• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

This Is Great News.

Yes,Yes And Yes.
    Last edited by Dan; 07-27-2012, 11:59 PM. Reason: WWE Please Dont Use My Saying.:D
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• SunisinuS
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • May 2010

And btw..the use of the soundboard recording of one of Dave's screams on last night's Stephen Colbert's report on his "Spore Repore" to vid of a power lifter:

Stephen Colbert takes on cable news pundits (and everyone else) in this political satire.

'bouts 2nd story in.

Set up is about 4:31 in.
      Last edited by SunisinuS; 07-28-2012, 01:27 AM.
      Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Edwards3rdWife
        Groupie
        • May 2013

" Jump, from Van Halen’s sixth album 1984, has a controversial history. Its heavily-featured synth riff alienated singer David Lee Roth, who’s said to have written the lyrics and performed the track under protest.... "

David never really admitted his disdain of keyboards, did he ? He always looked like he enjoyed doing Jump, just like the rest of his/their masterpieces.

" ... The change in musical direction led to a split between the founder members and Roth’s later departure. "

Uh, no that would be someone else ....
        I'm not conceited. Conceit is a fault, and I have no faults - DLR

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

I don't think Dave has a problem with "Jump". If he did it wouldn't have been in his solo reportoire. There's even a video of Dave doing Jump with a huge orchestra on youtube.
          As far as that being the number one sports song I couldn't agree less. "Wild Thing" is a better sports song than "Jump" and it's not even on the list. I guess they didn't include Gary Glitter's "Rock And Roll Part 2" because he's a pedophile. "Center Field" is another sports classic that didn't make the list. "Boys Of Summer" although not actually a sports song gets played quite a bit at baseball games.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Tot Brengen
            Meanwhile, PRS for Music will stage a Marc Bolan memorial show in London in September.
            Until recently I assumed Marc Bolan died of a drug or alcohol overdose. He was actually killed in a car crash. The ironic part is he never learned to drive because he was afraid he'd kill himself. His girlfriend did it instead. He owned several cars including a Rolls Royce limo but it was loaned out the night he died.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
              Veteran
              • Jun 2005

WTF? Wham? I have never heard that at a sporting event even on television. I mean...what is the right time during a game to play Wake Me Up Before You Go Go? The song i hear the most (and i detest it) is Europe's Final Countdown. Compared to most of these songs Jump is almighty.
              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• DlocRoth
                ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

What about that pedophile's song?
                Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• lesfunk
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

What Bullshit. The best song for sports is the one that child molester did.
                  http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by lesfunk
                    What Bullshit. The best song for sports is the one that child molester did.
                    Do they still play that song at sporting events?
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• VHscraps
                      Veteran
                      • Jul 2009

Got to say that the 'great sports song' way of listening to that song is a bit naff. But, the mash-up of DLR's performance with Lennon's 'Imagine' reveals Dave's part to have hidden, melancholic depths.

Shit, Dave's been a lonely dude all these years ...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

Working...