Thread: What is wrong with people??

Swedish Love Pump ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2013 @ 05:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sensible Shoes View Post
    I had cataract surgery and, same thing, I have huge floaters, one that will obscure my vision if it floats far enough to the left. Funny how it got there, I had a capillary burst inside my eye. It looked like somebody squirted ink into my eye, all black and liquidy. Then it broke down into thousands of tiny black dots which got lighter over two weeks or so. Finally, that blood clumped together into this huge floater. Whenever I have my eyes checked, the optomitrist says "WHOA that's huge!" But they won't do surgery to get it out due to dire complications.
    Omg!! That is terrible! I feel for you sister, I really do. Mine got smaller after the doctor pointed that strong light in my eye.
    I guess we're all dameged goods here
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Enemy of the Clique

Member No
    Last Online
    11-21-2012 @ 05:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by envy_me View Post
    But you still have cataract on your right eye? Which is worse, the floaters or cataract?
    There is also surgery for floaters but they have to empty your eyeball, I ain't doing that.
    It's not only the floaters it's the fact that sometimes I see fine out of my left eye sometimes I only see blurr. The cataract on my right eye doesn't seem to affect my vision much. They only found out about it when I started complaining that after the surgery I had better than 20/20 then it went to shit. They tried to get the insurance to OK the procedure for the right eye sooner but they wouldn't budge. Then I got laid off and lost my insurance. Then my eyesight got worse. I went back to where I had the surgery and without insurance they wouldn't even give me an appointment. I'll probably lawyer up and see if that will change their minds.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

I see floaters in my toilet!!

Enemy of the Clique

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I see floaters in my toilet!!
    Try flushing.

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by motherchicken View Post
    It's not only the floaters it's the fact that sometimes I see fine out of my left eye sometimes I only see blurr. The cataract on my right eye doesn't seem to affect my vision much. They only found out about it when I started complaining that after the surgery I had better than 20/20 then it went to shit. They tried to get the insurance to OK the procedure for the right eye sooner but they wouldn't budge. Then I got laid off and lost my insurance. Then my eyesight got worse. I went back to where I had the surgery and without insurance they wouldn't even give me an appointment. I'll probably lawyer up and see if that will change their minds.
    If they screwed up your eye it should be their obligation to fix it for no cost.
    I am lucky I don't have to think about insurance. I am not sure exactly how it works, but if you would to insure yourself would that work? Or do you have to have your place of work do it? How does it work?
    I have my cats insured, I just pay to the insurance company about 1000 crowns per year, per cat. Thats about 140 dollars per cat. And after a certain amount they pay for their vet costs.
    Last edited by envy_me; 08-21-2012 at 05:03 AM.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,003 Posts

Blog Entries
    I have my cats insured, I just pay to the insurance company about 1000 crowns per year, per cat. Thats about 140 dollars per cat. And after a certain amount they pay for their vet costs.
    I find that practice just crazy... I enjoy our pets, but outside of a minor injury or simple issue like a minor infection that easily treatable... I can't see spending that kind of money or more to keep the animal alive. If there's something more serious wrong with an animal... odds are it can't be cured and the poor thing just lives in misery so you don't lose your emotional attachment... I'd rather they don't suffer due to human psychosis.

Definitely not paying insurance for something that can be put down for $30 and replaced for about the same or nothing.

Enemy of the Clique

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    I find that practice just crazy... I enjoy our pets, but outside of a minor injury or simple issue like a minor infection that easily treatable... I can't see spending that kind of money or more to keep the animal alive. If there's something more serious wrong with an animal... odds are it can't be cured and the poor thing just lives in misery so you don't lose your emotional attachment... I'd rather they don't suffer due to human psychosis.

Definitely not paying insurance for something that can be put down for $30 and replaced for about the same or nothing.
    You'd be suprised by the cost of treating even a minor pet illness or injury. To some people including me my pet is much more than a pet. My little dog is one of the family. She can't be replaced period. She gives me unconditional love. Of course I'd have her put down if I knew she would better off. But I hope I never have to make that choice.

8. Thanked motherchicken for this KICKASS post:

envy_me (08-22-2012)

Enemy of the Clique

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If they screwed up your eye it should be their obligation to fix it for no cost.
    I am lucky I don't have to think about insurance. I am not sure exactly how it works, but if you would to insure yourself would that work? Or do you have to have your place of work do it? How does it work?
    You can insure yourself but it's expensive. Not too many companies provide insurance any more either. At least not for blue collar workers. More companies are offering you plans that you pay for through payroll deduction that are a little cheaper because you're getting group rates because they're preparing for the implementation of Obamacare or some simular regulations.

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-18-2015 @ 05:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 676 Posts

Well I'm sure nobody's surprised to hear that I've spent thousands on various illnesses and accidents. I guess it's different when you have no kids and the dogs fill up that space.

The hardest decision I've had to make was when my Big guy was incontinent and failing in his rear end, but he was all there upstairs. I decided it was time for him to go when one day he was drinking out of his bucket and peeing out the other end at the same time. No dignity left for him, so I said goodbye. If it was fixable, I would have fixed it. But it still hurts.

11. 2 users say thank you to Sensible Shoes for this KICKASS post:

envy_me (08-22-2012),katina (08-21-2012)

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2021 @ 11:13 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Well I'm sure nobody's surprised to hear that I've spent thousands on various illnesses and accidents. I guess it's different when you have no kids and the dogs fill up that space.

The hardest decision I've had to make was when my Big guy was incontinent and failing in his rear end, but he was all there upstairs. I decided it was time for him to go when one day he was drinking out of his bucket and peeing out the other end at the same time. No dignity left for him, so I said goodbye. If it was fixable, I would have fixed it. But it still hurts.
    That´s was very painful, it hurts and it will hurt forever.... I know, I had to make it many times, I have lot of Pet friends, I don´t care how much money I spend on them, even if some of them don´t live with me, ....if they need help, I will do my best.
    Last edited by katina; 08-21-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Enemy of the Clique

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I've seen people spend thousands on animals that should have died of old age years before. I thought they were idiots. Until I got my little girl.

Enemy of the Clique

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I hate those humane society commercials where they show all those sad animals. Makes me sad.

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't have kids either. I don't want kids. Never have, never will. Kids are not for me. But I absolutelly adore my pets :-)
    Everybody's different. I know a girl who can't wait to have a baby, she says her uterus is crying for a child. I don't think my uterus has even looked at a kid. I just don't want them.
    Last edited by envy_me; 08-22-2012 at 02:34 AM.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

My pets come first, they are my babies. I can go hungry, but not them...

17. Thanked Angel for this KICKASS post:

katina (08-22-2012)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,003 Posts

Blog Entries
    I guess it's perspective... I get the connection people have with pets and I've enjoyed all the varmits I've owned and felt the loss when they pass.

I grew up in a farm environment in the 60's where we raised our own livestock... you care for them properly but there's a certain amount of detachment you have to have when Ole Shorty becomes a ribeye on the plate.

Add to that I'm a parent to 5 kids... so the 4 legged variety fall pretty low on the priority and budget allocations. Sorry if my previous comments were a bit insensitive to pet lovers.

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-18-2015 @ 05:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 676 Posts

Not insensitive - it's just another perspective. I know people think I'm crazy.

20. Thanked Sensible Shoes for this KICKASS post:

envy_me (08-22-2012)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

I know a girl who can't wait to have a baby, she says her uterus is crying for a child.
    And unless she's married she's gonna be crying for some damn child support...

We have two cats. One is 11 and that's been my daughter's constant companion since she was 1. The other we just got last year because she just had to have another and this one was a kitten. We bring it home and the damn thing turned out to be so sick that it was dying. I had to syringe feed this animal every 4 hours - including in the middle of the night. That damn cat was at the vet twice a week for weeks and I spent a fortune on medicine. The vet actually suggested we put it down but I just couldn't do that to my daughter. Fucking cat chewed up two ethernet cables last week...

22. 2 users say thank you to DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

gbranton (08-22-2012),katina (08-22-2012)

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Not insensitive - it's just another perspective. I know people think I'm crazy.
    I don't think you're crazy, I am just like you.

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    And unless she's married she's gonna be crying for some damn child support...

We have two cats. One is 11 and that's been my daughter's constant companion since she was 1. The other we just got last year because she just had to have another and this one was a kitten. We bring it home and the damn thing turned out to be so sick that it was dying. I had to syringe feed this animal every 4 hours - including in the middle of the night. That damn cat was at the vet twice a week for weeks and I spent a fortune on medicine. The vet actually suggested we put it down but I just couldn't do that to my daughter. Fucking cat chewed up two ethernet cables last week...
    She's single. But I just can't understand that urge for children.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

There's nothing wrong with a single chick having a baby. But she better be loaded 'cause kids are expensive as hell.

26. 3 users say thank you to DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

Dave's Bitch (08-22-2012),DLR Bridge (08-22-2012),katina (08-22-2012)

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 09:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,349 Times in 1,444 Posts

I've got two daughters and a pit bull. Even my oldest girl calls the dog my first born. Pets, kids, it's all the same.

28. 2 users say thank you to DLR Bridge for this KICKASS post:

envy_me (08-22-2012),katina (08-22-2012)

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 11:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I was never a kid person until I had one.Perhaps if the time is right for you some time you will change your opinion

30. Thanked Dave's Bitch for this KICKASS post:

katina (08-22-2012)

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2021 @ 11:13 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    My pets come first, they are my babies. I can go hungry, but not them...
    I also had to skip some meals time ago

Four years ago I had to cancel an anniversary trip to Las Vegas ....I rescued and helped a cat from the street, it was worthwhile. The cat survived and lives with me from then onwards.

32. Thanked katina for this KICKASS post:

envy_me (08-23-2012)

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katina View Post
    I also had to skip some meals time ago

Four years ago I had to cancel an anniversary trip to Las Vegas ....I rescued and helped a cat from the street, it was worthwhile. The cat survived and lives with me from then onwards.
    That's because you're an awesome person, one of the nicest I've met on these boards.

34. Thanked Angel for this KICKASS post:

katina (08-24-2012)

Thread Information