Jared Polis (D-Colo) $143,218,562
    Vernon Buchanan (R-Fla) $136,152,641
    Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif) $101,123,032
    Alan Grayson (D-Fla) $93,896,519
    Kenny Marchant (R-Texas) $49,340,275
    Gary Miller (R-Calif) $46,008,028
    Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-NJ) $42,900,594

Follow the money.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,397 Times in 6,054 Posts

That is obscene...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 06:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Somewhat old.

That Über-idiot Alan Grayson was tossed out of the House on his ass by the electorate in the last election.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    That is obscene...
    Indeed.

Besides, if I had that kind of money, I would rather be enjoying life rather than fighting those pissing matches in Congress everyday.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

They need to change the name of the place, there is fuck all Representative about those guys...

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 11:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

The truly obscene part is how some of them got wealthy.

Jay Rockefeller obviously inherited it, because his great granddaddy was in the oil business. (This is why we need the Inheritance Tax, kids)

Darrell Issa was a professional car thief (not kidding, look it up) who then marketed his "skill set" by selling car alarms. He also financed the ridiculous California governor recall, thinking he could buy the job for himself, only to have Enron and the BCE pull the rug out from under him and put Herr Gropenator in as their chosen puppet.

Diane Feinstein and Jane Harman - two DLC false "Democrat" whores who have personally profited from the "defense" industry and the Chimp/PNAC wars. Which both of them voted for, naturally.

I find it hard to believe that Judas IsKerryot is the richest guy in the Senate, but I suspect whomever compiled this list probably counted his wife's money (which she got from her first husband) as his. Wealth by marriage seems fairly innocuous though, given the other examples mentioned.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Mark Warner, the idiot Senator from my state, made his millions by insider-trading. SEC, where are you?

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I thought he got rich by selling those portable radiation generating cancer farms that you mortals call "cell phones"?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    Everyone knows members of congress are insider trading and taking huge bribes. These guys spend all their money to get elected go to Washington sometimes with campaign debt to pay and then end up getting rich peddling their influence. Why nobody is putting a stop to this is most of them have obviously been bought off.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:45 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    Indeed.

Besides, if I had that kind of money, I would rather be enjoying life rather than fighting those pissing matches in Congress everyday.
    Everyday? They have a good deal of the year off...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    I find it hard to believe that Judas IsKerryot is the richest guy in the Senate, but I suspect whomever compiled this list probably counted his wife's money (which she got from her first husband) as his. Wealth by marriage seems fairly innocuous though, given the other examples mentioned.
    It's the Heinz fortune of his wife, Kerry doesn't have money....

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    It's the Heinz fortune of his wife, Kerry doesn't have money....

Well, he went sailing with the Kennedys as a kid, and went to a private school in Norway, so I'd guess he was always "sort of" rich, at least.

But yeah, this is obviously Teresa's money being talked about here in this article (or more accurately, John Heinz's money).

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Kerry's wife bought a french chataue had it disassembled moved to Sun Valley, Idaho and rebuilt there. My brother in law was manager of a freight depot and sometimes would deliver smaller deliveries himself in the company van if the big trucks were busy. It was Christmas time and he was making some deliveries in Sun Valley and one quite heavy box was for Senator Kerry and his wife. They were throwing a big Christmas party and they had ordered new silverware for it. He said the estate was majorly nice.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-26-2014 @ 09:15 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Who cares how much they are worth, does it make a big difference in anything. The things that are important is that they, the government, use our tax dollars for building solid infrastructure, keeping our military strong, keeping our schools well run and kids safe, protecting our borders, cut the entitlement and give away programs and make people that are not old or disabled go and work and staying as far the fuck away from our free enterprise system that creates jobs and economic growth.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MUSICMANN View Post
    Who cares how much they are worth, does it make a big difference in anything. The things that are important is that they, the government, use our tax dollars for building solid infrastructure, keeping our military strong, keeping our schools well run and kids safe, protecting our borders, cut the entitlement and give away programs and make people that are not old or disabled go and work and staying as far the fuck away from our free enterprise system that creates jobs and economic growth.
    Well, in this case, a Biblical principle applies... contrary to a common misconception, it's not money itself that is the root of all evil, but the love of money.

For example, the Kennedys were rich as fuck, but they wanted to do what they could to improve the world. (Yeah old Joe did some sleazy shit in his time, but his sons more than made up for it, at least before they were murdered) And whatever your opinion of Microsoft and its products, there's no question that Bill Gates has done some good things with his money.

On the other hand you have the BCE, Romney, the Walton family (the Arkansas branch, not John Boy and his clan), the oil companies, the KKKochs, etc. who love nothing more than money, making more money, and shitting all over their fellow human beings, and mother Earth to get that money.

That's the difference. Unfortunately, the policies of the last 30 years are all about the evil rich, and not the good rich. Who seem to be in the minority these days.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Money is just a form of man made power. Like I said the really smart power mongers go into finance and if you go to the top of the fianance pyramid it's old money running it. Europe has been ran behind the scenes by the same families for at least 300 years. It's why the center of the west's financial fraud is in the City of London. It's the most deregulated financial center in the world. More deregulated than even Wall Street.

The focus has always been to take over the political system. They were making bigger and bigger inroads there but also computer technology was coming on line fast. So what the banks did was they took everyone's money and put it in an electronic system that frankly had never been tested and it's integrity was questionable so they can make huge amounts of money flash trading and this and that. Then if there is a problem, no problem because you own enough politicians they will bail you out and keep the pubic arguing over red herrings and distract them with entertainment like the Romans did. Divide them with party politics and buy both sides.

I think more and more people are seeing what has happened. I think when we eventually dig into the central banks and see what they were doing they colluded and created an underground economy larger than the one the average person saw on top. I think it will be amazing to see actually how far these bankers took things away from reality using computers to do it.

Of course the bankers don't want this but the political battle is turning against them and so they are trying to start more wars as a distracton. If they can set off another big enough war then they can say we all need to sacrifice to get rid of this menace and then they make money off the war.

I think that's playing out because frankly, they are running out of countries to invade and the only big enough one to get a real war going is Iran. They are trying to pull Russia and China into it but they aren't taking the bait.

But nothing changes until we get rid of more scum in the government and start throwing some bankers into jail. Meanwhile they are trying to turn us into a police state so that won't happen but they don't control enough peons to enforce their lame unconstitutional laws. Until you have enough people with a gun on your side to enforce your lame excuses you really have no power. It was agnets in the ATF that busted Fast and Furrious. Now the establishment is threatening government agents with job loses or even using the excuse of espianage to throw them in jail.

So the war has started inside the federal government itself. It's government employees who are on the front lines right now that is where the war really is. So we need to give Washington DC one big enema while Europe cleans itself. The west needs to take the garbage out.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 08-04-2012 at 02:59 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Well, in this case, a Biblical principle applies... contrary to a common misconception, it's not money itself that is the root of all evil, but the love of money.

For example, the Kennedys were rich as fuck, but they wanted to do what they could to improve the world. (Yeah old Joe did some sleazy shit in his time, but his sons more than made up for it, at least before they were murdered) And whatever your opinion of Microsoft and its products, there's no question that Bill Gates has done some good things with his money.

On the other hand you have the BCE, Romney, the Walton family (the Arkansas branch, not John Boy and his clan), the oil companies, the KKKochs, etc. who love nothing more than money, making more money, and shitting all over their fellow human beings, and mother Earth to get that money.

That's the difference. Unfortunately, the policies of the last 30 years are all about the evil rich, and not the good rich. Who seem to be in the minority these days.
    To fix a problem you need to understand the problem. Jack and Bobby Kennedy came from a newer money elitist family. Joe wanted to become part of the Morgan and Rockefeller crowd. I don't think he was ever fully accepted. I think Jack and Bobby saw a lot they didn't like. I think Jack fully knew the center of the problem was the Federal Reserve Bank and was the last president to take it on. As soon as they killed Kennedy and they got their cronies Johnson and Nixon in there, we have never recovered from it. Whoever wanted JFK dead and I believe it to be the Federal Reserve board has done enormouse damage to the US since. I think the corruption has come to a head now. What we see now is the end result of what happened in the early 60's.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-26-2014 @ 09:15 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    To fix a problem you need to understand the problem. Jack and Bobby Kennedy came from a newer money elitist family. Joe wanted to become part of the Morgan and Rockefeller crowd. I don't think he was ever fully accepted. I think Jack and Bobby saw a lot they didn't like. I think Jack fully knew the center of the problem was the Federal Reserve Bank and was the last president to take it on. As soon as they killed Kennedy and they got their cronies Johnson and Nixon in there, we have never recovered from it. Whoever wanted JFK dead and I believe it to be the Federal Reserve board has done enormouse damage to the US since. I think the corruption has come to a head now. What we see now is the end result of what happened in the early 60's.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think the thing that infuriates me most about conspiracy theories is that they are all a sideshow distraction.

Most of the worst shit is being done completely out in the open. You don't need elaborate plots and CIA murders to have vast power and wealth.

20. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (08-06-2012)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I think the thing that infuriates me most about conspiracy theories is that they are all a sideshow distraction.

Most of the worst shit is being done completely out in the open. You don't need elaborate plots and CIA murders to have vast power and wealth.
    Most people think it's people like Bill Gates or Warren Buffet that have the money. They are rich but those guys don't sit on central banking boards. If you want to know who the fat cats really are find out who sits on your central banking board and who prints your nations money. I can guarentee they aren't people doing public interviews all the time or mugging for the camera. The average person has no idea who these people are. They have huge amounts of money stashed away in variouse foundations and they usually buy influence in the form of grants. They actually desquise their bribery as charity. I mean these people are really smart and with a dumb public, hard to get at.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

People who are suffering in the current economic situation could at least watch Mitt Romney's horse compete in the Olympic dressage last week.

Over the last year he has spent $76 000 dancing horse expenses and if that doesn't keep him grounded with the average guy on the street, I don't know what will...

23. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

bueno bob (08-06-2012)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

"Mrs Romney, who will travel to London next week with her husband to attend the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games, said that horses had become her passion and joy in life after she was diagnosed with MS nearly 14 years ago.

"Horses have been my therapy, they've been my joy, my passion in life, I wish everyone could have a passion, like I have this passion," she said, "I love horses; they have been my companion through my dark hours as I was recovering, they gave me strength and joy and hope.

Now in remission, Mrs Romney spoke frankly about her battle against the disease and how it had taught her to understand the meaning of suffering and the value of her family – husband, five sons and now 18 grandchildren.

"It humbled me. It crushed me to dust. And they when it leaves you there with nothing, then you have to learn to say 'what are the little pieces I can start to pick up, that can give value to my life again?'," she recalled.

"Of course that is family and friends. Those are the people that saved me and rallied around me in my darkest hour, because I went in a pretty dark hole." Mrs Romney, who has Welsh ancestry, has become an important part of her husband's campaign, softening his image as a management titan who has an awkward manner with ordinary voters.
    She added that her experience with MS had enabled her to sympathise and understand people who were facing difficulties.
    "I can relate to someone whose going through a really hard time, because I can say 'I know what you feel like, I know how hard it is," she said on Good Morning America."

How ridiculously out of touch can a silly twat be...?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Did they put the horse on the roof?

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    12-10-2014 @ 10:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

How ridiculously out of touch can a silly twat be...?
    That'll piss off anyone that has had to deal with MS or any other catastrophic illness. <.<

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,003 Posts

Blog Entries
    I know I have crazy ideas at times... but was wondering how many jobs could be created if the money spent on the 2012 presidential election was pumped into the economy to create jobs rather than elect/reelect the next Bozo...

As of Aug 6th... $154 million spent on political ads. in a simple equation that's 3080 $50,000 jobs. But that doesn't even tip the ripple effect that with every job added, houses are bought/sold, services used and causes ripples across a wide range large and small local business.

Wouldn't it be bizarre if a candidate would directly approach any/all PAC's/Super PAC's and say... hey take that money and forget ad space. Go create jobs. Real jobs. Then let me run on that... odds are it would never happen. But damn... I'd sure like to see a $$billion dollars get pumped into this economy than just wasted on advertisement space that helps little to no one!!!

Source: http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/ca...ditures/totals

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 09:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 859 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    That'll piss off anyone that has had to deal with MS or any other catastrophic illness. <.<
    Especially the people without millions of dollars and comprehensive health care coverage to take care of it...

29. Thanked bueno bob for this KICKASS post:

Blaze (08-06-2012)

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-27-2016 @ 08:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,252 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    Indeed.

That's what gets me about it.

If i had that kind of money and wanted 'give something back' I can think of much less stressful - and more immediate - ways of doing so.

What is it? Ego?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Gangsters are even better at PR. Al Capone ran the best soup kitchens and John Gotti always bought the 4th of July fireworks. The average dolts in their communities loved them.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    I know I have crazy ideas at times... but was wondering how many jobs could be created if the money spent on the 2012 presidential election was pumped into the economy to create jobs rather than elect/reelect the next Bozo...
    Good luck with getting the media involved in that campaign.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,003 Posts

Blog Entries
    Good luck with getting the media involved in that campaign.
    I know... like I said crazy ideas.

It's just a shame to see so many hundreds of millions of dollars spent on bullshit that helps virtually no one in this economy except media outlets and a handful of political jackasses...

ALABAMA CHROME!
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2017 @ 03:00 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    I know... like I said crazy ideas.

It's just a shame to see so many hundreds of millions of dollars spent on bullshit that helps virtually no one in this economy except media outlets and a handful of political jackasses...
    You're right on. I've thought the same thing. Pair that line of thinking with proposing to make all congressional jobs paid at the federal minimum wage and forcing those same politicians to pay for their own healthcare and retirement.

I wonder who would vote for change of that type...

Thread Information