Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314

Thread: SHOES!!! - shoe-talk

Swedish Love Pump ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    I had a pair a few years ago. They were rated for -40 weather, and not very expensive. That's how I pick my boots. Don't give a fuck what they look like as long as my feet don't freeze. They weren't as warm as they claimed.

I'm hoping I can afford these this year:
    http://www.winterfootwear.com/cgi-bi...fullsize=large

Not pretty to look at, but can trudge through the snow without freezing your tootsies off!

My friends used to sell these. We all worked in a department store just for shoes. They aren't warm. They should only be used in a ski slope or other areas where there is only snow, no pavement or anything like that.

Why don't you buy the same ones I got? I guarantee that they are warm. I only wore my beige ones once further away then just around the building where I live. I wore them for maybe 2 hours and every time we got back to the car I had to take them off cause they were so warm.
    The sole is really good. Wait I'll copy and paste the specifications:

Beautifully feminine boots with a hard-wearing rubber sole. Fashionable fur lining provides superb insulation from the cold. Removable fur insole adds further insulation from beneath the foot. Innovative Receptor® technology supports foot intelligently and adds stability. Stylish nubuck construction in black, brown and sepia. Notice, all fur used in this product is synthetic.

ECCO Receptor® Technology is the outcome of a comprehensive two-year study of the ins and outs of the human bare foot. They define a realm beyond mere comfort - where your shoes enhance your experience by encouraging your feet to move precisely the way nature designed them to.
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes, they are warm. These are Baffin Resolute boots, not regular skidoo boots like you probably had in your shop. There are different ratings. Those ones are rated to -120 or something like that. We don't have much pavement in the winter.

Stockholm doesn't get nearly as cold as we do here. I don't think one can comprehend how cold it gets here unless they've experienced it. To compare...Stockholm's coldest temperature ever recorded is -32. That's our average temperature in January. Without the windchill. If you've ever stood in a -58 windchill waiting for a bus, you don't give a damn about looks...staying warm is all that matters. You showed us your boots last year. They'd be fine for say, Toronto...but would not cut it here!

What I would really like is these:

Attachment 10876

But...I don't have 350 for a pair of boots.
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Swedish Love Pump ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No, I meant the moon boots aren't warm and only for skiing and snow.

The Baffin ones look very warm and solid.

That is so strange about the temperature, I thought we were more north they you are. It NEVER gets to -50 here. I'd die if it did, lol.
    Last edited by envy_me; 09-21-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You are farther north than us, lol. The prairies are weird, we're often colder here than Whitehorse which is in the Yukon (way up North). I think it has something to do with lack of trees and coast, but as I'm not very scientifically oriented, I'm not really sure. We have extreme temperatures on the prairies usually. Extremely cold in winter, extremely hot in summer. It's rarely comfortable. One of the reasons I want to move back to the mountains, lol.

Only felt -50 once, and never want to again! The liquid in your eyes freezes in two seconds and you can hear the little icicles in your eyes crunch every time you blink.

The moonboots were great in Edmonton, but not warm enough here. Warmest boots I ever had were seal skin. I'd love anothe pair, but they cost a small fortune and I don't know any Inuit people that could make some for me. Mukluk's are the absolute best cold weather footwear...and they're beautiful!

Thread Information