep it forever. Just like a false arrest means they have your finger prints forever....they will not erase them. And anyone that trusts the government to "do the right thing" with all of this information probably is still teething or still hoping Nixon will win the next election.
            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

How can you live in the richest, most prosperous country in history and think that the government is out to get you?

It baffles me, but I'm fascinated by it.
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

People prefer to convince themselves that there is some secret cabal of super powerful people running things as evil geniuses.

This is much less frightening to them than sailing through life on a sea of random crazy shit where no one really knows what the fuck is going on or how to control it.

That's basically the cornerstone of almost every conspiracy theory, it's human nature.

In the US it's exacerbated by a strange disconnect between people and government, maybe because of the size. Here where half the people you know work for the government with varying levels of effectiveness I don't think we think of 'the state' as a separate towering monster more as a bunch of people trying to pay their mortgages while some bullshitters at the top try not to lose their jobs while on an ego trip.

As I've said before I don't know how people, particularly Americans, can spend half their lives complaining about how shit government is at doing everything from road repairs to bombing the right people but at the same time think there is a different secret kind of government that is super intelligent and brilliantly evil.

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Ssssh Sesh.

They'll never know that you and I are Big Brother......
                  The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think I'm more Little Sister...

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      You're right...

I googled bitch and all kind of stuff about you came up...
                      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

Working...