X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Northern Girl
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
    I think Ugg Boots are crap and a big ripoff. I got a pair, not the popular kind
    I never saw the attraction of those, especially celebs wearing them in the summer.

Didn't Fab work for Uggs?
    Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Northern Girl
      Seems all the women here live where it gets nippley!
      Apparently, the new girl "blondie-something" is from Orlando. Wonder if she has Uggs?

Oh dear.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
        Reebok are unstable.
        What's this mean?

Originally posted by Northern Girl
        Didn't Fab work for Uggs?
        "Uggg" is what most of us said when she posted...
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Angel
          What's your username at Skinny Gossip?
          "Skeletal Remains"

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Oh, and Uggs are for ugggggggggllly women.

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

Uggs are so ugly!!! Skinny women look like they have fallen into them and can't get out, while bigger women look like the Michelin man in them.
              The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• envy_me
                Swedish Love Pump
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by twonabomber
                What's this mean?

The ones I had had no stability. The insole was way too soft without any shape at all, and it in at least ones I always felt like I was gonna sprain an ankle or something.
                In my opinion good sports shoes should have good arch support and give a sort of resistance.
                I used to do a lot of aerobics and running when i had more time so i have tried a few brands Unfortunately I was at doctors today and I have heel spur in my right heel

But that is just my experience and doesn't really mean anything. Everybodys feet are different and what I might find unstable is perfect for somebody else. Every time I try a pair of Adidas it just feels like they made them especially for my feet. They fit perfectly.
                Last edited by envy_me; 09-20-2013, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• envy_me
                  Swedish Love Pump
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Dec 2010

Ok, so we have REALLY ugly Uggs and Crocs. And there is actually a third type of extremely ugly shoes: moonboots Terrible!!!

People actually buy this stuff.

Comment

• Igosplut
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

How come you like steel toe?
                    Drop a lot of heavy shit on my toes....
                    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Ok, so we have REALLY ugly Uggs and Crocs. And there is actually a third type of extremely ugly shoes: moonboots Terrible!!!

People actually buy this stuff.

I had a pair a few years ago. They were rated for -40 weather, and not very expensive. That's how I pick my boots. Don't give a fuck what they look like as long as my feet don't freeze. They weren't as warm as they claimed.

I'm hoping I can afford these this year:

Not pretty to look at, but can trudge through the snow without freezing your tootsies off!
                      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• envy_me
                        Swedish Love Pump
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Angel
                        I had a pair a few years ago. They were rated for -40 weather, and not very expensive. That's how I pick my boots. Don't give a fuck what they look like as long as my feet don't freeze. They weren't as warm as they claimed.

I'm hoping I can afford these this year:

Not pretty to look at, but can trudge through the snow without freezing your tootsies off!

My friends used to sell these. We all worked in a department store just for shoes. They aren't warm. They should only be used in a ski slope or other areas where there is only snow, no pavement or anything like that.

Why don't you buy the same ones I got? I guarantee that they are warm. I only wore my beige ones once further away then just around the building where I live. I wore them for maybe 2 hours and every time we got back to the car I had to take them off cause they were so warm.
                        The sole is really good. Wait I'll copy and paste the specifications:

Beautifully feminine boots with a hard-wearing rubber sole. Fashionable fur lining provides superb insulation from the cold. Removable fur insole adds further insulation from beneath the foot. Innovative Receptor® technology supports foot intelligently and adds stability. Stylish nubuck construction in black, brown and sepia. Notice, all fur used in this product is synthetic.

ECCO Receptor® Technology is the outcome of a comprehensive two-year study of the ins and outs of the human bare foot. They define a realm beyond mere comfort - where your shoes enhance your experience by encouraging your feet to move precisely the way nature designed them to.

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Yes, they are warm. These are Baffin Resolute boots, not regular skidoo boots like you probably had in your shop. There are different ratings. Those ones are rated to -120 or something like that. We don't have much pavement in the winter.

Stockholm doesn't get nearly as cold as we do here. I don't think one can comprehend how cold it gets here unless they've experienced it. To compare...Stockholm's coldest temperature ever recorded is -32. That's our average temperature in January. Without the windchill. If you've ever stood in a -58 windchill waiting for a bus, you don't give a damn about looks...staying warm is all that matters. You showed us your boots last year. They'd be fine for say, Toronto...but would not cut it here!

What I would really like is these:

But...I don't have 350 for a pair of boots.
                          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• envy_me
                            Swedish Love Pump
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Dec 2010

No, I meant the moon boots aren't warm and only for skiing and snow.

The Baffin ones look very warm and solid.

That is so strange about the temperature, I thought we were more north they you are. It NEVER gets to -50 here. I'd die if it did, lol.
                            Last edited by envy_me; 09-21-2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

You are farther north than us, lol. The prairies are weird, we're often colder here than Whitehorse which is in the Yukon (way up North). I think it has something to do with lack of trees and coast, but as I'm not very scientifically oriented, I'm not really sure. We have extreme temperatures on the prairies usually. Extremely cold in winter, extremely hot in summer. It's rarely comfortable. One of the reasons I want to move back to the mountains, lol.

Only felt -50 once, and never want to again! The liquid in your eyes freezes in two seconds and you can hear the little icicles in your eyes crunch every time you blink.

The moonboots were great in Edmonton, but not warm enough here. Warmest boots I ever had were seal skin. I'd love anothe pair, but they cost a small fortune and I don't know any Inuit people that could make some for me. Mukluk's are the absolute best cold weather footwear...and they're beautiful!

Comment

Working...