Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Guitar World Comes Through Again! Awesome VH Cover Story In New Issue!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status

Guitar World Comes Through Again! Awesome VH Cover Story In New Issue!

On the cover is a photo of Ed playing one of his Stealth Wolfgang guitars.

Title is:

On The Road With Edward & Wolfgang Van Halen
    "I See Us Doing This For A Long, Long Time!"

Inside.....man....fucking kickass! They apparently did the interviews, etc. mostly in Atlanta, though they do include a photo from the Vegas show in May.

1. Lengthy interview with Ed.

2. Lengthy interview with Wolfy

3. In depth examination of both their rigs, what guitars they are using, pedalboards, and commentary from their techs Jim Survis and Craig DeFalco.

This is fucking great.

One thing that is obvious from these interviews:

We have been hearing for some time how much of a driving force Wolfy has been in the band for the past 6 years.

He has been MUCH MORE of a driving force than any of us realized!

To the point where he would argue with John Shanks in the studio over which parts of Ed's solos should be in the final mixes on the album, lol.

Wolfy, if you ever read this, I gotta hand it to ya. Thanks a million times over for all you do!

If any of you have a subscription to GW, you will get this in the mail, if you have not already.

If you don't have a subscription, go to your local magazine rack and buy it....it should hit the rack in a day or two.

I see that other sites have mentioned the "upcoming story" for the past week or so.

Well, it is finally here, and is a great read!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hmmm...

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They're making music. They're touring. Does it really matter why? The important thing is that they are!!!
    (Please note the proper use of the word they're and proper placement of apostrophes......LOL!)
    Let's all just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Group Hug!
    "Why behave in public if you're livin' on a playground?"

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferM View Post
    They're making music. They're touring. Does it really matter why? The important thing is that they are!!!
    (Please note the proper use of the word they're and proper placement of apostrophes......LOL!)
    Let's all just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Group Hug!
    pants on, danno
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh STFU

Oh dear.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensible Shoes View Post
    Oh STFU

XOXOXO
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensible Shoes View Post
    Oh STFU
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    We have been hearing for some time how much of a driving force Wolfy has been in the band for the past 6 years.

He has been MUCH MORE of a driving force than any of us realized!

Wolfy, if you ever read this, I gotta hand it to ya. Thanks a million times over for all you do!

And yet ---- nobody in the world has heard even one original line of music from the kid genius ---- but his Daddy already composed 50+ killer rock tunes at the same age.

Some of you are slurping on Wolfie's sack a little too long and hard ---- unhinge thy lips and breathe some reality for once!

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMKID View Post
    And yet ---- nobody in the world has heard even one original line of music from the kid genius ---- but his Daddy already composed 50+ killer rock tunes at the same age.

Some of you are slurping on Wolfie's sack a little too long and hard ---- unhinge thy lips and breathe some reality for once!
    Seriously. STFU...
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Please report to the Sheep Pen... By an overwhelming landslide you've just been voted Larg Pissy Bitch of the Month!!

Go put your big girl panties on and go redeem your prize...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Please report to the Sheep Pen... By an overwhelming landslide you've just been voted Larg Pissy Bitch of the Month!!

I'm redeemed by the fact I still have a very high bar when it comes to labeling people "musical geniuses".

Dave and Eddie met that bar early in their career ---- Wolfie is still huffing and puffing towards it.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm redeemed by the fact I still have a very high bar when it comes to labeling people "musical geniuses".

Dave and Eddie met that bar early in their career ---- Wolfie is still huffing and puffing towards it.
    LOL! well the kid has lost some weight. You don't do that without huffing and puffing.

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post

We Need Some NEW Summer Blood In The Sheep Pen.I Have Some New Knifes.
    Last edited by Dan; 06-20-2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: First day Of Summer Peeps
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Agree with all who said it before...you need to STFU with that already.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Am getting mixed up with the threads didnt you say this in another thread .... actually most of the other threads .
    fuck your fucking framing

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

You are a pisser. He came up with the new breakdown in She's The Woman that sent his Dad for a loop trying to figure out how to solo over it. I'm still not sure why your lobbying for original written music. Can you burn me a copy of Mike's solo project? Oh, that's right. It doesn't, can't and won't ever exist because he doesn't write. Nobody's holding that against him. He's a great bass player.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    You are a pisser. He came up with the new breakdown in She's The Woman that sent his Dad for a loop trying to figure out how to solo over it. I'm still not sure why your lobbying for original written music. Can you burn me a copy of Mike's solo project? Oh, that's right. It doesn't, can't and won't ever exist because he doesn't write. Nobody's holding that against him. He's a great bass player.

So Wolfie comes up with a new breakdown in a song that STILL sounds 90% the same of the original demo ---- and suddenly he's a musical genius wiping away anything Mike accomplished with 30 yrs. of VH ??

Keep polishing that "Wolfgang Nutsack Nuzzlers" membership card ---- it's one of your prized possessions.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So Wolfie comes up with a new breakdown in a song that STILL sounds 90% the same of the original demo ---- and suddenly he's a musical genius wiping away anything Mike accomplished with 30 yrs. of VH ??

Keep polishing that "Wolfgang Nutsack Nuzzlers" membership card ---- it's one of your prized possessions.

A. Never called him a musical genius.
    B. Respond to my request for Mike's original music.
    C. Do you play any instruments?
    D. This just in- You hold the record for most STFU's in a thread. Hats off!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Um... just asking...but... What did Bassplayer accomplish besides hitting high notes and playing bass? He got equal credit & $, yet he never wrote lyrics or music. What has he accomplished ? hot sauce and his bff is Red Bette?

Why compare Wolfie to his Dad????? Wolfie is the FIRE ignited to making this band what it is today, whether he ever writes a lyric or music even if he has Eddie's DNA. If it weren't for Wolfie...Ed may not be alive (as Ed said), and we wouldn't have Dave back.

And yeah.... I put the kid on a pedestal.
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bantonelli View Post
    Wolfie is the FIRE ignited to making this band what it is today, whether he ever writes a lyric or music even if he has Eddie's DNA. If it weren't for Wolfie...Ed may not be alive (as Ed said), and we wouldn't have Dave back.

You drinking WAY too much of the Wolfie Kool-Aid !!

I'm not buying this "Wolfie saved Van Halen" delusion being foisted on us by a gushing father. Eddie looked in the mirror about 6 or 7 years ago and said to himself --- "Shit, I'm getting old and my bank account isn't getting fatter because I pissed away most of my money on booze and ciggs. I gotta think about a retirement fund so I wont be playing county fairs and ribfests when I'm 70 yrs. old. Hey I know --- I'll call up Dave and see what my old buddy is up to."

That's the REAL motivation behind getting Dave back. But of course --- you can't say that to a fanbase that will criticize another cash grab from an aging rock act. So Ed and Alex put themselves into spin mode and voila ---- "Wolfie saved this band". It's as easy to understand as that.

When Wolf starts his own band and creates music that is jaw-dropping good ---- I will shut my piehole and all of you can say "I told ya so". I doubt that day will ever come.

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I have always wondered about guys like you, with reactions like yours....

First, why is that when someone posts something you, no official source of any kind, immediatly has homosexual thoughts? I mean, we are talking about Van halen, and the first reaction, the first thought that immediatly pops up in your head, is having another man's cock, or balls, in someone else's mouth. If you are homosexual and have previously announced it here, I may have missed it, so my apologies if i didn't see your post. I pretty much have figured guys like you out. You react like this because you have an obvious inferiority complex. Perhaps you are very short, unattracive, or most probably unsuccessful in life and career. Most other stable, heterosexual guys that I know have no problem with varying opinions. So I think we have concluded by your remarks that you lack confidence, self worth, security, and most likely have supressed homosexual fantasies. Wolfie's penis or nutsack have never crossed my mind, yet they seem to be right on the tip of your tongue, no? Incidentally, I'm pretty sure the other poster was talking about Wolfie's influence in getting the band back together, and being a vocal leader is helping pull everyone together. These are admirable qualities for a young man, living in the shadow of duel greatness. But while the rest of us normal, stable, straight people admire this young man's tenacity, you decide to focus on his genitals and lack of platinum albums at 21 years old. But hey, whatever is your bag, man. I prefer chicks with boobs and vaginas myself. But I shouldn't judge. I suppose some guys are into 21 year cock and balls.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by robg8888 View Post
    But hey, whatever is your bag, man. I prefer chicks with boobs and vaginas myself...
    Be very careful with generalizations. Remember, just because a person happens to have breasts and a vagina does not necessarily immediately make that person a woman.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Jesus Christ buddy. That horse is dead...stop fucking beating it!
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    According to someone at the Links, this is part of that interview:

Wolfgang was the one who put the song structure of Stay Frosty together... Took the song from Dave and added the other sections...

And now you know the rest of the story. Get on that fucking horse and ride away....

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Wolfgang was the one who put the song structure of Stay Frosty together... Took the song from Dave and added the other sections...

And now you know the rest of the story. Get on that fucking horse and ride away....

So the kid takes the song from Dave and dabbles in a few ideas and the song comes out sounding a lot like "Ice Cream Man Part 2" ---- for this you call him a musical genius?

You are easily impressed ---- are you a Van Haggis fan ?

Swedish Love Pump ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So the kid takes the song from Dave and dabbles in a few ideas and the song comes out sounding a lot like "Ice Cream Man Part 2" ---- for this you call him a musical genius?

You are easily impressed ---- are you a Van Haggis fan ?
    I really agree with you. I am not impressed by Valerie Jr at all.
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by envy_me View Post
    I really agree with you. I am not impressed by Valerie Jr at all.
    Are you an admitted musical illiterate like him too?

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm going to have to agree on this one...

STFU!
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    For the last fucking time Bridge and forthcoming it's YOU'RE not YOUR. I can't read that shit even if I agree with it when there's the same CONSTANT mistake made throughout these threads by you two. Sorry I had to say it. Been shitting me for months.
    Last edited by Yount; 06-20-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: I'm a cunt I know.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Yount View Post
    For the last fucking time Bridge and forthcoming it's YOU'RE not YOUR. I can't read that shit even if I agree with it when there's the same CONSTANT mistake made throughout these threads by you two. Sorry I had to say it. Been shitting me for months.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And to think my Mom and brother are English teachers. Don't you mean 'by you's two'? Kidding. Keep you're (ha!) shirt on smart ass!

someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    And to think my Mom and brother are English teachers. Don't you mean 'by you's two'? Kidding. Keep you're (ha!) shirt on smart ass!
    Better now than when you send your first memoirs for editing.
    Last edited by Yount; 06-20-2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: No doubt you'll all be scanning my posts for mistakes.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    your so right, man! let it all out!

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh yeah and my opinion?

Van Halen is in the now. Be grateful. Dave is in and VH are playing shows to back up a great album. Savour it boys and girls. They'll never come again, the mighty VH.

someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    x2 .
    Last edited by Yount; 06-20-2012 at 01:09 PM.

someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Truth beers

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    With Wolf in the band it gives the rhythm section a boost that I never heard with Mike. I'm not saying it wasn't good with Mike, just not as aggressive or solid. Like China Town with Mike would not have been near as good, if happen at all. I'm very impressed with what Wolfgang has brought to this band, regardless of songwriting or length of time in the band. The guys only been playing 7 years or so and is at a level of keeping up with Alex Van Halen, and that's impressive.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vanshipman View Post
    With Wolf in the band it gives the rhythm section a boost that I never heard with Mike. I'm not saying it wasn't good with Mike, just not as aggressive or solid. Like China Town with Mike would not have been near as good, if happen at all. I'm very impressed with what Wolfgang has brought to this band, regardless of songwriting or length of time in the band. The guys only been playing 7 years or so and is at a level of keeping up with Alex Van Halen, and that's impressive.
    That's THE GUY'S or THE GUY HAS. Don't piss Yount off! He's an apostrophe headhunter!

I agree by the way.

Thread Information