Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status

Republicans are finished

Seems I am not the only person who can see the glaringly obvious.

Ok Brie....get your hanky out. Time for the little baby to sob for Mommee......

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/opi...,7920623.story

Republicans are finished

Win, lose or draw in November, the Republican Party is over, finished, kaput. How do I know? Tampa tells me so — -and demographics.

At what should have been the culmination of four years of relentless plotting against President Obama, and in an election cycle that was its to lose, the GOP self-destructed, staging a convention that never got off the ground. It started and stopped and sputtered in between.

But it wasn't because of Tropical Storm Isaac. The rain or shine outside had nothing to do with the climate inside, where conditions were inclement at best. Fact is: hardly anyone really likes Mitt Romney, even people who say they do — and it showed. He's everybody's Cracker Jack box without a prize, the kid to whose birthday party no one wants to be invited to, even though his house has a swimming pool. He's the would-be head of the richest and most powerful nation on earth, from whom you wouldn't buy a vacuum cleaner without a money-back guarantee.

It appears the only way he could get anyone except his wife to speak on his behalf was to let them unofficially launch their 2016 campaigns for president — and barely mention him.

But that's not the worst of it. Pick an issue, any issue. The Elephant Party has become the Ostrich Party — burying its head in the sand, refusing to face reality and build bridges to millions of potential supporters. This year's convention was an apotheosis of all the mean-spirited attacks the tea party/Republicans have been waging against women, gays and lesbians, healthcare reform, China, Russia, undocumented immigrants, Iran, Iraq, Social Security, Medicare — without so much as a single, realistic, workable, compassionate solution to attract undecided voters. The GOP today is largely a party of rabid, old, white men in the unhappy dusk of their lives, railing against a nation in which they are no longer the dominant players. It is sad to watch — and sadder to be one of them. You can smell the mothballs of their memories and memorabilia (hats and banners resurrected for the convention), read the rage in their eyes.

And then, there was Romney's desperate pandering to thespians. Clint Eastwood lost every vestige of dignity and respect he might still have had by talking to an empty chair, undercutting what was supposed to have been Romney's shining moment. And inconceivably, Romney, ever the kid no one wanted to play with, actually made the executive decision to allow him to speak without vetting his remarks, just to show people he had a friend. But it backfired miserably. If Ronald Reagan vindicated the role of thespians in society, Eastwood set it back for at least a generation.

And finally, you could see it in every picture of the Tampa convention, especially contrasted with those from the Democrats: The undeniable truth is that the Republican Party is on the wrong side of demographics, which means it's on the wrong side of history. Tragically for our political system, which depends on a vigorous, healthy two-party system, it has chosen to assume the role of permanent obstructionist, ignoring the inevitable changes in population diversity that will eventually bury it.

So, in the end, the GOP will become the party of Romney, which no one will want to attend, no matter how enticing the swimming pool — if it isn't it already.

Last edited by Hardrock69; 09-14-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's the good news. The bad news is that the "Democratic" party is getting more goddamned right wing every day

We need a new party to fill the void. One that is NOT sucking the cocks of the felonious 1%

www.voterocky.org
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I would say both parties are just about evenly matched. Don't forget the polls showed Carter ahead of Reagan after the Democratic Convention. Like all things, political parties morph and change. I would say both parties are dated in many ways. The progressives aren't as progressive as they claim to be. They seem lost in the 1960's actually.

To be honest, nobody knows what the future holds. If predicting the future was so easy more people would get rich off that knowledge.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    That's the good news. The bad news is that the "Democratic" party is getting more goddamned right wing every day

We need a new party to fill the void. One that is NOT sucking the cocks of the felonious 1%

www.voterocky.org
    It's really more the big money playing divide and conquer but more and more people are seeing it. The question is how do we stop it? More and more people are thinking the voting process is so rigged it's useless. The states themselves can call a constitutional convention and take control of the government that way. That might happen. Whoever wins this next election better start turning the ship for the better because time is quickly running out. Something will snap and when it does, it won't be pretty.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

What if the GOP gets more left wing?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What if Hell gets a Hockey franchise?

One's about as likely as the other.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Lol. I pretty much agree with all of the above.

But the GOP is going to HAVE to become more moderate, or they will not have enough electoral votes to carry the election.

That is what is hurting them. The Tea Party foam-at-the-mouthers have been going so apeshit, trying to force Mittens into more of a fascist position.

If he does not stick with them, he will lose SOME of their votes. Many will vote for him, not because of who he is, but as a last-ditch effort to knock the black man out of office.

On the other side of the coin, if he sucks the Tea Party coch, the moderate republicans will not be quite so interested in voting for him.

So he is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Meanwhile, he is so vague on his plans for the presidency, the Republicans are starting to tear into his ass.

Sure, we need a third-party that has possibilities. But we need enough people to defect from the other two parties to make it a viable third option.

Not going to happen this election. May not happen the next. But yes, it is starting to look more and more like 2 sides of the Demopublican Republocrat party.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What if Hell gets a Hockey franchise?

One's about as likely as the other.
    I dunno, I think the hard right fascist ideologues are beginning to lose influence as they become increasingly unelectable, and the GOP becomes the Grand Ol' Party of Upper Class White Males...

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well maybe nominating a robot wasn't a good idea:

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Repubs may be done this cycle. But give it 10 years when the part evolves to a more liberitarian stance and the dems are still whining about the next pet project.

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah fuck the white people with drive and ambition god that's why the country is going down the toilet...as if the black/Hispanic/Indian/middles eastern/Asian middle class don't do the same things. Once all of the leftists stop highlighting all of our differences the better we will be. I thought we taught our children to be color blind? See the difference between me and you is that you see I'm from The Great REPUBLIC of Texas and was taught that people are people and Americans are Americans. You were taught that in a way but then your lefty friends all told you that race is a huge issue and you decided to make this a core value. If everyone left race out we'd be ok. If people like Jesse Jackson would STFU about racism and realize that my generation gives not one fuck about skin color we'd be fine. I can't wait til your generation dies off and we don't worry about this bs anymore

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Redballjets88 View Post
    Repubs may be done this cycle. But give it 10 years when the part evolves to a more liberitarian stance and the dems are still whining about the next pet project.
    The Libertarians already HAVE a party. Some of them just like the corporate financing of the Repukes.

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    True ford but the liberitarans are so easily put in a closet by the big parties thy they have wised up and are infiltrating the party that is more apt to their message. I'm telling you as a prediction as the "moral majority gets older/savvy to the fact that their pet projects will never change the will change. And by change I don't mean become more liberal in their stance but more staunch in their idea that maybe big fed shouldn't have a hand in personal issues. They have lost every big fight they have gotten into. So instead of changing ideals they just won't fight and we'll end up with the utopia of personal freedom and fiscal responsibility. The dems will always have something to whine about Repubs will eventually just not care to fight with them.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah fuck the white people with drive and ambition god that's why the country is going down the toilet...

I thought we taught our children to be color blind? See the difference between me and you is that you see I'm from The Great REPUBLIC of Texas and was taught that people are people and Americans are Americans.

If people like Jesse Jackson would STFU about racism and realize that my generation gives not one fuck about skin color we'd be fine.
    Do you even see the disconnect here in your own statements?

And as far as the "Great Republic of Texas" goes, admittedly I haven't set foot in the state since 1978 myself, but given what I know about the idiots running the educational system, the brutal murder of James Byrd, the ethnicity of the majority of the people murdered by the state on the orders of Chimpy and pRick Perry, etc. I just have a hard time believing in this post-racist utopia you're talking about.

Yeah, maybe overall the younger generation is less hungup on bigotries like racism and homophobia than the old farts are, but as far as institutional bigotry, especially in Southern states, that's going to be a long long road

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    For example I had a great discussion with some very conservative friends about abortion this week...the have totally wiped their hands of it. Now they don't exactly like the act but they also don't thinks it's a womans right. They feel like of people are dumb enough to do it let then deal with the future of guilt and depression.

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sorry for three posts in a row but I've been posting from iPhone the past weeks and the typing is horrid

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's only a long road if you allow it to be. People outside of the state really don't understand how far and different we are than the other southern states. I would easily say that Texas is the least hard right red state. As a pundit on Fauxnews said recently Texas has become "pink". For example I went and saw Dennis Prager and Adam carolla this week and they didn't think anyone here had a COEXIST bumper sticker...that's what outisders believe...now I see them every day...not to mention Dallas has the 2nd highest gay population in American and I go to a university with some
    Of the highest black and gay students in America. Perception is not reality....I would say where I live we aren't conservative or liberal as much as we a fiercely independent something that is in a Texans psychology since the 1840s and we don't like big gov. Some states see value in government not Texas...
    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I thought the gays were in Austin and Houston? When did they move to Dallas?

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Houston idk about Austin yes...but those in Austin graduate and move to Dallas...along with businesses across the nation that are tires of being raped in taxes

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Tired*** goddamn iphone

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sorry for three posts in a row.
    You obviously haven't met Nitro.
    When that dude gets on a roll, he can create a 28-page thread all by himself.

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Really point is that the economy is most important. Let's get rich again then we can worry about al the bullshit people whine about...Obama won't get us rich again. His vagine has way too much sand in it

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Do you even see the disconnect here in your own statements?

And as far as the "Great Republic of Texas" goes, admittedly I haven't set foot in the state since 1978 myself, but given what I know about the idiots running the educational system, the brutal murder of James Byrd, the ethnicity of the majority of the people murdered by the state on the orders of Chimpy and pRick Perry, etc. I just have a hard time believing in this post-racist utopia you're talking about.

Yeah, maybe overall the younger generation is less hungup on bigotries like racism and homophobia than the old farts are, but as far as institutional bigotry, especially in Southern states, that's going to be a long long road
    Most definitely becaus it is going to be another 20-30 years before this generation is able to take control of the state government.

At present, all the old-fart racists still are running the show. And to a certain degree, the same could be said for the entire country.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Really point is that the economy is most important. Let's get rich again then we can worry about al the bullshit people whine about...Obama won't get us rich again. His vagine has way too much sand in it
    And Mittens vag doesn't?

He is the one spending all his days whining about Obama without providing a single clue as to how he can do better....

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The sad things is that theyre difference really arent to different. But at least Romney will SPEND less. But as long as our leaders are all signed up as keynesians we won't see much

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This is the worst left / right propaganda thread yet...

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Honestly, I could at least tolerate Republicans as long as they were a bit more centered. Problem is, the Tea Party fucked you guys but good...now you're like a bunch of rodents scurrying around with your tails cut off STILL trying to appease them with your focus on God, guns and morality. You kinda forgot the whole "moderation" part, and the only reason Mitt even got past the exploratory stage, let alone the nomination, was because he was the least offensive of the shitkickers up there. Certainly not the best or the brightest.

Therein lies your problem.

I'll give you this, Democrats haven't got anywhere near the right answers for all the questions, but they came to class a lot fucking better prepared than their classmates.
    Twistin' by the pool.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That doesn't make any sense...

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    That doesn't make any sense...
    Google it.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "It" is a 1986 horror novel by American author Stephen King. The story follows the exploits of seven children as they are terrorized by the eponymous being, which exploits the fears and phobias of its victims in order to disguise itself while hunting its prey. "It" primarily appears in the form of a clown in order to attract its preferred prey of young children. The novel is told through narratives alternating between two time periods, and is largely told in the third-person omniscient mode. It deals with themes which would eventually become King staples: the power of memory, childhood trauma, and the ugliness lurking behind a façade of traditional small-town values.

the juggernaut bitch
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There is nothing to google all that was said was that you don't like tea party (which actually stands for fiscal responsibility) and added in a couple typical liberal stances (Repubs are racist) and said that dems did some home work. In reality libs are racist bc they cut minorities off by convincing them that no matter how hard they work they can never make it in our "rigged" system. Aka rhetoric for votes

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    .....and I go to a university with some Of the highest black and gay students in America. Perception is not reality.....
    Uh, what kind of weed are they smoking? Can you get me some?

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There is nothing to google all that was said was that you don't like tea party (which actually stands for fiscal responsibility) and added in a couple typical liberal stances (Repubs are racist) and said that dems did some home work. In reality libs are racist bc they cut minorities off by convincing them that no matter how hard they work they can never make it in our "rigged" system. Aka rhetoric for votes
    No. In reality, even though the Tea Party has fiscal responsibility as a part of their platform, it HAS attracted many of the Fascists who ARE racists.

For you to claim many of them are NOT racist is not anywhere close to the truth.

And furthermore, it is definitely true that minorities DO have a harder time making it in our "rigged system". Again, for you to claim otherwise is a falsehood.

Sure, it is NOT IMPOSSIBLE for minorities to be successful in our country. But hell, even WOMEN have a more difficult time of it.

This nation, and the Christian religion (and therefore the Republican party) want nothing more than the dominance of White Anglo Saxon Christian Males in our society. And, because the current generation of young people are hell-bent on destroying their elitest/racist system, they are extremely frustrated.

So don't go on about how the Tea Party is some sort of wholesome, innocent, upstanding and moral political party.

Many of us here are too intelligent to believe such bullshit.

And I have said for the past 30 years, Texas, though a state, acts more like an independent nation.

If you are there, you see the same buildings, cities, streets, infrastructure as the rest of the US. But I have lived in Dallas and Houston. There is a vibe in that state that is different from all the other states in the US. Can't describe it any better than that.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 09-16-2012 at 01:53 AM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I dunno, I think the hard right fascist ideologues are beginning to lose influence as they become increasingly unelectable, and the GOP becomes the Grand Ol' Party of Upper Class White Males...
    I hate to break it to you but the upper class white males own the Democrat party as well. Even uber liberal Obama has carried on the neo-con agenda and gave Wall Street everything they wanted. This is why so many former Democrats like Ford accuse the party and even Obama as being Republican.

There is an old Chinese saying who cares if it's a white cat or a black cat as long as it catches mice. We have one agenda sold under two brand names with two separate marketing campaigns. If anything the party of FDR and Kennedy is dead as a doornail. I would say the evil side of the Republicans have hit a few home runs. They are getting everything they want.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes, but the Democratic Party at least appears to allow more opportunities for women and minorities.

It is the whole thing about playing 2 sides against the middle.

And no, the evil side of the Republicans are finding it much more difficult to get what they want, as the current generations of young people, as they grow up, are much less accepting of their WASP Male bullshit.

We do need a third party that has enough clout to be a threat to the Republicans and Democrats. But then, all the powers that be would have to do is infiltrate that party with third-column operatives who could corrupt the party from within.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bueno bob View Post
    I'll give you this, Democrats haven't got anywhere near the right answers for all the questions, but they came to class a lot fucking better prepared than their classmates.
    IF the Republicans could at least field a fucking candidate who was worth a shit, perhaps they could do better in the elections.

They ignored the only decent candidate they had....Ron Paul, because he refused to be forced to wear the standard Republican-issue Christian straitjacket.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    Yes, but the Democratic Party at least appears to allow more opportunities for women and minorities.

It is the whole thing about playing 2 sides against the middle.

And no, the evil side of the Republicans are finding it much more difficult to get what they want, as the current generations of young people, as they grow up, are much less accepting of their WASP Male bullshit.

We do need a third party that has enough clout to be a threat to the Republicans and Democrats. But then, all the powers that be would have to do is infiltrate that party with third-column operatives who could corrupt the party from within.
    The special rights era has ended with Obama. That is so 60's and 70's. I went to Eastern Idaho State Fair last week and it was a big diversified mix of people. A ton of hispanics, quite a few native americas since the reservation is right next to the town the fair is in. More black people than you think. All in highly Mormon white ass Eastern Idaho. Everybody got along fine and had a good time eating greasy food and riding overpriced rides. The only people that seem to hold onto the illusion we aren't all getting along is politicians and the media. Fuck them and go out and take a look around. I was up in white ass Montana and went to a pizza joint. The people running the place were black and I went there because the place ran by Chinese was busy.

Apparently all these white Republicans that are supposed to be throwing a royal fit that blacks have moved to town don't seem to give a ratt's ass. In the 1980's and probably even in the 1990's a black person just would not have a chance at winning the presidency. Heck. A Mormon would have no shot at even getting the nomination. Once you have a black president then it's open to anyone. Now nobody is going to give a shit whether we have a woman president or a hispanic president. The truth is this country hasn't had a decent president in office since Kennedy. It's been downhill since then with putting men on the moon being the high water mark and of course it was Kennedy that set that goal.

It's interesting the Republican Party is still labeled the Leave it to Beaver party when if you look at who spoke at the convention were people who's family were Haitian immigrants and a black woman who grew up right in the middle of the most segregated city in the south during the civil rights movement. Hmmmm. Not exactly white bread. Of course this is never mentioned in the media. They seem to be more interested in an old actor talking to an empty chair which basically was Clint trying to be clever symbolizing a president who is never there and lacks substance.

The whole game has changed. Progressivism is no longer progressive. It was progressive when Nixon was in the white house but not now. The Democratic Party sounds like some old 1960's idealist stuck in the past.

All I hear from the Dems is how rotten the Republicans are. I want to hear a detailed, realistic plan on how they are going to fix our problems. Not a bunch of race baiting, insults, and class warfare and then a fake claim they are so much better which of course is delusional.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 09-16-2012 at 03:10 AM.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    IF the Republicans could at least field a fucking candidate who was worth a shit, perhaps they could do better in the elections.

They ignored the only decent candidate they had....Ron Paul, because he refused to be forced to wear the standard Republican-issue Christian straitjacket.
    I'm not a big Libertarian fan, either, mostly because I don't approve of their economic policies. The whole "Republican with a Bong" thing fits in a lot of cases, but honestly, if they want to get any more attention, my first suggestion would be to get somebody up on the platform with a little more charisma than Mr. Grumpypants Ron Paul...he just comes across like a geezerly curmudgeon and that's why he can't be sold to the public at large.

But I'd say you're very much right as to that being a really good reason why he gets ignored, by and large.

Honestly, I'll say this - I do vote Democrat, but I do so only because they're slightly more sane as a whole than the Republican party anymore. You can shake it up six different ways, but the bottom line is that Teabagger extremists utterly hijacked the conservative party. To deny that, I think, is like denying the nose on your face. Frankly, though, I'd be a lot happier voting Democrat if the Democrats went as far to the left as the Republicans were forced by the Tea Party to go to the right. I was hoping Occupy would at least serve the purposes of doing that, but when you get the news media interviewing the WORST possible "I'm just here for the weed, man!" people for Occupy as being representative of the whole movement, it sort of depowers the whole thing, which was, let's face it, what everybody wanted.

That said, I know there were also some Tea Baggers who had good ideas and WEREN'T total fucking idiots. Occupy and the Tea Party did have some common ground in that. But while the Tea Party succeeded in scaring the piss out of the Republican party, who are still floundering around with these moralistic stances trying to appease them and getting as far right as they can, Occupy didn't scare the Democrats into getting as far left as they should be.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Let's face it. The mass majority of politicians have behaved so badly people just don't trust them. Look at them all. Do you see any real leaders? Do you see anyone you respect or look up to? This is the problem and this is why the country is out of control and corrupt.

The original Tea Party was a grass roots movement that just wanted to go back to constitutional law. You know, innocent until proven guilty, no unreasonable search and seizer, right to a fair trial of your peers ect...

What happens is the opposing party has too cook up some demons and so they focus on the most extreme and then embellish the extreme some more. The Tea Party become Tea Baggers and then they are instantly blamed when a Democrat politician gets shot. Then the right does the same thing with the neo Black Panther Party. Obama is orchestrating mob attacks on white people and the Black Panthers want to kill white babies and rape white women. That kind of shit.

With the nut job in Missouri running for US Senator saying a women can't get pregnant if she's raped because her body shuts down the Republican Party was all over the nut to drop out of the race. Of course this is out of fear of not winning the senate this election I heard so many Republican women say the guy was lost. But then the liberals are going to make it look the whole party is that way.

You aren't going to see the reality in the media. Just one extreme vs the other extreme. People just need to toss the television out the window, climb out of their little bubbles they live in and take a walk around. Much of the world is very different than what that biased box says it is.

One friend of mine joked and said this country is becoming more like an episode of Star Wars. We have an Obama and we have a Mitt that beat out a Newt. Jabba the Hut is financing the whole operation from Wall Street.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 09-16-2012 at 04:33 AM.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes, you are both right in some ways.

And as I always say, generalizations are just that.....but there are exceptions to every rule.

And.....saying the public needs to toss their TVs is a nice wish....but the masses won't do it. They will stay glued to their TV and will believe what they are told, or what gets presented, just like good little sheep.

Thing is, there are some things that are not media creations. When Romney makes speeches for 10 months....and fails to give specifics about what he is going to do to help our country, that IS a "reality". It is not some made up fictionalized media creation.

Perhaps the Democratic candidates talk about how bad the Republican candidates are, but rightly so.

All anyone hears the Republican candidates say is how bad the Democrats are. And that is ALL the Republican candidates say!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I want to hear a detailed, realistic plan on how they are going to fix our problems. Not a bunch of race baiting, insults, and class warfare and then a fake claim they are so much better which of course is delusional.
    So do I. I want the Republicans to actually do this. Not because I give a rat's ass about their narrow-minded bullshit. But just to see if they can. Less than 2 months until the election, and what is Mittens going to do to help our country? He still is not saying. Shouldn't he have some definitive plans he can share with the world? Or is it some kind of "secret"?

Obama has already done a lot to TRY to help our country.....for better or worse, he DOES have a track record. Ask what he will do for the country, his ACTIONS can be pointed out as a starting point.......perhaps we CAN expect "more of the same".....but it is highly likely we can expect "more of the same" obstructionist Republican intent as well.....ignore ways to create jobs, ignore ways to improve the economy, ignore ways to regulate Wall Street (ha...like they would want to anyway), ignore actually doing any fucking thing to help our country, and instead focus all their heart and soul on "STOPPING OBAMA". For the past fucking four years, for the most part they have not done a goddamn thing except try to "STOP OBAMA".

Is the Republican party intent on helping American or hurting it? They sure do not seem to have any plans to lay out for helping us.........like I said in another thread....it makes one wonder if they are actually intent on winning....or is this some kind of bullshit farce...

That is yet ANOTHER "reality". Not some media creation. They have not been doing their jobs as members of Congress. Instead of trying to help their constituency, they have been playing politics in Congress.

There are some great ideas the Tea Party has that I agree with. Getting back to the original intent of our founding fathers is a noble goal....

But not all of their racist and extremist crap is a media creation either. The media may slant their reporting...or just commit the sin of omission....but there has been some straight news reporting about the extremists as well. Each party is only as good as it's most extreme idiot.

By the way, what is an "extremist Liberal Democrat"? Someone who goes out of their way to ACTUALLY try to help the poor? Someone who wants to save the environment? Someone who wants everyone to have good health care? Someone who does not want to tell people how they can live their personal lives or who the fuck they can marry?

Aren't those things that any RATIONAL HUMAN should strive to do? INCLUDING REPUBLICAN OFFICE-HOLDERS?

The Tea Party is a thorn in the side of the Republicans. They ARE more "right-centric" or "conservative" than the standard Republican voter. In a positive way, the Republicans can sort of distance themselves from the extremist Tea Party stuff. BUT...the negative aspect is that it steals votes FROM the Republicans and does not help Mittens in his campaign.

You could almost say we have 4 parties now. Dems, Repubs, Tea Party and Libertarians. The Tea Party has fractured the Republican party over the past few years, and made it even more unlikely Republicans will prevail. The problem is when you have under-educated morons running their mouths, and the opposing party picks up on mistakes like the Missouri fool, it is not helping anything either.

And don't think for a second that just because we have the first non-white president in history that now nobody is going to give a shit now or in the future. You cannot judge a presidential race on a Wyoming State fair. That is ridiculous. Y'all need tuh cum daown heah to the Souf.....and heah all the hillbillies who are violently angry that a ni**er is president.....

Some of the stuff I hear around here would have the Secret Service making arrests.......

Sure....it has sort of busted the door down....I say right now the next "minority" in line who has a valid chance at being president is Hillary. Sure....it would be nice to see Americans of Hispanic or Asian decent make it to the Oval Office someday.....at least the racists in this country would not be angry at Hillary being elected, as she is a "good Southern White Woman".....

The public won't trust politicians, but it is not always due to the politicians individually behaving badly.
    They all make promises, but other politicians do their best to prevent them from keeping them.

The Republicans have tried to thwart Obama at every turn. The Democrats and the Republicans try to stop each other from doing anything. It is a miracle that any politician is able to keep any promises at all. I saw on ABC news the other week that in 2008 Obama made over 500 campaign promises...and was able to keep 37% of them.

It is no wonder the public distrusts politicians, as much as time as they spend fighting each other and not doing anything.

Almost makes one wish we had a king or something.

And if Paul Ryan were to take some lessons from Ron Paul, it might help him. Ron IS too old, and yes, he is seen as some old fart, even though his ideas are solid and his logic is in good shape.
    The Republicans need a forward-thinking youngster with a brain. Obama is a forward-thinking person with a brain, so the Dems have their model in that department.

Like a football game....everyone wants to see two evenly matched teams...makes for a good game.
    But with Mittens and Ryan supposedly being the best the Republicans can field.....you have to wonder....just like the 2008 campaign.

Ah well.

I am done pontificating on all this rubbish.

We ARE going to see what happens.

I have said all I can say about this election, and discussing it further is not going to matter a hill of beans one way or the other.

Best of luck to everyone.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 09-16-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Thread Information