Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,401 Times in 6,056 Posts

Egyptians pelt Clinton with tomatoes, and chant ‘Monica’

http://www.rt.com/news/clinton-egypt...mbardment-243/

Egyptians pelt Clinton with tomatoes, chant ‘Monica’

Published: 16 July, 2012, 11:56
    Edited: 16 July, 2012, 15:27

Hillary Clinton has been welcomed in Egypt by locals greeting her motorcade with tomatoes, shoes and water bottles. Rallying protesters showed awareness with US domestic policy history, chanting “Monica, Monica”.

The two-day visit by the US secretary of state to Egypt ended in scandal when the convoy she was driving in from the newly-opened American consulate in the Mediterranean port of Alexandria was attacked by local citizens chanting anti-American slogans.
    The protesting crowds hailed the motorcade with vegetables and other objects, reportedly hitting one of the Egyptian officials in the convoy in the face. The American armored motorcade suffered only superficial damage while Hillary Clinton’s car remained intact.

There have been reports of the protesters chanting "Leave, Clinton” and "Monica, Monica," presumably referring to the scandal with the secretary’s husband, former US President Bill Clinton’s extra-marital affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.
    The protesters were holding banners in Arabic and English, accusing the US of interfering into Egypt’s internal affairs.

The protests against Clinton’s visit to Egypt started on Saturday when the US secretary of state met with Egypt's new President Mohammed Morsi, an Islamist protégée of the Muslim Brotherhood. Demonstrators surrounded Clinton’s hotel later on Saturday, chanting anti-Islamist slogans and putting the blame on Washington for the Islamists’ rise to power and victory in the country’s presidential elections.

Many of the protesters accused Mohammed Morsi of "selling out" to Washington.
    “I want to tell the Americans who are supporting democracy that we don't have any democracy in Egypt,” one demonstrator, Ahmed Abdel Alim, told AP. “Egyptians of all sects – Muslims,
    Christians and minorities – do not have any rights in this country.”

During her visit to Egypt, the US Secretary of State also met with Field Marshal Mohamed Hussein Tantawi, the head of the military council of Egypt that currently holds power in the country.

Clinton urged the Egyptian military to transfer power in full to the newly-elected president, who was sworn in two weeks ago.

Still, just hours after the meeting with Clinton, the head of the Egyptian military took a hard line on Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood on Sunday, stating he is against Islamist fundamentalists dominating the country’s political landscape.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Maybe we should mind our own business and stop trying to control the world...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. 3 users say thank you to ELVIS for this KICKASS post:

Dr. Love (07-16-2012),gbranton (07-16-2012),LoungeMachine (07-17-2012)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,582 Times in 3,461 Posts

There have been reports of the protesters chanting "Leave, Clinton” and "Monica, Monica," presumably referring to the scandal with the secretary’s husband, former US President Bill Clinton’s extra-marital affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.
    So were they telling her to leave Egypt or to leave her cheatin' hubby?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The former I think.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-19-2024 @ 03:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    It was Bill that was chanting Monica oh Monica first.

Water bottles? Water is damn expensive in Egypt. At least in the tourist traps it is and when you go in the summer they know they have you. You can drink liter after liter and never piss. It's the hottest damn place I have ever been.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Wait until Hillary goes to Mexico. Sammy Hagar will rush her car and start peddling cheap tequila banning on the windows to get her attention.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    It was Bill that was chanting Monica oh Monica first.

Water bottles? Water is damn expensive in Egypt. At least in the tourist traps it is and when you go in the summer they know they have you. You can drink liter after liter and never piss. It's the hottest damn place I have ever been.
    Yeah I nearly killed myself there by drinking a bottle of vodka and then getting up early in the morning and going on a trip into the Sahara desert with a small half liter water bottle.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Yeah I nearly killed myself there by drinking a bottle of vodka and then getting up early in the morning and going on a trip into the Sahara desert with a small half liter water bottle.
    I spent a lot of time in the southern Utah desert because my grandmother lived down there. She would keep plastic jugs of frozen water in the freezer and in the morning you got your gallon jug and headed for the farm for a days work. Egypt made that desert living look like child's play. Egypt in summer is like being in a dehydrator oven and you are fighting to keep from being turned into a little raisin. I remember one of the locals saying without water on a hot day you can end up dead in five hours there. I remember being in the Sinai and seeing some bedouins on camels coming up over a hill right in the middle of the sweltering heat. They wear all black clothes too. I guess because they are 100% cotton and loose fitting they are still comfortable.

Yeah vodka would dehydrate you and you would sweat out that half liter of water in no time flat. I used to be a volunteer ski patrolman and would run into people dehydrated from drinking too much booze on the ski hill. The worst thing you can do if you are cold is to drink booze to warm yourself up. A hydrated body is a warm body and you can actually go into hypothermia drunk and not know it. Drinking in the heat is bad as you know. I was on vacation in Mexico and one of my friends was paranoid about drinking the water. I just went to the grocery store and bought a gallon of purified drinking water and he didn't trust that. He just drank beer and being on the beach and drinking beer he went into dehydration shock on the beach. I ran to the store and bought some Gatorade and had him sip on that and that brought him back. I thought i was going to have to get medical help to IV him.

Whenever I'm in a barren hell zone, this song always pops into my mind.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 07-17-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

I haven't been to Egypt or the Sahara yet, but that fucking desert in eastern Utah off I-70 is about the most lifeless Hellscape I've ever seen.

I prefer my deserts with a little bit of life in them, even if it is cactus, scorpions, and rattlesnakes in Arizona. Or sagebrush and rattlesnakes in eastern Washington. Oddly enough, the wasteland in those areas is more in the politics than it is in the land itself.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    It's not wasteland...

Sent from your moms junky droid...

Thread Information