X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rothgate
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jul 2006

Jones Just Stopping In To Say Hello...

This is "Jones" from way back in the day! Just wanted to drop in & say hello to any & all of the Slawterhouse OGs who might still prowl around here. I remember the spring/summer of '98 very well... building the Rothgate website, getting to know Michael Hartman, building & trading the old bootleg collection, getting ripped off by Paul Belfi & never receiving the shirts he supposedly made lol, & getting to know a lot of cool people on the TK moderated message board. Hell, I even met Sarge via that place when I was toying around with the DLArmy name... cool stuff. If anyone is still around, shout!
  • Baby's On Fire
    Veteran
    • May 2004

I have no idea who you are or if you're legit, but I was an original Slawterhouse member.

I remember busting on FORD in about 1997 or 1998.

Most of the members here are not from Slawterhouse......That's an exclusive club.

Maybe the DLR ARMY should resurrect / steal THE MONEY SHOT? Remember the DLR vids off the drums riser from the 1997 tour?

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

I was an occasional lurker there. Think I may have posted once, but darned if I can remember my name.
      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Angel
        but darned if I can remember my name.

You been drinking Aces homemade mead again?
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Rothgate
          Roth Army Recruit
          • Jul 2006

I remember you being around BOF, and this is most certainly legit... wondering if yunigo, Sully, Devon, El Presidente, etc... are still around... I remember Diogo & DLR7884 being instigators on, get this: the DLR E-MAIL LIST... 7884 always referring to him as "Doingo"... poor kid just had bad english (not the band) because he was from Brazil... lol... great memories.

Comment

• TJMKID
            Veteran
            • Mar 2004

I vaguely remember the Slawterhouse site ---- Dave even gave some shout-outs to it during his radio interviews in the late 90's.

I think it may have been his "official" website for a couple years?

Why did it fold?

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
              I vaguely remember the Slawterhouse site ---- Dave even gave some shout-outs to it during his radio interviews in the late 90's.

I think it may have been his "official" website for a couple years?

Why did it fold?
              Roth Radio - We Don't Fuck Around...

I've wondered what happened to it too. It seemed like it had Dave's input and if so had the potential to be epic. But now all we have are the two bullshit official sites. And Ed's dog's twitter or whatever. Which is fucking retarded. When did it become "cool" for the Van Fuckin' Halen spokesperson to be a damn dog?
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• TJMKID
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                And Ed's dog's twitter or whatever. Which is fucking retarded. When did it become "cool" for the Van Fuckin' Halen spokesperson to be a damn dog?

Blame all that shit on Janie!

She aint never havin' a kid with Ed, so the yappy little mutt is the only outlet for her motherly instincts.

Trust me, if Janie popped out a baby we'd never be hearing a peep about "Kody Van Halen".

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

I don't want to ever hear another fucking word from the Van Halen dog. Ever. I love dogs. And I'm happy as shit that Ed and Dave love their dogs. But there's something fundamentally fucked up with having a dog be the spokesperson for the band. How did this happen?

Comment

• TJMKID
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

I don't want to ever hear another fucking word from the Van Halen dog. Ever. I love dogs. And I'm happy as shit that Ed and Dave love their dogs. But there's something fundamentally fucked up with having a dog be the spokesperson for the band. How did this happen?

I'm just happy Rusty Roth isn't giving us updates about his master's sword-training sessions in Japan.

Dave is still cool.

Comment

• Yount
                      Commando
                      • Jan 2012

I remember Slawterhouse but never posted. I was a rookie internet boy back then, don't think I would have known what a "forum" was. LOL.

I remember some Dave: Crazy From The Heat audio and perhaps a lot of orange on the site. I remember the "new released song" Look At All The People Here Tonight!

That song was whacked! I was both repulsed and loving it at the same time.

"Fuck the concert, let's go across the street and get ourselves a drink, right here I say!"

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                        I'm just happy Rusty Roth isn't giving us updates about his master's sword-training sessions in Japan.

Dave is still cool.
                        I just can't bring myself to say what I really want to...

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

I just can't bring myself to say what I really want to...
                          Yeah, I'm biting my tongue too.
                          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Angel
                            I was an occasional lurker there. Think I may have posted once, but darned if I can remember my name.
                            It's Angel. Duh !

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Yount
                              I remember Slawterhouse but never posted. I was a rookie internet boy back then, don't think I would have known what a "forum" was. LOL.

I remember some Dave: Crazy From The Heat audio and perhaps a lot of orange on the site. I remember the "new released song" Look At All The People Here Tonight!

That song was whacked! I was both repulsed and loving it at the same time.

"Fuck the concert, let's go across the street and get ourselves a drink, right here I say!"
                              God damn, that neon orange bullshit gave me headaches. That's pretty much when I gave up on Slawterhouse, is when they did that.

And the whole DMAN lying son of a bitch fiasco. Sad to see a lot of good people be taken in by that assclown.

As for the "song" called "Look at All The People Here Tonight" that was such a damn joke that I made my own techno song with random sound clips mixed in. There was a troll back then (AssCardinal or WattHi or one of those fools) who claimed that Van Halen was working with Steve Miller at the time. Which was obviously total bullshit, but I used that as the basis for creating my own techno mix "Swingtown 2000".

Of course, then the hard drive I had that song on up and died and it's unrecoverable (along with a lot of other shit from those years that I'll never get back)

So if anyone out there still has a copy of my "Swingtown 2000" put that bitch up on You Tube.

And if The Slawterhouse Bug ever reads this site anymore.... you need to put "SevenPoundSealCake" out there!
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...