• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • envy_me
    Swedish Love Pump
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by gbranton
    We have a tradition here in America, that dates back to the beginnings of our nation. The potential bride to be is supposed to email pictures of herself to the potential groom.
    Lol, no i was talking about Europe :-) when did you start liking them? Have you ever seen them live? Were you at the old message board? VH-fans are gonna piss their pants now, but have you ever been to a convention?
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• gbranton
      Veteran
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by envy_me
      Lol, no i was talking about Europe :-) when did you start liking them? Have you ever seen them live? Were you at the old message board? VH-fans are gonna piss their pants now, but have you ever been to a convention?
      I liked them a bit back in the day, but I was more into LAGuns, Cinderella, Tesla and Ratt. I bought The Final Countdown as a new release, though I didn't like the title track as much but I thought it had a few bright spots. I bought the next two albums and liked them much better, then they sort of split up and I didn't hear anything else from them until 2006, when Start From the Dark came out. Since then I have been more into them than ever before and they have become one if my favorite bands. I think the albums they have made since 2006 are far and away the best stuff they have ever done and some of the best music released by ANY band during that time frame. I LOVE their new sound, much harder and more agressive but with strong melodies and some tasty riffs from John Norum.

I have never seen them live, nor have I been to a convention, but I am holding out hope that the current tour will bring them to the States.

I was at the old message board and was disappointed that the band shut it down.

And by the way, I was just picking on you, I am already happily marred to a wonderful, lovely woman.
      Last edited by gbranton; 07-07-2012, 02:48 AM.
      "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• envy_me
        Swedish Love Pump
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Dec 2010

I liked them a bit back in the day, but I was more into LAGuns, Cinderella, Tesla and Ratt. I bought The Final Countdown as a new release, though I didn't like the title track as much but I thought it had a few bright spots. I bought the next two albums and liked them much better, then they sort of split up and I didn't hear anything else from them until 2006, when Start From the Dark came out. Since then I have been more into them than ever before and they have become one if my favorite bands. I think the albums they have made since 2006 are far and away the best stuff they have ever done and some of the best music released by ANY band during that time frame. I LOVE their new sound, much harder and more agressive but with strong melodies and some tasty riffs from John Norum.

I have never seen them live, nor have I been to a convention, but I am holding out hope that the current tour will bring them to the States.

I was at the old message board and was disappointed that the band shut it down.

And by the way, I was just picking on you, I am already happily marred to a wonderful, lovely woman.

I actually came to this board after that one closed. A real shame it closed, I've made some wonderful friends there. Stein has one now, but it's a bit slow.
        I have been to one convention back when they just reunited. The last 2 albums are the best by far :-)

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

The last 2 albums are the best by far :-)
          I know from the old board that some people were a little down on Secret Society (not when it first came out though), but I LOVED it! It is very different than Last Look At Eden and Bag of Bones (much harder edge), but tracks like Let the Children Play are as good as anything they've done.
          Last edited by gbranton; 07-07-2012, 03:05 AM.
          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• envy_me
            Swedish Love Pump
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Dec 2010

I know from the old board that some people were a little down on Secret Society (not when it first came out though), but I LOVED it! It is very different than Last Look At Eden and Bag of Bones (much harder edge), but tracks like Let the Children Play are as good as anything they've done.
            I was one of those that don't like Secret Society. But I told that from day one. There are couple of good songs, it was the sound that was mostly my problem. Those songs sound completely different live. It felt like their goal was to sound modern and fresh, no matter what, no matter how badly it sounded as long as it's modern.
            But then LLAE came out and it was the best album ever!

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

I doubt that there are many people who have fallen in love over Europe, so we're witnessing something special here....
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• envy_me
                Swedish Love Pump
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by binnie
                I doubt that there are many people who have fallen in love over Europe, so we're witnessing something special here....
                LMAO Europe are great, more people should fall in love over them if you haven't heard it, listen to the whole album Last Look at Eden.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                  ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I am having a nice english cup of tea.There is an art to making a good cup of tea

Skip to about 45 seconds in for instructions
                  Last edited by Dave's Bitch; 07-07-2012, 04:47 AM.
                  I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                  Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

I'm about to kill myself via a poutine induced heart-attack. Living dangerously and frying the fries in lard. Add the gravy and cheese curds...well, marble cheese, don't have any curds...

If you don't hear from me...check the cardiac ward.
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• VAiN
                      Use my hand, I won't look
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Just took down a fantastic club sandwich with a side of chili. I love club sandwiches. It's like a sickness.
                      Originally posted by wiseguy
                      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• envy_me
                        Swedish Love Pump
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by VAiN
                        Just took down a fantastic club sandwich with a side of chili. I love club sandwiches. It's like a sickness.

That looks fantastic.

Comment

• envy_me
                          Swedish Love Pump
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Dec 2010

Yesterday I made some fantasic veggie bolognese. It was great! Note and write down

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Yesterday I made some fantasic veggie bolognese. It was great! Note and write down
                            Don't write this down, but you can quote me..I ate at, The ChickFlahs, today ...in honor of all you, Homos.

The sandwich was a basic, Flah (no vegetables) and I removed the pickle, cant do drive thru pickles.

I also had a chocolate sunday, like I like my women,.. ice cold mixed up smooth by the time I get her home, tasty,.... but way to expensive for the amount of sugary goodness.

Uhn Huh uhhu uhn nhu huhuhuhhuuh
                            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Well, hell, did you like the sandwich or not? See, it's not a patty.
                              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                                Full Member Status

• May 2010

Oh yeah good stuff, I haven't had once since the big scandle broke about a month ago.

Not once did I think or concern myself as to wether or not my perticular chicken samdwich was gay.
                                2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                                clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

Working...