Thread: Yes We Canada:' Comedians encourage Americans to let Canada run the U.S.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Yes We Canada:' Comedians encourage Americans to let Canada run the U.S.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/wo...service=mobile

“Who better to lead America than a country already leading America in so many ways?” is just the beginning of Canadian Brian Calvert’s case, made in a YouTube video, for why Americans should vote for Canada to run the U.S. this fall.

A scrolling list of things Mr. Calvert argues Canadians do better include healthcare, human rights, and the employment rate – along with big foot sightings, lumberjack fashion and bear attacks.

The Canada Party video was released in January and has been viewed more 900,000 times.

In The Canada Party Manifesto: An Intervention From You Continental BFF, which was published last month, authors Brian Calvert and Chris Cannon – and Vancouver residents – continue on their satirical prescription for an ailing America.

Featured in U.S. and Canadian media – including CBC’s The Current earlier this week – their lighter take on the presidential election is attracting a wider audience. A video feature about the group on the BBC news site topped the site’s most-watched video list on Thursday.

The party promises American voters: “One gay couple will be allowed to marry for every straight couple that gets divorced.

“The phrase “job creators” will be changed to “job creationists,” and they will be given seven days to actually create some.

“Corporations will still be people, but if they can’t provide a birth certificate they will be legally obligated to care for your lawn.

“Corners will be installed in the Oval Office, and timeouts given to congressmen who can’t play nice.”

The party’s Twitter feed – among other things – also offers a bit of spot analysis.

“CNN calls the new #Romney video ‘potentially damaging.’ A football in the groin is potentially damaging. This is a nuclear nutshot.”
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Uhhhhh..... maybe if the NDP was in charge. But not Stevie Harper.

However, if I was forced to choose between Mittens and Stevie Harper, I'd probably choose Stevie, as long as regulated banks and decent health care came with the deal.

Much rather have a Jack Layton type though (Jack himself no longer being available, unfortunately )
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Canuklehead
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Uhhhhh..... maybe if the NDP was in charge. But not Stevie Harper.

However, if I was forced to choose between Mittens and Stevie Harper, I'd probably choose Stevie, as long as regulated banks and decent health care came with the deal.

Much rather have a Jack Layton type though (Jack himself no longer being available, unfortunately )
    I think Harper would be light years ahead of Obama...

Harper...is an economist by trade.

I have not looked in a few years but on the political compass he was to the left of H Clinton.

I think the ideal Canadian government right now would have been Harper as PM with Layton as Official Opposition.

I did not always agree with Layton buy he was by all accounts a good man...one hell of a social conscience.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Only if Ricky is the President, with Julian as VP, and Bubbles as Secretary of State
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchainme View Post
    Only if Ricky is the President, with Julian as VP, and Bubbles as Secretary of State
    Where do Bob & Doug McKenzie fit in to this cabinet?

Thread Information