X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Two Dead, 9 Wounded at Empire State Building

Ok, this is just office buzz still so I don't know the full story, but apparently, someone who got canned yesterday went back and took out the guy who canned him an 7 others who just so happened to be there before a cop took him out with one to the dome.

If someone can post the official news on this BS here, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

Just been on uk news 2 dead and more injured in the gun fight
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Oh, 9 shot then. Thanks. Craziness.

Can someone edit my title to just Shooting at...

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

2 killed, 9 injured in shooting near Empire State Building

Gloria Walker describes witnessing the shooting at the Empire State Building to WNBC: "It was pandemonium."
        By Andrew Mach, Shimon Prokupecz and Jonathan Dienst, NBC News

Two people were killed and nine injured in a shooting incident Friday morning outside the Empire State Building by a disgruntled ex-employee of a nearby business, officials said.

The suspected gunman, Jeffrey Johnson, 53, who was laid off a year ago, approached a former co-worker on the street and shot him three times, killing him, NYPD Commissioner Raymond Kelly said.

A construction worker who witnessed the incident followed Johnson as he walked away, Kelly said. The construction worker alerted police, who confronted Johnson. He turned his .45-caliber pistol on the officers, and was killed as they opened fire, Kelly said.

Some of those injured in the incident may have been hit by police bullets, he said, adding that the nine injured are expected to survive.

Kelly said Johnson was a designer of women's accessories at Hazan Imports until he was laid-off in a downsizing sometime last year.

Witnesses described a chaotic scene Friday morning on streets crowded with tourists and commuters alike.

WNBC provides coverage of a mass shooting near the Empire State Building in New York City.

"I heard pop, pop, pop, pop, and I ran back into my offices,” Gloria Walker, a witness, told NBC News. "I ran, I ran, I ran."

The FDNY told NBC News they responded to a call about the shooting at Fifth Avenue and 34th Street at 9:07 a.m. Friday and arrived at 9:13 a.m.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

So in other words, the two killed were the gunman and the guy he targeted. And everyone else was shot by the cops?
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Yay guns !!!
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• katina
              Commando
              • Mar 2012

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/24/ju...ate/?hpt=hp_t3

New York (CNN) -- A shooting and gunbattle left two people dead and at least nine others wounded in front of the Empire State Building Friday, authorities said.
              The shooter was one of the two killed, according to investigators. They identified him as Jeffrey Johnson, 56, who was laid off last year and apparently killed a former co-worker near the building, shooting the 41-year-old victim in the head.
              Clad in a business suit and carrying a briefcase, police say the gunman apparently had a longstanding dispute with the victim over allegations of harassment in the work place.
              A construction worker followed the gunman after the initial shots and alerted officers. The suspect then fired on police and they returned fire, killing him, said Police Commissioner Ray Kelly.
              Two police officers are being treated at a nearby hospital, though all injuries are not considered life threatening, said Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
              Some of the victims may have been hit by shots fired by police officers, Bloomberg said.
              Witnesses recount chaotic, unsettling scene at Empire State shooting
              Empire State shooting a 'surreal scene'
              Johnson was a Manhattan resident and had worked as a designer of women's accessories at Hazan Imports.
              He used a .45-caliber semi-automatic handgun and he was also carrying additional ammunition in his brief case, police said.
              Witnesses said police shot the man at least three times.
              "It's just a crazy scene here," said Rebecca Fox, who works across the street from the famous skyscraper. She said she had been getting coffee with her headphones on when she saw people running.
              Fox said she saw a woman who had been shot near a local brewery, as well as blood splattered on the sidewalk.
              One witness -- 22-year-old Max Kaplan -- said he heard at least nine shots and saw ambulances race to the scene.
              "We're all very shaken up at the office," he said.
              Aaron Herman, a CNN iReporter, painted a portrait of confusion.
              "It was a little chaotic, police had barricaded the area and I saw one woman who was a victim, I think she had been grazed," he said. "Some said they heard around three 'pops' and ran into nearby local stores to be safe."
              The White House said top aides told President Barack Obama about the shooting around 9:30 a.m. The shooting does not appear to be linked to terrorism, authorities said.
              Local and federal authorities who converged on the building around 9 a.m. closed several streets around 5th Avenue and 34th Street, snarling traffic in the heart of Manhattan.
              Shortly after the incident, Manhattan's Bellevue Medical Center reported that it was treating six victims suffering from gunshot wounds, who were at the Empire State Building Friday. All the injuries were not life threatening, according to hospital spokeswoman Alice Ramos.
              The Empire State Building is one of the most famous skyscrapers in the world and one of New York City's best-known tourist attractions.
              Each year, about 4 million people visit the building's two observation decks. At more than 1,453 feet tall, the landmark building reaches more than a quarter-mile into the sky.
              The area typically has a large security presence.
              "There's always a focus and concentration on the building," said retired police officer Lou Palumbo
              "That building gets special attention."
              The Empire State Building Company said in a statement Friday that "the building is fully operational at this time," and that police are investigating the incident.
              CNN's Rose Arce, Poppy Harlow, Mark Norman, Rob Frehse, Leora Kapelus and Pauline Kim contributed to this report

Comment

• Angel
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

How's that right to bear arms working out for you USA?
                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Angel
                  you have scarier cannibals
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• envy_me
                    Swedish Love Pump
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                    you have scarier cannibals
                    Name one cannibal that can eat one person and snack at 9 other people in a matter of minutes.
                    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by envy_me
                      Name one cannibal that can eat one person and snack at 9 other people in a matter of minutes.
                      froderick
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                        I did a little reading... appears Canada's gun laws aren't all that restrictive beyond the every gun must be registered aspect. So I wouldn't exactly say from where you're sitting is all that different... you just haven't had the amount of crackpots going off as your neighbor.
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'm going to make a prediction here that bad pharmaceuticals had as much to do with this shooting as guns did. Of course you will probably never hear about that in the corporate media. And just one look at the commercials on TV will tell you why..... Mediawhores aren't going to bite the hand of the beast from Hell that feeds them.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

If this turns out to another case of the gun having been registered and acquired 100% legally it's not going to motivate either side of the gun control debate...
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                              I did a little reading... appears Canada's gun laws aren't all that restrictive beyond the every gun must be registered aspect. So I wouldn't exactly say from where you're sitting is all that different... you just haven't had the amount of crackpots going off as your neighbor.
                              I think it goes a little deeper...if you have any kind of checkered past, I am not sure you are getting a license.

You are right though...not a huge gap, other than a mentality that we just don't need them around at all other than for hunting.
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...