X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
    Of course, then the hard drive I had that song on up and died and it's unrecoverable (along with a lot of other shit from those years that I'll never get back)

The BCE can recover it for you...

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Hmmm I posted at Slaughterhouse some... yeah the neon orange shit was terrible... not to mention the server was so slow it was probably put up on a 56k modem and all the huge pictures just made it unreadable. Don't remember many of the old members much... that was a very transitional time for the web in general and the birth period of VH related web sites. The more I think of it... Van Halen and Roth related web material was really pretty pioneering in the early days of the internet for big bands.
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• TJMKID
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

I talked to Eddie on AOL one night in late 1995.

I read a People Magazine blurb that Valerie was really into this new thing called the "Internet" and she often visited Usenet groups and the VHML to post updates about the band. So I did a search on AOL one night and saw a user name of "Ed Van Halen" and IM'ed him and he responded. I asked him if he was the real EVH and he said "yes". I made some small talk about "Balance" and then told him he was the greatest guitarist who ever lived. He said "thanks, I appreciate that".

I realize anybody could fake a user name on AOL back then, but I honestly feel like it was the real Eddie Van Halen talking to me that night.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          The BCE can recover it for you...
          Hell, they are probably the ones who fried it in the first place.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Angel
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Yount
            I remember Slawterhouse but never posted. I was a rookie internet boy back then, don't think I would have known what a "forum" was. LOL.

I remember some Dave: Crazy From The Heat audio and perhaps a lot of orange on the site. I remember the "new released song" Look At All The People Here Tonight!

That song was whacked! I was both repulsed and loving it at the same time.

"Fuck the concert, let's go across the street and get ourselves a drink, right here I say!"
            Yeah, I was a rookie too. Had never seen forums before. I do recall thinking "what the fuck" though.
            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Angel
              Yeah, I was a rookie too. Had never seen forums before. I do recall thinking "what the fuck" though.
              I didn't post in the Slawterhouse forum. I had no idea what the hell a forum was The first forum I joined was DDLR. Then I came over here when it crashed the first time and I ran for the hills
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Satan
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

FORD and my Most Unholy self spent so much time at Slawterhouse that a lot of the mortals there thought WE were "The Keepers"

But of course we weren't. If you want to know the identities of The Keepers, just read the liner notes of the DLR Band CD. Everything you need to know is in there.
                Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• DFVH5150
                  Groupie
                  • Apr 2004

I was "Me Wise Vinnie," "K.Y. Vinnie," "Tickle Me Vinnie," and I can't remember the rest. I don't think I posted that much so I doubt anyone remembers. Does anyone remember "Realrocker?" Or was that the DLRML? I enjoyed him. We had fun together.
                  Dave
                  VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Comment

• Little Texan
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I used to go by the "Big Trouble '77" handle back in those days, and I posted exclusively in the Slawterhouse Lounge. I never even registered for the neon orange Backyard BBQ forums or whatever it was called, as I was a member at the Van Hagar Stinks by that time and then became a member here when this place opened up and never went back.

Comment

• conmee
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Mar 2003

Old School Slawterhouse...

Me, Brownsound, Slawterhouse Bug, RB&W, FORD... I still have my Slawterhouse shirt somewhere, was it South Texas Rocker (or someone from SoCal) who made them way back in 2001? Remember the dustup at some radio station with drama and DJs and such ensuing. I only vaguely recall details, but Slawterhouse had its moments...

Yeah, the color scheme left a lot to be desired...

Mind The Gap!©®™

Icon©®™

An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
                      hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• BrownSound1
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Mar 2003

Thread necromancy...don't like it? Tough! I have seniority.

I have fond memories of Slawterhouse, especially during the Betty Page era. All of the folks conmee listed, plus Corrinne, I remember well. Hard to believe that was in the 90's. Where has the time gone?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by conmee
                          Old School Slawterhouse...

Me, Brownsound, Slawterhouse Bug, RB&W, FORD... I still have my Slawterhouse shirt somewhere, was it South Texas Rocker (or someone from SoCal) who made them way back in 2001? Remember the dustup at some radio station with drama and DJs and such ensuing. I only vaguely recall details, but Slawterhouse had its moments...

Yeah, the color scheme left a lot to be desired...

Mind The Gap!©®™

Icon©®™

Sundog made those shirts. There used to be a radio DJ named Carol Springer where one night someone tried to break into the radio station and she was posting about it. We kind of joked about having a Slawterhouse Security crew. Peroxide designed the graffic and Sundog had the shirts made. I have a picture of Coreene in her equestrian fineness somewhere. I have a picture of Sundog stranded in the hills because his bike peddle fell off. LOL! Yeah I remember those days. Time does fly by.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                            I talked to Eddie on AOL one night in late 1995.

I read a People Magazine blurb that Valerie was really into this new thing called the "Internet" and she often visited Usenet groups and the VHML to post updates about the band. So I did a search on AOL one night and saw a user name of "Ed Van Halen" and IM'ed him and he responded. I asked him if he was the real EVH and he said "yes". I made some small talk about "Balance" and then told him he was the greatest guitarist who ever lived. He said "thanks, I appreciate that".

I realize anybody could fake a user name on AOL back then, but I honestly feel like it was the real Eddie Van Halen talking to me that night.
                            Val did hang around in a Van Halen forum in those days. I forgot which one.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                              Hmmm I posted at Slaughterhouse some... yeah the neon orange shit was terrible... not to mention the server was so slow it was probably put up on a 56k modem and all the huge pictures just made it unreadable. Don't remember many of the old members much... that was a very transitional time for the web in general and the birth period of VH related web sites. The more I think of it... Van Halen and Roth related web material was really pretty pioneering in the early days of the internet for big bands.
                              I was dissapointed. I thought Dave would use the internet to take his Dave TV concept further. He's kind of doing it now but it's the old Dave. I would say the Roth Army was the fan site that really did a great job in the early days. You could tell someone gave a damn and put a lot of effort into making the site worthy of Dave's image. The other VH sites kind of seemed faggy. LOL! The Army is where you needed to have a thick skin and it was wild for sure. If your feelings got hurt well, fuck you! LOL!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                                Blame all that shit on Janie!

She aint never havin' a kid with Ed, so the yappy little mutt is the only outlet for her motherly instincts.

Trust me, if Janie popped out a baby we'd never be hearing a peep about "Kody Van Halen".

I think there is truth to your words. I hope Ed knocks the bitch up. Have a kid. You will just look back at the missed opportunity in your older years and wish you did. Plus, that will shut her up about the damn dog.

Comment

Working...