• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Acoustic Guitar Help

Alright folks...

I haven't played in a long, long time...and I don't have a lot of money...

I'm looking to pick up a beginning acoustic, and a cheap one...

any thoughts on what I should look for? I'm not looking for a gear battle of who can find the most sublime fucking taylor or seagull out there...I'm looking for some cheap ass guitar that can be usable for five or six months...before reselling it and getting a better guitar...

Thanks guys...and gals...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

What about this....for 80...I know it's an intro guitar...

"Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I picked up a fairly decent Yamaha electro acoustic for $100.I have had it around 6 month's and play nearly every day and am very impressed.It's a Yamaha FX-310A.Came with a decent set of steel strings,I have not had to re string it so far and think i can get at least another few months out of them.If you can afford it i would recommend it.

I also have that dvd
        Last edited by Dave's Bitch; 07-20-2012, 08:56 AM.
        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• private parts
          Sniper
          • Jan 2007

The cheapo Yamaha that they sell at Guitar Center as been really good to me. Got gig bag and a few extras for a $100.00 during Christmas 3 years ago. I think it goes for about 150.00 these days.
          sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• private parts
            Sniper
            • Jan 2007

Yamaha F-36p
            sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

The Yamahas aren't bad, Poj...check that and the Fender out and see which one you think plays and sounds better.
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I have a cheap Fender accoustic, and a cheap Ibanez elect/accoustic. Like them both. Of course, when you "play" as bad as I do, even the expensive ones sound bad!

I really should sell my 40th anniversary Fender American Standard Strat...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Alright...came across these today...

Oscar Schmidt/Washburn Dread...

This was $99...can get it cheaper...I'm sure...

Last edited by POJO_Risin; 07-21-2012, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Sigma DM-1 (this is a cheap Martin)

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Ibanez electric acoustic

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Ibanez V200S

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Mitchell Md-100

Comment

• Cato
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

as for the quality, there's little difference among the cheap (acoustic) guitars I think?
                            those are made in China, Vietnam, Taiwan, using the same machines, under the different names.

if I were you, I will buy a popular brand's cool looking one. because it's easy to resell.
                            Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Thanks Cato...I'm not super worried about re-selling...

When I upgrade, I'll likely donate the cheapies to my kid's school's music teacher...

I tested all of those out...and liked them all...but their sound was all slightly different...but good in their own way...

Ugh...

Comment

Working...