Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunisinuS
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • May 2010

I loved in through the out door....fucking classic cuts....Fool in the Rain....Carus.....I guess motherchicken you prefer the "I wanna hold your hand" era of Zep....I am sorry that you ignore the Black Album of Zep. As plant said "Paul and I recorded it in the Dark...alone".

Nothing at all wrong with that album. Still sloppy Page playing with moments of brilliance...and Bonham spot on.

Least learn something about a bands catalogue....not everything is political.
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• motherchicken
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SunisinuS
      I loved in through the out door....fucking classic cuts....Fool in the Rain....Carus.....I guess motherchicken you prefer the "I wanna hold your hand" era of Zep....I am sorry that you ignore the Black Album of Zep. As plant said "Paul and I recorded it in the Dark...alone".

Nothing at all wrong with that album. Still sloppy Page playing with moments of brilliance...and Bonham spot on.

Not sure what to make of that last line. I 'm very knowledgable about Zep at least up to the time Bonzo died. My older brothers were rockers. I remember listening to the first album on a mono phonograph because that's all we had at the time. I never saw them live but I had all their albums. When I got my license it was 8 tracks, then cassettes, then cds. I've got Song Remains The Same on VHS and DVD. I've got How The West Was Won on cd and dvd. In Through The Out Door wasn't their Black Album. That would be LZ4 or 4Sticks or whatever you call the one with Stairway To Heaven on it. I've even heard it called ZOSO. After Presence and Physical Graffiti, In Through The Out Door was a major step backwards. Too much keyboard, not enough guitar. It wasn't the worst album ever made but it was a step in the wrong direction.

Comment

• Yount
        Commando
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by SunisinuS

Oh yeah baby, motherchicken damn man, have another listen. This album is untouchable, no other band can do this, admit it with fresh ears. Bonham on Fool In The Rain (and Plant) as well as the whole album - sends shivers up and down my spine. Oh and JPJ! I never got all that ridiculous "dinosaur" tag in the press - really, what were they supposed to do? - when you hear the new A DIFFERENT KIND OF TRUTH album you appreciate In Through The Out Door a little more. Plants lyrics alone make this album a must listen.

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

Fool in the rain is classic... It was my friends with benefits bumping uglies song for years.

Comment

• Yount
            Commando
            • Jan 2012

Didn't Plant and/or Page suffer from the death of their children prior to this album? the mammoth Led Zep was falling apart.... and then Bonham went... such a sad way for a band to end. Gotta be very thankful VH came to fill the void because I don't think too many bands can touch Zeppelin in terms of scope of human emotion and depth of understanding, I've always loved the story they have told (even though I'll tolerate the masturbatory Whole Lotte Love stuff) in particular this last album touches on themes that are so close to the human experience in all of us

sorry to ramble on

Comment

• Yount
              Commando
              • Jan 2012

Touches on themes? That's maybe an understatement!

Comment

• Yount
                Commando
                • Jan 2012

Listened to ADKOT 4 times this week.

Can go the distance every time, no skips. Good endorsement.

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

Yeah I get it yount man... Swannnnniesss!!! Storm tomorrow,

I'm a feather in the wind.

Comment

• Yount
                    Commando
                    • Jan 2012

Yeah bloods!!!!

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Fool in the rain is class love it tho bumping uglies to it , funny rhythm . I need something a bit like my timing speeding up near the end and shorter
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Apr 2005

In Through The Outdoor is a great album. Fool In The Rain & In THe Evening are classic ! Hot Dog is Plants best Elvis. And Pagey's solo on it is fucking classic ! It's the only guitar solo that makes me laugh ! Page said in interviews that he talked to Bonham about how he wanted the next album to be heavier. But we all know what happened. What a shame. As far as ADKOT. I still go out of my way to listen too it a few times a week. Love it from start to finish. I think it will be hard for them to top it. But I hope they try !!

Comment

• Zing!
                          Veteran
                          • Oct 2011

ADKOT is part of the 7-pack in my book. Like it just as much (or even better) than some of the first 6. Pretty amazing when you think about it. At this point I was just hoping for a VH base hit, and they knocked it out of the park.
                          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Zing!
                            ADKOT is part of the 7-pack in my book. Like it just as much (or even better) than some of the first 6. Pretty amazing when you think about it. At this point I was just hoping for a VH base hit, and they knocked it out of the park.
                            Am with you all the way
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• motherchicken
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Yount
                              Didn't Plant and/or Page suffer from the death of their children prior to this album? the mammoth Led Zep was falling apart.... and then Bonham went... such a sad way for a band to end. Gotta be very thankful VH came to fill the void because I don't think too many bands can touch Zeppelin in terms of scope of human emotion and depth of understanding, I've always loved the story they have told (even though I'll tolerate the masturbatory Whole Lotte Love stuff) in particular this last album touches on themes that are so close to the human experience in all of us

sorry to ramble on
                              No big catastrophe in the members lives while recording that album but there was plenty before that. Plant lost a son and got fucked up in a car crash just a few years before. It was or seemed like it was a long time between albums though. Zep used to put one out every couple of years but I think three passed between Presence and In Though The Out Door. I guess I enjoyed the lets party stuff more than the I have feelings too stuff. I think it's more of a that's not what I'm used to from them thing. Just like 1984. I want the Running With The Devil Van Halen not the Jump Van Halen.

Comment

• motherchicken
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Zing!
                                That's where we differ. I like the first four (not so much number three) then bits of the rest. I can say the same about most of my favorite bands. Aerosmith made three goods one then went downhill. Ted made a couple. GNR had a couple. Maybe I just don't like change.

Comment

Working...