Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 78/84 guy
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2005

IS this album even close to gold yet ? I'm to lazy to look. Still listen to my version of it (changed the running order) at least once a week.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
      Head Fluffer
      • Apr 2012

Went to the RIAA website and they don't show it as Gold, although i could've sworn i read somewhere that it was. So, i suppose as far as the RIAA is concerned, it's not.

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
        IS this album even close to gold yet ? I'm to lazy to look. Still listen to my version of it (changed the running order) at least once a week.
        Just curious - what's your track order?
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Here's mine...

She's The Woman

You and Your Blues

Chinatown

As Is

Outta Space

Stay Frosty

Big River

That's usually how I listen to it...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Here's mine...

She's The Woman

You and Your Blues

Chinatown

As Is

Outta Space

Stay Frosty

Big River

finally got some old korn compilation cd out of my motorcycle, been stuck in there for years. got a fresh copy of adkot and put it in the player, it won't play...
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• VAiN
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by ELVIS
              Here's mine...

She's The Woman

You and Your Blues

Chinatown

As Is

Outta Space

Stay Frosty

Big River

Interesting.. I get skipping Tattoo, but Bullethead, Blood & Fire and HBSD? That's the meat of the VH sammich right there..
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                finally got some old korn compilation cd out of my motorcycle, been stuck in there for years. got a fresh copy of adkot and put it in the player, it won't play...
                Is it a CDR or a 'real' CD? Sucks man... Might have to get a new bike.

Comment

• So this is love
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2012

In the car these days when I'm alone my running order is Stay Frosty, Big River and Beats workin'. Big River is my favorite now.
                  Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by VAiN
                    Is it a CDR or a 'real' CD? Sucks man... Might have to get a new bike.
                    a real one, the extra i had to buy to get the tshirt that won't fit me...
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• VAiN
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                      a real one, the extra i had to buy to get the tshirt that won't fit me...
                      I did that too! Had to get the shirt! I think I've bought this CD 4 times now..

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by VAiN
                        Just curious - what's your track order?
                        1 .China Town- Should have been the first single hands down ! What a mistake.
                        2. Trouble With never- Kicks in good here. Love the solo.
                        3. Outta Space- Works good here. Might be one of the best songs on the album.
                        4. Stay Frosty
                        5. Big River- Kind of gets lost at the end of the album
                        6. As Is
                        7. Honeybaby- Didn't want to break it away from As Is. They work great together
                        8. You & Your Blues -Love it
                        9. Bullethead
                        10 .Shes The Woman
                        11. Blood & Fire
                        12. Tattoo
                        13. Beats Workin' -Not a favorite but love the jam at the end. The album pace is just not that great for me. Love it this way.

Comment

• VAiN
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I'm making that playlist, sticking it on the pod and giving it a few listens in the car..

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

I kind of like the way the tracks were sequenced on the album.

I'd agree Tattoo isn't the strongest track on the album, but as a single it was the obvious choice (unless one thinks Dance The Night Away, Pretty Woman and Jump are the best tunes from their respective albums): it was gonna be the most accessible in terms of casual fans.

She's The Woman ups the ante. You And Your Blues is a decent holding pattern.

The album really kicks in hard with Chinatown.

I'd agree that Big River DOES get kinda lost being slotted in towards the end...it's a great ficking track.

I like Beats Workin'/Turn Out The Lights, but the intro seems a bit ripped off from Fools...and also a bit overlong, particularly coming not too far after the extended outro of Stay Frosty two tracks back.

I'd also agree with those who are a little less than thrilled with the overall sound of the album. When I play it loud in the car, it all bleeds together into a sonic mush. It sounds okay at lower levels, but when cranked it loses clarity. Like, I can crank Fair Warning at 11 and not experience a muddyness of sound, you know?
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Apr 2005

I like Tattoo still. It gets slammed for no reason. Other than the fact they made it a single. I just didn't want Blood & Fire at the end. As Is & Honeybaby are in a great slot so I didn't want to move them to much. To me with the early albums they always seemed to kick off with the best tunes. Thinking Woman & Children and Fair Warning. So thats why I kicked it off with China Town.

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                                I like Tattoo still. It gets slammed for no reason. Other than the fact they made it a single. I just didn't want Blood & Fire at the end. As Is & Honeybaby are in a great slot so I didn't want to move them to much. To me with the early albums they always seemed to kick off with the best tunes. Thinking Woman & Children and Fair Warning. So thats why I kicked it off with China Town.
                                Far as WACF, I was never a HUGE fan of ATCWR...definitely not in comparison to the rest of the album.

I dunno, for me most of the Van Halen tracks I liked the best weren't at the beginning of the albums. Usually, they were in the middle (am thinking along the lines of I'm The One, Atomic Punk, Somebody Get Me A Doctor, Outta Love Again, Romeo Delight, Sinner's Swing, Hear About It Later, etc.)
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...