Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guitar World Comes Through Again! Awesome VH Cover Story In New Issue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has one of you wiseguys such a thing and is aware how to use it? thankyaverymuch...

Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra View Post
      I think this thread needs some...

"I'll have girls Number 2, 4 & 5 Dave, and a Tall Cold Wernesgruner to go"!

Comment

Some one needs to teach TJMKID a lesson

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel View Post
          "I'll have girls Number 2, 4 & 5 Dave, and a Tall Cold Wernesgruner to go"!
          deal...

Roth Army Icon

Comment

Originally posted by TJMKID View Post
            You drinking WAY too much of the Wolfie Kool-Aid !!

I'm not buying this "Wolfie saved Van Halen" delusion being foisted on us by a gushing father. Eddie looked in the mirror about 6 or 7 years ago and said to himself --- "Shit, I'm getting old and my bank account isn't getting fatter because I pissed away most of my money on booze and ciggs. I gotta think about a retirement fund so I wont be playing county fairs and ribfests when I'm 70 yrs. old. Hey I know --- I'll call up Dave and see what my old buddy is up to."

That's the REAL motivation behind getting Dave back. But of course --- you can't say that to a fanbase that will criticize another cash grab from an aging rock act. So Ed and Alex put themselves into spin mode and voila ---- "Wolfie saved this band". It's as easy to understand as that.

When Wolf starts his own band and creates music that is jaw-dropping good ---- I will shut my piehole and all of you can say "I told ya so". I doubt that day will ever come.
            I'll tell you what day has come, pal...and that's the day for you to shut your motherfucking mouth!! That day is TODAY!
            I've read in one of the other threads you've wrecked with this bullshit, where you refer to us as "pretenders"....you need to pump your fucking brakes and slow your role.
            Many of us have been here on this board for 13 long goddamn years, and many of us have fought for 22 long fucking years for Dave to be the captain of the Van Halen plane again. So there was a casualty with losing Mikey....bands being the fragile units that they are, shit happens. Nothing's EVER going to be as good as we want it to be. David Lee Roth is back to being the lead singer of Van Halen, so we feel that we accomplished our mission. We have absolutely no control of anything beyond that, but that's alright....at least we made ourselves heard.
            If you buy a Van Halen disc, it better rock. (and it does). If we buy a concert ticket, it better be a kickass show (and it is).
            You want to know something? Beyond that....the band doesn't owe you, me, or anyone else a goddamned thing!!
            Ed was a motherfucking pitiful mess just waiting to die if his son and David Lee Roth didn't intervene, wake him up, and put him back on track. Now they have an awesome record, they're back onstage doing shows for us, and Ed has never played better, or been so alive....
            And YOU want to shit on that because everything's not up to YOUR specifications? FUCK YOU!!!

I, for one, am grateful they're still around (and I doubt I'm alone on that), and if you want to continue being obsessed with shit that doesn't really fucking matter, that's your decision. Don't be surprised when everyone else kicks your ass on a daily basis.

I'm almost certain that Chickenshit has a website, so either dig it...or GET THE FUCK ON!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hambon4lif View Post
              I'll tell you what day has come, pal...and that's the day for you to shut your motherfucking mouth!! That day is TODAY!
              I've read in one of the other threads you've wrecked with this bullshit, where you refer to us as "pretenders"....you need to pump your fucking brakes and slow your role.
              Many of us have been here on this board for 13 long goddamn years, and many of us have fought for 22 long fucking years for Dave to be the captain of the Van Halen plane again. So there was a casualty with losing Mikey....bands being the fragile units that they are, shit happens. Nothing's EVER going to be as good as we want it to be. David Lee Roth is back to being the lead singer of Van Halen, so we feel that we accomplished our mission. We have absolutely no control of anything beyond that, but that's alright....at least we made ourselves heard.
              If you buy a Van Halen disc, it better rock. (and it does). If we buy a concert ticket, it better be a kickass show (and it is).
              You want to know something? Beyond that....the band doesn't owe you, me, or anyone else a goddamned thing!!
              Ed was a motherfucking pitiful mess just waiting to die if his son and David Lee Roth didn't intervene, wake him up, and put him back on track. Now they have an awesome record, they're back onstage doing shows for us, and Ed has never played better, or been so alive....
              And YOU want to shit on that because everything's not up to YOUR specifications? FUCK YOU!!!

I, for one, am grateful they're still around (and I doubt I'm alone on that), and if you want to continue being obsessed with shit that doesn't really fucking matter, that's your decision. Don't be surprised when everyone else kicks your ass on a daily basis.

I'm almost certain that Chickenshit has a website, so either dig it...or GET THE FUCK ON!!!
              may I sum it up?

Roth Army Icon

Comment

may I sum it up?

Absolutely! I'm one of the ones that couldn't wait for that damn thing to be lit!

It just overwhelms me that in 2012, I'd be blasting a Roth-led Van Halen album on my stereo, and attending a show to see Dave and Ed kicking ass onstage. That just trips me the fuck out!

In 2006, I had $100 on Eddie being in the dead pool that year, for fucks sake!! I had no idea that Dave or Wolf would come and save his life. (Sam sure the fuck wasn't going to do it). It's the one time that I'm actually thankful that I lost money.......

Look and listen to every guitar-solo clip from every date of this tour....you can't find a bad one. He's fucking laying it down!!

It baffles me that some twisted fucking moron out there would have the audacity to bitch about that.....
                Last edited by hambon4lif; 06-20-2012, 07:56 PM.

Comment

may I sum it up?

Love it
                  fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Amen

Comment

WOW --- YOU ARE ONE RAMBLING, CLUELESS CUMSTAIN !!!!

My posts have nothing to do with wanting Mikey back in the band --- and I'm happier than shit that Dave is back onstage with Eddie. I already saw 2 shows and wanna see more, dippy.

If you had any capacity for reading English and interpretation --- you would easily see that my problem involves too many people in here nuzzling up to Wolfie's sack and slurping away --- even though the "kid genius" has yet to write a single line of music --- or at least anything we can call really good.

Wolf gets credit for helping his Dad stay sober --- but lots of caring kids do that every day for recovering alcoholics. Wolf deserves a slap on the back for that support --- but that's a totally different animal than labeling him the "Savior of Van Halen". Does your little pea brain even grasp my thesis, bub?

I keep restating my point because some of you still ride the short bus to work ---- show me when Wolf can compose really great music on his own just like his Papa did 35 years ago --- and I will be the first in line to crown his ass !!

Comment

Look and listen to every guitar-solo clip from every date of this tour....you can't find a bad one. He's fucking laying it down!!

It baffles me that some twisted fucking moron out there would have the audacity to bitch about that.....

When did I ever complain about an Eddie guitar solo or Dave being onstage again with VH, shitbird ??

You need to retake remedial English, bub --- my problem is with you Wolfie Nutsack Nuzzlers --- you're getting drunk off that kid's testicle sweat !!

Comment

Originally posted by TJMKID View Post
                          WOW --- YOU ARE ONE RAMBLING, CLUELESS CUMSTAIN !!!!

My posts have nothing to do with wanting Mikey back in the band --- and I'm happier than shit that Dave is back onstage with Eddie. I already saw 2 shows and wanna see more, dippy.

If you had any capacity for reading English and interpretation --- you would easily see that my problem involves too many people in here nuzzling up to Wolfie's sack and slurping away --- even though the "kid genius" has yet to write a single line of music --- or at least anything we can call really good.

Wolf gets credit for helping his Dad stay sober --- but lots of caring kids do that every day for recovering alcoholics. Wolf deserves a slap on the back for that support --- but that's a totally different animal than labeling him the "Savior of Van Halen". Does your little pea brain even grasp my thesis, bub?

I keep restating my point because some of you still ride the short bus to work ---- show me when Wolf can compose really great music on his own just like his Papa did 35 years ago --- and I will be the first in line to crown his ass !!

You are the epitome of passive aggressive!! I think what we are praising here are Wolf's proven leadership abilities, which cannot be denied.

If you think Ed is doing this to make money then you are also delusional, and I'm guessing you're probably not a parent.

Yes, children of alcoholics often become strong leaders due to their history and experience.

To be honest, whether or not someone can write or not is not indicative of their talent as a musician, it simply shows their talent as a composer. Frankly, I don't give a shit if he can write or not. The songs from ADKOT that we know he was involved in have already been pointed out to you, yet you choose to ignore those tidbits.

Take your passive-aggressive game elsewhere, we're all obviously tired of your shit in every fucking thread.

Fuckin' gundercunt
                          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Of all the tunes on ADKOT to transcribe, why the fuck did GW pick Tattoo ?
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Feelin' a lot of love in this forum tonight, I say....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

"I see us doing this for a long, long time."
                                I felt really good until I read that part. Pardon the cynicism developed over all of these years, but that line sounds uncomfortably like "He's my soul mate" and the "These guys get it" line used every so often whenever Ed switches guitar companies.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...
                                X