I Don’t Wanna Hear About It Later (Van Halen and the Importance of the Horse’s Mouth)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hambon4lif
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    The crazy people line?

If you don't suspect Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh of being crazy you haven't been paying attention.
    Both of them are a psychiatrists wet fuckin' dream.

That's not the point.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's not an album review, the guy is writing about PR and Web Marketing. Look at his other articles on the Blog listed to the right.

I think the real bad bit about the article is where he says his favorite Van Halen song is 5150.

Comment

• gbranton
        Veteran
        • Aug 2005

The crazy people line?

If you don't suspect Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh of being crazy you haven't been paying attention.
        And the line about Dan Rather. He got fired because he ran with a bullshit story.

Limbaugh isn't crazy, nor is he a true conservative, he's just an entertainer who carries water for the Republican establishment.

Sarah Palin was relevant for about five minutes........those five minutes were quite a while ago. I get a fucking kick out of tards railing on about her. She doesn't matter. At least the other side doesn't keep fucking on and on and ON about self important, windbag, asshat, liberal retard douchebags like Kerry and Edwards, both of whom could keep any jokewriter busy.
        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• hambon4lif
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

It's not an album review, the guy is writing about PR and Web Marketing.
          Well, then maybe he should stick to writing about that kind of shit. Trying to juxtapose Van Halen with his own political beliefs turned out to be a tremendous FAIL.

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
            AAt least the other side doesn't keep fucking on and on and ON about self important, windbag, asshat, liberal retard douchebags like Kerry and Edwards, both of whom could keep any jokewriter busy.

Besides Edwards being in the news for being on trial, neither of them has been still trying to foist themselves on the world daily like Moosealini.
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• gbranton
              Veteran
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by jhale667
              Besides Edwards being in the news for being on trial, neither of them has been still trying to foist themselves on the world daily like Moosealini.
              LOL, Moosealini makes her sound unattractive. But seriously, she's just another talking head that pops up on the Fox Propaganda Channel from time to time, for Christ's sake her reality show isn't even in the air anymore.
              "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And the line about Dan Rather. He got fired because he ran with a bullshit story.
                No, the story was real. He just happened to get a false document (likely forged by KKKarl Rove) but Chimpy's desertion from the National Guard is a fact.

Limbaugh isn't crazy, nor is he a true conservative, he's just an entertainer who carries water for the Republican establishment.
                He's a drug addled lunatic who preaches his rants from a pool cabana-turned-bunker behind his mansion, because he won't even leave his house to work in a radio station. And he THINKS he runs the Republican party, and given the number of Republicans who have backpedaled on something when Rush called them out for not being extremist enough on any given issue, they apparently think so to. Hell, if the Democrats listened to Thom Hartmann or Mike Malloy like that, we might have a Senate Majority Leader with a goddamned spine.

Sarah Palin was relevant for about five minutes........those five minutes were quite a while ago. I get a fucking kick out of tards railing on about her. She doesn't matter. At least the other side doesn't keep fucking on and on and ON about self important, windbag, asshat, liberal retard douchebags like Kerry and Edwards, both of whom could keep any jokewriter busy.
                Except for Chimp appointed federal prosecutors who waste millions of taxpayer dollars taking Edwards to court on complete bullshit charges, you mean? Now THAT's what I call an obsession.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

LOL, Moosealini makes her sound unattractive.

So does her voice...it could be bottled and sold under the name "boner kill".
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

You see what you've gone and done?!? Now you've got FORD goin' . Thanks a whole fuckin' lot, Josh Valentine....ya' dick!

Van Halen and politics mix like oil and water.

"We are very aware of the world going on around us, but when you have all these cute chiquitas running around backstage in their halter tops, it's kinda hard to think about things like nuclear proliferation"
                    -DLR

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Speaking of chiquitas....

Fuck it, I think at this point THIS thread could use some Olivia Munn.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• TJMKID
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

Palin is a joke on many levels --- I just wish these Tea Party cunts would shut up already about her running for President.

SHE QUIT AS GOVERNOR OF ALASKA --- couldn't even finish one term because the stress got to her --- how does that even remotely qualify her for the most stressful job in America ??

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Goddammit!!! I found the perfect Sarah Palin picture and I can't post it 'cause this is the Main...Anybody who says they wouldn't tap the chick in this picture is full of it...
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                            Goddammit!!! I found the perfect Sarah Palin picture and I can't post it 'cause this is the Main...Anybody who says they wouldn't tap the chick in this picture is full of it...
                            If it's the picture I'm thinking of, then it's no more PG-13 rated than the Olivia Munn pic above. Though after looking at THAT pic, who the Hell wants to see Moosealini.....(even 80's Moosealini, back when she looked like a chick that I swear I met somewhere, but never set foot in Alaska.......)

(If she's more naked than that, odds are it's probably a photoshop)
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                              If it's the picture I'm thinking of, then it's no more PG-13 rated than the Olivia Munn pic above. Though after looking at THAT pic, who the Hell wants to see Moosealini.....(even 80's Moosealini, back when she looked like a chick that I swear I met somewhere, but never set foot in Alaska.......)

(If she's more naked than that, odds are it's probably a photoshop)
                              Well of course it's fake! But damn if it's not a good one...Alaskan poontang anyone?
                              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• VHscraps
                                Veteran
                                • Jul 2009

Yes, I also noticed the 5150 is his favourite "Van Halen" song tag at the end.

I hate to be a nitpicker, but if he is gonna write about the changing nature of publicity and the band not using the mainstream media he needs to do his homework. Ed's Esquire interview was not the only interview done by the band, or members of the band, in mainstream media.

Diamond Dave did an interview with the UK newspaper The Guardian, which I posted on here back in February, or whenever:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/feb/02/david-lee-roth-van-halen

I recall, as well, a Dave interview in one of the main Australian newspapers.

Online media is global, and Van Halen is a band that is marketed globally. This guy seems to have only looked at the US to try and make a point about social media, as if those of you on Roth Army would never read those articles 'cos they are from UK- or Australian-based newspapers, and as if you never re-circulated them through your social media channels, etc.
                                THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

Working...