Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

I think for the next olympics, the coverage needs to be split four or five ways between the networks with packages based on ratings.

Comment

• So this is love
      Veteran
      • Jan 2012

UP here in Canada we get the closing ceremonies live but I don't have time to watch so I guess I watch later tonight like everyone else...Imagine with John Lennon was nice to see...
      Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

What was the deal with Freddie and Queen during the closing ceremonies? Was it a video of him singing while Brian and Roger played?
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• So this is love
          Veteran
          • Jan 2012

Don't you overanalyze this is an amazing show ...........ENGLAND you rock!!!!!!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
            Don't you overanalyze this is an amazing show ...........ENGLAND you rock!!!!!!!
            I haven't seen it so I'm wondering what it was. The ceremony is on NBC right now but I don't know if I missed it or not

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I caught bits of it from a tiki bar.. I think the spice girls were there. That's how you know it's good.
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It started slow but gets better as it went, I really liked the Eric Idle bit, I don't think many country's would have skating nuns at a show like this.

The Queen bit was a video of Freddie doing some crowd participation, followed by Brian May doing the guitar solo from Brighton Rock before joining Jessie J for the classic anthem We Will Rock You.

It struck me that if he had got AIDS just a few years later he would probably been able to do it himself as the drug treatments have improved hugely.

A few niggles like George Michael doing his new single(it's a time for sticking to the big hits) but it was good enough.

Also I have to say that Roger Daltrey's voice live has stood up to time a hell of a lot better than some other singers 10 years younger than him...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  The Queen bit was a video of Freddie doing some crowd participation, followed by Brian May doing the guitar solo from Brighton Rock before joining Jessie J for the classic anthem We Will Rock You.

It struck me that if he had got AIDS just a few years later he would probably been able to do it himself as the drug treatments have improved hugely.
                  Thanks Sesh! That's what I was asking. I hope that part hasn't happened yet on the replay here on NBC - George Michael just finished Freedom. I saw a post on FB by Queenonline and it was a picture of the Freddie hologram-thing in the middle of the stadium and I have got to see whatever it was that they did.

Comment

• So this is love
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2012

The David Bowie part Fashion is great...I am watching the NBC and it only will get better til the end...

Comment

• So this is love
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2012

If it were me I would have had Deep Purple, Ozzy and finish with Iron Maiden Run to the fucking hills.....with Usain Bolt on screen....Good night everybody!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

The Queen bit is on right now. They should have had the image of Freddie singing We Will Rock You.

Comment

• Dan
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Dan...........how about the Carringhton NZ chick of yours .... now that is nice babe ....she reminds me of my old days....the 80s just like Dave I was good looking back then...
                          Pants Off To That.
                          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• So this is love
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2012

I don't know why I love Brazil and I have never ever been there...maybe one day I swear RIO is the place I'd like to be...damn! it will be amazing to see all these g-strings on Copacabana beach in 2016...

Comment

• So this is love
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2012

Its been fun getting your feedback the last two weeks folks....love ya I sincerely think the Olympics is the only event where everyone is in peace...CHEERS!
                              Last edited by So this is love; 08-12-2012, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

I don't know why I love Brazil and I have never ever been there...maybe one day I swear RIO is the place I'd like to be...damn! it will be amazing to see all these g-strings on Copacabana beach in 2016...
                                Rio is worth seeing. I actually bought my wife's engagement ring there. I was at the H.Stern jewelry factory and they had some fabulous aquamarines. They mine a lot of the gems in Brazil, make the jewelry in Rio and ship it to their stores around the world. I found one set in white gold with six cut diamonds and a very dark aquamarine set in the middle. I bought it because H.Stern has a lifetime buy back policy so I wouldn't be out nothing and I figured I could sell it at a profit in the states.

When I popped the question I still had he ring so I gave it to her and it fit perfectly. It never had to be resized.

I'm into stones so South America is like a treasure trove for me. This one store in Columbia had some of the most fabulous emeralds I have ever seen but they were out of my price range. Huge and clear. You had to be Tony Montana or Pablo Escabar just to afford one.
                                Last edited by Nitro Express; 08-12-2012, 11:25 PM.
                                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...