• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • envy_me
    Swedish Love Pump
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Dec 2010

There is something missing in the stage act

I have seen some of the clips from the latest tour, and I can't help but feeling that there is something missing.

I am NOT talking about musical part of it. No, no, I am more then happy with that.
    I am talking about one small part of Daves stage performance. Don't get me wrong and jump to conclusions before reading the whole post.
    Dave was one of the things that really made VH stand out among the ocean of bands.

Back in the 80-ies it was oozing sex, those moves, flirtation, when I watch those old videos I just feel like I wanna swallow him whole (not in a bath-salt kind of way)

Nowdays it's still amazing and great and correctly done, even miles above correct, and he is funny and witty as always, but I am missing the uuummm-factor.

So, I would like for him to make that happend again. I don't know how it's done, or what it really is, but whatever he was doing back then, just repeat it.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by envy_me; 06-30-2012, 12:46 PM.
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.
  • guwapo_rocker
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

He pays the senior fare on public transit now, be happy he can still blow away any other lead singer on the planet!
    WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

What's missing is 30 year he ain't the same as he was in the 80's who is
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• envy_me
        Swedish Love Pump
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Dec 2010

I know he is older, but he is very attractive. He could pull it off, I KNOW he can!!

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Let's see...

You're age says 29

Report back to this thread when it says 59

Comment

• envy_me
            Swedish Love Pump
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Let's see...

You're age says 29

Report back to this thread when it says 59

In Daves case, age has nothing to do with it. Hi is at 56 more acrobatic and physically active then I ever was or ever will be.

That is why I am writing this, I am NOT critisizing, if I didn't think he could pull it off again, I would never write this. But he can.

If we were talking about for example Vince Neil I would never start this thread. He's older, fatter, he's never gonna be what he once was. But not Dave, he is still fucking awesome. In his case, the cliche is correct, age doesn't matter.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

But even Dave says he's a completely different person than he was then, and that was my point. Not just physical ability...

Comment

• envy_me
                Swedish Love Pump
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ELVIS
                But even Dave says he's a completely different person than he was then, and that was my point. Not just physical ability...
                It would be interesting to know what exactly has changed.

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by envy_me
                  I think it's a greater appreciation of what the VH legacy means coupled with a humbling/wisdom that comes with age and living an amazing life..
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Apr 2005

Well come on he is old(ER). He isnt going to jump from the drum riser anymore ! Why do you think he has his little dance floor. Dave loves to move on stage. His hips still work. But the floor is there for his feet to move with the music. For me he overdoes it to much, but that's Dave. He does what he wants and thinks about it later ! I bet his body is beat to shit in many ways after all those years of jumping and running around.

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                      Well come on he is old(ER). He isnt going to jump from the drum riser anymore ! Why do you think he has his little dance floor. Dave loves to move on stage. His hips still work. But the floor is there for his feet to move with the music. For me he overdoes it to much, but that's Dave. He does what he wants and thinks about it later ! I bet his body is beat to shit in many ways after all those years of jumping and running around.
                      I don't care if he jumps off of the drum, or does a split. I am talking about the attitude, the gestures, manner, facial expressions. He used to act like a sex god, now he remindes me of a kid. Sort of, I don't know... This subject is really hard to define. It's just a feeling I guess...

Comment

• SunisinuS
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • May 2010

I don't care if he jumps off of the drum, or does a split. I am talking about the attitude, the gestures, manner, facial expressions. He used to act like a sex god, now he remindes me of a kid. Sort of, I don't know... This subject is really hard to define. It's just a feeling I guess...

Lol you just want him to take his shirt off.....and do more *winking* instead of shimmying.

Boom Fixed.
                        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• envy_me
                          Swedish Love Pump
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                          Lol you just want him to take his shirt off.....and do more *winking* instead of shimmying.

Boom Fixed.
                          I guess it wasn't so hard to define after all LOL

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

A 57 year old acting 'sexy' comes off as creepy and not too cool. Personally, I love Dave's child-like enthusiasm towards VH and performance. He's the happiest guy in the building and it's awesome to be there too.
                            If you want sexy Dave, and im not bring shitty here, watch your bootlegs. I'm loving 2012 Dave.
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Dang...

I thanked VA twice in a row...

Comment

Working...