ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Tenuous , aren't they all team events with other none Scottish members lol
    fuck your fucking framing

fourthcoming
    Is it just me but are the Olympics not the most boring thing on television? At least the Winter olympics has hockey......can't wait for the olympics to end!!!!

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nah am enjoying it , well some of it , but horses for courses and all that

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If Sharaprova spent more time on tennis rather than on making a sound like a piglet is being inserted into her anus she might actually win a fucking game never mind a set...

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The track and field is the thing to watch for this weekend...with the blade runner
    Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Anyone else wish the Williams sisters would take thier rackets and go home and let the other kids play...lol ?

It is like Serena is sitting in a lounge chair smoking a cigg and stealing Sharapovas lunch money..lol
    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

fourthcoming
    Call me a commie.....but I'm listening to Lithuania hang with the U.S. in men's basketball right now......hope the spoiled, prima donna men's team loses. Nice to see Carmelo Anthony playing his ass off....too bad he doesn't do that for the Knicks.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Question: Does the double amputee that has artificial composite spring legs have a unfair advantage in the Track and Field. ?

I am not saying anything bad here, but lets discuss next year when a Olympic athlete has a rocket attatched to his ass.

I am amazed at the forward movements we have made in treating injured peoples ailments, but soon I bet artificial limbs may make a unfair advantage against, athletes who don't use mechanical support..

Are artificial limbs like steroids..?

Is it BIGOTRY if they are not allowed to compete with any augmentation available ?

I am attempting to ask a honest question, but more than likely sound like some kind of Cunt.

discuss..
    Last edited by clarathecarrot; 08-04-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I just read something on it , thought someone on here had posted a link but can't find it ..
    What I got from the article is that the blades in no way replace any of the bodies abilities , they try to duplicate some of the bio mechanics of the the legs but they aren't better .

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    I just read something on it , thought someone on here had posted a link but can't find it ..
    What I got from the article is that the blades in no way replace any of the bodies abilities , they try to duplicate some of the bio mechanics of the the legs but they aren't better .

Yes and many amazing inventions are furthur on the horizon to help these more than likely, American Military Veterans ( any country, anyone).

Like the invention of the automobile someday and I bet soon, they may have to seriously seperate the abilities of athletes due to artificial mechanics..?

We can never give back what was lost ,maybe someday thru bio-engineering and cloning, but the mechanical advantage will be discussed with the same fever steroids are..

There are already mechanical advantage devices for humans that enable you to wear a harness and lift 1000lbs like it was a cereal box.
    Last edited by clarathecarrot; 08-04-2012 at 12:37 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The thing is in the US and I imagine everywhere else, we put our best and brightest to work in companies that make weapons. Any new technology we weaponize it first. Then we use it to justify making it. This is not the right way to do things. It's like that new fighter. Who are we going to use it on? We are fighting people with Kalashnikovs. Nobody with fighters wants to fight. Even the Air Force admitted we don't need it. But the contractors bribe the politicians and they put the order in. Somewhere down the line we have to start a war to justify the military spending so we can make even more stuff.

We really need to go back to making consumer goods to make our lives better but you can't overcharge there like you can on military contracts. War is more profitable than making a better mouse trap.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    The thing is in the US and I imagine everywhere else, we put our best and brightest to work in companies that make weapons. Any new technology we weaponize it first. Then we use it to justify making it. This is not the right way to do things. It's like that new fighter. Who are we going to use it on? We are fighting people with Kalashnikovs. Nobody with fighters wants to fight. Even the Air Force admitted we don't need it. But the contractors bribe the politicians and they put the order in. Somewhere down the line we have to start a war to justify the military spending so we can make even more stuff.

We really need to go back to making consumer goods to make our lives better but you can't overcharge there like you can on military contracts. War is more profitable than making a better mouse trap.
    or why don't we put all these brightest in resolving the many cancers of this earth

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    God I wouldn't run the 10000m at the pace they do it right now...I am exausted just watching them...:bottle:

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    why is jamaica always winning the 100m? men or women. I mean when you go to Jamaica (a country that I love by the way) the pace is so slow and yet they have the fastest men/women on the earth...?
    Last edited by So this is love; 08-04-2012 at 05:19 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by So this is love View Post
    or why don't we put all these brightest in resolving the many cancers of this earth
    You can't play geopolitics curing cancer and there is no money in curing cancer. Letting cancer exist and having half-assed very expensive cures is more profitable. If you want an answer to anything and why things are, just ask yourself who is in control and who benefits from how things are. A lot of people make a huge amount of money off of problems. That is why they are allowed to continue or they create them. Some people don't want a cure nor do they want peace.

People need to get it through their heads there are people running the show right now who could care less if you drop dead. Do you honestly think Obama, Michelle, Harry Reid, Bonehead, or most the Supreme Court justices give a ratt's ass that you die? Do you think the media cares? We have the highest suicide rate right now with soldiers and veterans and nobody is reporting it. The olympics are more important than our own servicemen. Shameful.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 08-04-2012 at 05:27 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    why is jamaica always winning the 100m? men or women. I mean when you go to Jamaica (a country that I love by the way) the pace is so slow and yet they have the fastest men/women on the earth...?
    Last time I was in Jamaica everyone was eating jerked chicken, lobster, smoking weed and getting drunk on cheap rum. I joined them. Nobody was doing too much running.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You can't play geopolitics curing cancer and there is no money in curing cancer. Letting cancer exist and having half-assed very expensive cures is more profitable. If you want an answer to anything and why things are, just ask yourself who is in control and who benefits from how things are. A lot of people make a huge amount of money off of problems. That is why they are allowed to continue or they create them. Some people don't want a cure nor do they want peace.

People need to get it through their heads there are people running the show right now who could care less if you drop dead. Do you honestly think Obama, Michelle, Harry Reid, Bonehead, or most the Supreme Court justices give a ratt's ass that you die? Do you think the media cares? We have the highest suicide rate right now with soldiers and veterans and nobody is reporting it. The olympics are more important than our own servicemen. Shameful.
    ...and thats a shame and yes evil exist in this world...I just keep hoping for a better world in peace but I'm a dreamer...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You just got to wake up in the morning, take it one day at a time and try and have the best day possible. I kind of view it as you are an ant in this big jungle and for the most part nobody notices you. Then there's two different kinds of attention. One kind of attention wants to pamper you like a pet because for whatever reason you are special to them. Then the second and most common kind of attention is there is this big pissed off gorilla and he hates ants and he throws shit at you. So you have to figure out where the gorilla is and if he spots you and throws that big rock at you, you can make a last minute dodge and lose him. At the end of the day usually you are just happy you survived it.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 08-04-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You just got to wake up in the morning, take it one day at a time and try and have the best day possible. I kind of view it as you are an ant in this big jungle and for the most part nobody notices you. Then there's two different kinds of attention. One kind of attention wants to pamper you like a pet because for whatever reason you are special to them. Then the second and most common kind of attention is there is this big pissed off gorilla and he hates ants and he throws shit at you. So you have to figure out where the gorilla is and if he spots you and throws that big rock at you, you can make a last minute dodge and lose him. At the end of the day usually you are just happy you survived it.
    personaly I had a miserable job earning me in the 6 figures for many years and i had one goal (leaving that job as soon as I could) I was working for miserable assholes that were screwing peoples and sucking bloods from their own 'ees so I did what I had to do last year and said FUCK YOU! Now I live my life with a low income but I enjoy every minute of life and my family....
    I survived those fuckers but they could have taken my life...and after I left they tried...but I had a plan and that was planning my exit.....payoff your debt and never be a slave to anyone...
    Last edited by So this is love; 08-04-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was on a swim team for 17 years of my life.....it is nice to look back....and even if a pop song....we were once young and a Rag Tag Fugitive Fleet:

Last edited by SunisinuS; 08-04-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: lol when all the girls look back on the bus...reminds of all the fine fine women I have known...nj.
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    personaly I had a miserable job earning me in the 6 figures for many years and i had one goal (leaving that job as soon as I could) I was working for miserable assholes that were screwing peoples and sucking bloods from their own 'ees so I did what I had to do last year and said FUCK YOU! Now I live my life with a low income but I enjoy every minute of life and my family....
    I survived those fuckers but they could have taken my life...and after I left they tried...but I had a plan and that was planning my exit.....payoff you debt and never be a slave to anyone...
    I kind of did the same thing. I worked in the fianance industry and left it 12 years ago. I hated it but made good money. I went to work for myself and now the industry I hated working in and could see it was heading for a cliff got bailed out by the government and now they are trying to stick the losses on us people still managing to make some honest money in an outsourced world. It really pisses me off. The moral of the story is you can lose everything at anytime. Growing up one of our neighbors was a holocaust survivor and she made sure us kids perfectly knew things can change for the worst so fast if we don't stay on top of it. You have to be happy in the now. The whole thought process of I will be happy after I'm miserable for 20 years is a dumb concept. Especially after your 401K loses 40% of it's value. Most the money you were going to be happy with is gone and you wasted 20 years making it doing what you hated.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SunisinuS View Post
    I was on a swim team for 17 years of my life.....it is nice to look back....and even if a pop song....we were once young and a Rag Tag Fugitive Fleet:
    That sounds like a lot of work. I loved to swim but swim practice was early in the morning before school. I didn't want to get up that early. So I played hockey and skiied. I didn't have to get up early for those.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I kind of did the same thing. I worked in the fianance industry and left it 12 years ago. I hated it but made good money. I went to work for myself and now the industry I hated working in and could see it was heading for a cliff got bailed out by the government and now they are trying to stick the losses on us people still managing to make some honest money in an outsourced world. It really pisses me off. The moral of the story is you can lose everything at anytime. Growing up one of our neighbors was a holocaust survivor and she made sure us kids perfectly knew things can change for the worst so fast if we don't stay on top of it. You have to be happy in the now. The whole thought process of I will be happy after I'm miserable for 20 years is a dumb concept. Especially after your 401K loses 40% of it's value. Most the money you were going to be happy with is gone and you wasted 20 years making it doing what you hated.
    what do you know...I also was in finance and this is the truth: The whole thought process of I will be happy after I'm miserable for 20 years is a dumb concept...play your cards right as this world is a jungle and everyone is here for your money..

Enemy of the Clique

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Anyone else think Katie Ledecky looks a little more male than female above the shoulders?

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by motherchicken View Post
    Anyone else think Katie Ledecky looks a little more male than female above the shoulders?

Like an ugly dude!

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Texan View Post
    Yeah, he finally got back in his Beijing form (or close to it) these last few races. I don't know what the deal was, but he looked absolutely terrible in that first race. He could have and should have won at least one more gold in the 200 butterfly the other night, but he got a case of the lazies at the last second and got out touched at the wall.
    Even 'off form' or 'old' he is still the most succesful swimmer at the 2012 games. Amazing.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    With all due respect you are completely wrong and I am totally correct.

Sampras never got beyond the semi final of the French in his whole career. He only ever won 2 Australian titles.

So in the Sampras 10 years at the top that's 18 Grand Slam titles that Murray could have won if he had been his contemporary.
    Well, that's me told .

I just don't think Murray has the strength to win when the chips are down. If it hadn't been Sampras, it would have been someone else in the same era.

Murray has all the ability in the world and I've been impressed with the work he's done on strength/fitness. But there's just something missing. He's still got a few years, I guess, and I really hope he wins gold in both the singles and mixed doubles.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    The US and Britain are going to totally dominate the paralympics this year due to Iraq and Afghanistan...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What's gone wrong with American long jumpers?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    What's gone wrong with American long jumpers?
    Probably ate too many double cheese burgers.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fourthcoming View Post
    Call me a commie.....but I'm listening to Lithuania hang with the U.S. in men's basketball right now......hope the spoiled, prima donna men's team loses. Nice to see Carmelo Anthony playing his ass off....too bad he doesn't do that for the Knicks.
    Congratulations, it was a close win

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    John McEnroe actually said tonight that Phelps wasn't the greatest Olympian ever, that it was Jesse Owens.
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gbranton View Post
    John McEnroe actually said tonight that Phelps wasn't the greatest Olympian ever, that it was Jesse Owens.
    Apples and Oranges.....

There's no doubt that Jesse Owens, a black man, winning a gold medal at an Olympics hosted by Adolf and his pals, preaching the "master race" bullshit doctrine has a claim on the single greatest moment in Olympic history. And then he won 3 more.

Certainly nothing to sneeze at. And definitely more significant at the time. But a greater athlete than a guy who won 22 medals? Why even make that argument?

Oh right.... it's McEnroe. If he's not arguing, he's not breathing.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    John McEnroe was one of the most entertaining athletes to watch. I loved his tirades.

Last edited by Nitro Express; 08-05-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Owens' moment in Berlin was more historically significant, no doubt, because it was an athletic moment that transcended athletics. But I'm not sure of we will ever see the equal of Michael Phelps from an athletic standpoint.
    Last edited by gbranton; 08-05-2012 at 01:56 AM.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The number of medals won is irrelevant in determining who is the greatest athlete ever as a marathonian can't win more than one event, how could a boxer win more than one medal? only swimming allows many ways to go 100m, its like asking Usain Bolt to run a 100m on his hands, backward and sideways.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    100% British then lol

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wouldn't say he was the greatest athlete, they are all great athletes, there may be some undiscovered talent that never made it to the olympics, but these are the ones who are there, all the best.

He will more than likely be the most medals won athlete, in 3 olympic games, maybe not in a single, for a long time.

Total lifetime gold in all competitions he will probably remain #1 forever, he is incredible.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My Olympic Report Sunday August 05, 2012.

1. Anyone else think womens water polo is chicks playing, team handball while trying to drown each other
    in a pool ?

2. What the fuck is this, team handball, never heard of it, it's like water polo without the drowning possibilities, and no sexy swimsuits..?

3. Who in the hell are the people riding the bicycles along the pond shoreline, of the rowing teams as they compete, there are people lining the banks standing there, then there are the grand stand sitters , then there are the bicycle riders.... diid they pay extra to ride or are they the coaches ?

Thus ends my sunday report..Go USA team Beach Volleyball babes .

Thread Information