TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 06:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

CBS Refuses to Air Obama Admitting Mistakes in Campaign Commercial Ads

LINK
    Tonight, CBS aired a 60 Minutes interview with President Obama. But curiously enough, the news magazine show did not air a clip of Obama admitting to interviewer Steve Kroft that some of his campaign ads contain mistakes and that some even "go overboard."

CBS describes the clip this way: "President Obama says some of his campaign ads might 'go overboard' or contain mistakes, but most of them simply highlight the differences between him and Gov. Romney."

"Look, the fact-checkers have had problems with the ads on both sides," Kroft says to Obama in the unaired clip, "and say they've been misleading and in some cases just not true. Does that disturb you? I mean, some of them are your ads."

Obama responds: "Do we see sometimes us going overboard in our campaign, are there mistakes that are made, areas where there is no doubt somebody could dispute how we are presenting things? You know, that happens in politics."

Kroft responds: "Aren't the American entitled to the truth? Or a better version of it?"

"The truth of the matter is, most of the time we're having a vigorous debate about a vision for the country," Obama says. "And, you know, there's a lot at stake in this election. So is it going to be sharp sometimes? Absolutely. But will the American people ultimately have a good sense of where I want to take the country and where Gov. Romney takes the country? I think they will."

Indeed, it's a newsworthy admission, but one that didn't make it into the news magazine's final cut.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

So what?

They both lie in political ads.

This is not news. This irrelevancy.

But I would expect this crap from you.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Shut up, Cunt!

I didn't give you permission to speak!

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

Fuck off and die already, Brie.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Does it matter if we hear him admit to his mistakes? Everyone knows what they were. At least everyone that would care to watch any news or Presidential interview on TV already knows. So who cares. The guy is a disaster. Mitt will probably be a disaster. This whole fucking country I love feels like it is doomed. I don't even give it 75 years. Sad, but that's honestly how I feel.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-19-2024 @ 03:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    Does it matter if we hear him admit to his mistakes? Everyone knows what they were. At least everyone that would care to watch any news or Presidential interview on TV already knows. So who cares. The guy is a disaster. Mitt will probably be a disaster. This whole fucking country I love feels like it is doomed. I don't even give it 75 years. Sad, but that's honestly how I feel.
    Someone needs to turn the ship or the country will start to come apart literally. Obama wants everyone to work for the government. To do that you have to take everyone's money from the private sector. The problem is governments don't really push the economy forward. Oh they can provide infrastructure and things to help the private sector do business but it's people making things or providing services and people buying them that push things forward. The government can provide the infrastructure and money to make the game of capitalism work more smoothly but when you start redistributing wealth and taking people off the pushing side into the government side, you create a lot of friction on the momentum and the whole thing comes to a halt.

Of course a few people including Obama himself will make big money but most people will live less of a lifestyle.

The problem we have now is fascism and crony capitalism. Those people are in power and it's the crony capitalists connected to the government who want to redistribute the wealth. So they find a charismatic person like Obama who grew up believing in the marxist philosophy to consolidate the wealth so they can steal it. This is what is going on. Obama is robbing the country. He will rob another $5 Trillion if he gets back in and not only that, he will take more of your rights away. Barrack is George W. Bush on steroids.

We know what Obama is. Will Mitt be different? Who knows. I'm sure he has people like the Bush family pushing him to do the same. But then the reality is, if you say you aren't going to side with the big money, they make sure you don't get elected. So the whole thing is rigged.

I'm just hoping someone will fool the big money going in, get elected and then refuse to continue the game. Running as an independent does not work.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 09-25-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,582 Times in 3,461 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post

8. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

sadaist (09-25-2012)

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2014 @ 11:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 757 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    Shut up, Cunt!

I didn't give you permission to speak!

actually that's you dancing to your bought and paid for media .
    enjoy being seven for the rest of your life.

10. 2 users say thank you to ThrillsNSpills for this KICKASS post:

FORD (09-25-2012),jhale667 (09-25-2012)

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post

Yeah you're right. And every election is "the most important election of our lifetimes". This is why I try to not watch the news any more. Gets me into that end of the world mindset when it probably isn't as bad as I tend to convince myself of.

And that girl in your sig is both jiggly AND firm all at the same time! Maybe all hope isn't lost.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThrillsNSpills View Post
    actually that's you dancing to your bought and paid for media .
    enjoy being seven for the rest of your life.
    Let us know if you ever plan on posting something intelligent.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    So what?

They both lie in political ads.

This is not news. This irrelevancy.

But I would expect this crap from you.
    Then why don't you have the same opinion in this THREAD?

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Let us know if you ever plan on posting something intelligent.

You first. But everyone knows better than to hold their breath waiting on that one...

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-26-2014 @ 09:15 AM
    Status
    Thanks

A lot of people are putting way to much emphasis on who will win in this election, and i am as guilty as most. I honestly don't like Obama's ideas and his policies and gravitate more to Romney's way of thinking. Does that make me right or wrong, no. Does that make someone who like Obama right or wrong, no. The real problem all of us will still have after this circus show is over, is a Congress that is unwilling to work. The House is to the right and the Senate is to the left and Americans are in the middle. If Obama wins we will have another 4 more yrs of the last 4 yrs. If Romney wins we will have the same because the branch of Government we call Congress is unwilling to work together. I know some here will say, that it's the Republicans that put a halt on everything and some will say that it's the Senate that is the problem. I say, if we can't have elected officials that look out for the American people first instead of their cushy Washington job, then we have a much bigger problem than who we elect on Nov 6.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Actually, if we vote the obstructionist asshats out of the House and the dems retain the Senate (which is looking like what's going to happen in both cases) we WILL have a congress willing to work with Obama...

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    Actually, if we vote the obstructionist asshats out of the House and the dems retain the Senate (which is looking like what's going to happen in both cases) we WILL have a congress willing to work with Obama...

There you go again. The same could be said in reverse don't you think. The problem, is that Americans are in the middle and tipping the balance of power to far to one side, in which Obama had for a solid 2 yrs. didn't help and the only thing that got passed, like it or not was a health care bill that the majority of Americans didn't like or want. Having both sides not willing to work together and having a president not willing to reach across the isle and make some concessions is harming and undoing this country faster than any war or other country could ever do. Obama and the Senate are not willing to cut spending and scale back on entitlement programs, while the House and republicans are unwilling to raise taxes on the rich. The answer is somewhere in the middle.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Actually, there YOU go again...

Quote Originally Posted by MUSICMANN View Post
    There you go again. The same could be said in reverse don't you think..

No. Not even close to the same level, and if you were being honest with yourself you'd admit that's true. But the bullshit talking point about Obama having a "solid" majority for two years is a lie, and needs to stop. At no point did he have a 60-seat filibuster-proof majority. Franken's election was held up for 7 months, Byrd and Kennedy were out ill prior to DYING, and then Kennedy was replaced by Scott Brown (R). And more bullshit - when has Obama been "unwilling to reach across the aisle" or make concessions?

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No. Not even close to the same level, and if you were being honest with yourself you'd admit that's true. But the bullshit talking point about Obama having a "solid" majority for two years is a lie, and needs to stop. At no point did he have a 60-seat filibuster-proof majority. Franken's election was held up for 7 months, Byrd and Kennedy were out ill prior to DYING, and then Kennedy was replaced by Scott Brown (R). And more bullshit - when has Obama been "unwilling to reach across the aisle" or make concessions?

Say what you will, the truth is, nothing has been done and we are worse off because we have a Congress that can't or won't work together. I brought up the health care bill because majority of Americans didn't want it, yet with Pelosi leading the house and Reid leading the Senate, and with a majority of votes rammed that billed through. Did they have a 100% solid filibuster majority, no, but Obama had enough to get what he wanted. It wasn't until 2010 that people were so fed up with a Congress that wasn't representing a more centralist balance, they voted and we ended up with a Republican controlled house. So, the game is still being played and us in the middle are the ones suffering for it. Now there's no way in the world i would not mention how Harry Reid has been the biggest problem on the Senate side of the fence.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/01/20/...nates-failure/

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

We had an illegal Repuke pResdient and a Repukelican majority in both houses of Congress from 2000 - 2006 and what was the results?

Two illegal wars
    The "Patriot" Act
    Hurricane Katrina
    Millions of jobs outsourced to India, China, and other third world shitholes
    Economic devastation that we still have not recovered from.

Oh yeah.... we need more of that.

PS the minute you quote the "Heritage Foundation" as a source, you automatically lose the argument.

21. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (09-26-2012)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ford View Post
    ps the minute you quote the "heritage foundation" as a source, you automatically lose the argument.

THIS. What's next, a fucking Brietbart link? Wallbuilders? FAUX?

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

THIS. What's next, a fucking Brietbart link? Wallbuilders? FAUX?
    Yes, let's criticize the messenger. While we're at it, the sources you libs post are as equally as disturbing to conservatives.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post

PS the minute you quote the "Heritage Foundation" as a source, you automatically lose the argument.
    Much like you do when you post anything from that Thom Hartmamn moron.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Much like you do when you post anything from that Thom Hartmamn moron.
    You mean the same Thom Hartmann who invites right wingers (including Heritage Foundation douchebags) on his radio and TV shows, and allows them to make their case? And then rhetorically kicks their ass every time.

Oh, I see.... it's that last part you have a problem with. Because it's just like what happens to you on this board

27. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (09-27-2012)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    BlueBallsBrian is the Sean Hannity of the close-knit Roth Army...

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    BlueBallsBrian is the Sean Hannity of the close-knit Roth Army...
    Even if that were true, it would be a damn stretch better than being the David Duke of the Frontline like you are. He's from Loser-ana also so it's not hard to realize where you get your views.

Elvis =

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Much as I hate to interrupt a good troll fight...

Yes, let's criticize the messenger. While we're at it, the sources you libs post are as equally as disturbing to conservatives.

The difference being the sources we quote are FACTUAL...

Now feel free to resume your troll fight with Elbow...

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The difference being the sources we quote are FACTUAL...

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

you gol dern republicans.

throw another log on the far mildred the bowez are fatin' on the interneyets agin.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Come to the South and talk like that and you will get your ass kicked.

Of course, that's after a Southerner stops laughing at the sissy-assed accents you New Englanders have.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Elvis =
    You can't even freestyly HTML code...

Dude, go read a muscle magizine or something...

Maybe you're hitting the cancer causing steroids a bit much lately ??

Or has your liver shut down ??

Either way, you buy into way too much right wing bullshit...

Romney sucks just as much as Obama...

Later...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Come to the South and talk like that and you will get your ass kicked.

Of course, that's after a Southerner stops laughing at the sissy-assed accents you New Englanders have.
    Dude, there's bad asses and pussies everywhere...

Sone people don't even read muscle magazines and they can still kick your ass...

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You can't even freestyly HTML code...
    The irony.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    We had an illegal Repuke pResdient and a Repukelican majority in both houses of Congress from 2000 - 2006 and what was the results?

Two illegal wars
    The "Patriot" Act
    Hurricane Katrina
    Millions of jobs outsourced to India, China, and other third world shitholes
    Economic devastation that we still have not recovered from.

I could pull up 10 more articles that the Harry Reid led Senate has sat on their hands and not passed a budget in 1000 or more days. As for 2 illegal wars, that's bullshit. Congress gave the green light on both of those campaigns. Afghanistan was to flush out Bin Laden. Iraq, even though i personally believe led us down a path that took our eyes off Bin Laden and the terrorist, was still given a go from the Intel that was given even though that Intel would eventually be wrong. I can easily point out that Obama has accumulated over 5 million in national debt in only 4 yrs. He has outsourced jobs to China, and Finland and other countries using tax payers money he called a stimulus. He has lied to the American people about the Libya terrorist Attack that resulted in an Ambassador death for over 10 days now and just today had to admit that his administration knew from the get go it wasn't a riot sparked from some dumb YouTube video. ObamaCare that the majority of Americans didn't want and a Economy that has had unemployment over 8% his entire term as President.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Harry Reid is a spineless pussy, and I call him that at least once a week. But NOT passing an Eddie Munster "budget" may be one of the few things he's done correctly.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh the left folks hate the right folks and the right folks hate the left folks.

*toing*

woops Ah just broke a banjo strang.

(left right black white north south)

yeah, some ignorant folks in New England but some of us realize where the left versus right shit has gotten us.

*no, I have nothing against the southern folks, and this isn't fighting*

its fussin........now eunice where mah gree-its?

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dude, there's bad asses and pussies everywhere...

Sone people don't even read muscle magazines and they can still kick your ass...
    Maybe, but not you.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSICMANN View Post
    I could pull up 10 more articles that the Harry Reid led Senate has sat on their hands and not passed a budget in 1000 or more days. As for 2 illegal wars, that's bullshit. Congress gave the green light on both of those campaigns. Afghanistan was to flush out Bin Laden. Iraq, even though i personally believe led us down a path that took our eyes off Bin Laden and the terrorist, was still given a go from the Intel that was given even though that Intel would eventually be wrong. I can easily point out that Obama has accumulated over 5 million in national debt in only 4 yrs. He has outsourced jobs to China, and Finland and other countries using tax payers money he called a stimulus. He has lied to the American people about the Libya terrorist Attack that resulted in an Ambassador death for over 10 days now and just today had to admit that his administration knew from the get go it wasn't a riot sparked from some dumb YouTube video. ObamaCare that the majority of Americans didn't want and a Economy that has had unemployment over 8% his entire term as President.

Dude, all of that bullshit is lies...

The Bin Laden story is a fucking lie...

It's to rally the people around one agenda or another...

And Iraq intel ??

The truth was out there but the government looked the other way...

There are big influences out there with big banks controlling the federal government and people need to wake up to it...

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I worked in media for years, at one point next to the gal whose father created the CFR.

Part of me envys the people who think the NLP laden news is factual. It's tough for people to zoom out and based on that fact I mean zero disrespect in my stereotyped comments. It was for effect.

at least in the Huntley/Brinkley days it seemed more like journalism.

Thread Information