ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

No Bozos

My buddy just noticed this at our local bar. This place is about 30 years old.. I wonder if it's from the same time as Ed's famous shirt..
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Ed had a No Bozos shirt and still managed to let Sammy in the band. Ed must have been really drunk that day.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. 2 users say thank you to Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Momshell (08-01-2012),VAiN (08-01-2012)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-31-2021 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Ed had a No Bozos shirt and still managed to let Sammy in the band. Ed must have been really drunk that day.

Ed allowed his auto mechanic's suggestion to ruin the greatest rock band of all time ---- EVH is definitely not Einstein

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:09 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,327 Times in 856 Posts

As soon as I hook up with Doctor Who, I'm hijacking the TARDIS and we're getting Patty Smyth.

You heard it here.

6. Thanked bueno bob for this KICKASS post:

binnie (08-01-2012)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMKID View Post
    Ed allowed his auto mechanic's suggestion to ruin the greatest rock band of all time ---- EVH is definitely not Einstein

Claudio might have been a good Lamborghini mechanic but was a poor judge of singers. Really those old Lamborghinis are pretty reliable. Not much to them actually. If they have the six Webers and two distributors a tune up can be tricky. Most people just put in the bigger distributor. I bet Ed and Sammy were reving the engine too high and running the engine hard cold can break things. No hard driving until the water temp guage starts to move and then you can lay into it. The biggest bitch is finding body parts and trim parts for the older ones. I never liked the Diablos.

Jay Leno is a Lamborghini guy and he said he had his Lamborghini at Claudios and he heard somebody reving the hell out of a V-12 engine red lining it in neutral. Jay was going who is that idiot and it turned out to be Sammy Hagar. Jay said he was just revving the shit out of the engine from a cold start and when he saw it was Sammy he goes, oh stupid rock star no surprise there. LOL!
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 08-01-2012 at 01:00 AM.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2015 @ 10:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

No hard driving until the water temp guage starts to move and then you can lay into it.

Jay said he was just revving the shit out of the engine from a cold start and when he saw it was Sammy he goes, oh stupid rock star no surprise there. LOL!
    And 99.9999% of the time guys like that blame the car and go around telling people what a piece of shit it is when the actual problem is the asshole behind the wheel who is too lazy or too ignorant to learn how to care for it.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You should let all car engines warm up before you drive them hard but especially aluminum block Italian engines. What happens and the Lamborghini V-12 is notorious for this is the aluminum expands faster than the steel piston sleeves and then the sleeves come loose and start knocking around. That's why you adjust valve lash while the engine is cold. If you don't you will burn your exhaust valves because then the metal expands due to the heat the valve will be off the seat. You really shouldn't drive a high performance car until the coolant temperature guage starts to move off the peg. Let your engine warm up and it will be good to you. Let the metal heat up and expand. If you hit it hard cold you are going to break something.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    My dad was a Porsche guy. We used to have an old green Porsche Targa. I put a lot of miles on that car and never had a problem with it. I wish I still had it. My dad used to drive this green 928. It was a great driving car but man I hated how they looked. I always thought they kind of had a AMC Pacer vibe to the back end. I always liked Porsches because they had a lot of performance but you could use them as a daily driver but still, I hate the lift back ones.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

My dad used to drive this green 928. It was a great driving car but man I hated how they looked. I always thought they kind of had a AMC Pacer vibe to the back end. I always liked Porsches because they had a lot of performance but you could use them as a daily driver but still, I hate the lift back ones.
    I have known some guys who loved them, I knew one guy who bought a new 928 every year, one year he wanted something different and went with a car that had just come out and was receiving a lot of good press. Six weeks later he traded that Acura NSX on another 928.

I had a customer in the mid 1990's whose 928 was submerged during a hurricane. He brought it in and had us replace every electrical component, every scrap of upholstery and every inch of wiring. He spent in excess of $25K to refurbish that car. Needless to say, as his service advisor, I was a VERY happy man.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The 928 has some complicated leather work. It's not cheap to fix and hard to find someone who can do the work.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The 928 has some complicated leather work. It's not cheap to fix and hard to find someone who can do the work.
    True, but the last production year was 1995, so at that time OEM stuff was still available. I actually like the interiors of those cars, unlike many exotics, they are a nice fit for someone my height.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Jay Leno is a Lamborghini guy and he said he had his Lamborghini at Claudios and he heard somebody reving the hell out of a V-12 engine red lining it in neutral. Jay was going who is that idiot and it turned out to be Sammy Hagar. Jay said he was just revving the shit out of the engine from a cold start and when he saw it was Sammy he goes, oh stupid rock star no surprise there.

I'm surprised Spamborita even took his cars to Claudio for tune-ups ---- after all, the main premise in his book that he does everything right and everyone else fucks up.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TJMKID View Post
    I'm surprised Spamborita even took his cars to Claudio for tune-ups ---- after all, the main premise in his book that he does everything right and everyone else fucks up.
    Precisely. You'd expect the guy to take the car to a Mobil station or a Jiffy Lube back in the day rather than a specialized mechanic. "Hey, can I get a discount if I bring in the station wagon, too?"

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    06-21-2021 @ 10:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks

No Bozos, was almost to the pinnacle of fame and fortune, only to be eclipsed by Nancy Reagans, Just Say No To Bozos.

Years in court and out of money, No Bozos settled out of court for a undisclosed amount.

I saw the, behind the fame, rockumentary, on VH1.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Precisely. You'd expect the guy to take the car to a Mobil station or a Jiffy Lube back in the day rather than a specialized mechanic. "Hey, can I get a discount if I bring in the station wagon, too?"

Spamborita will brag about his mechanic skills in his next book --- and the ChedHead Sheep will eat it up --- just like they believed "I was as big as Van Halen in '84"

Thread Information