Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Scraps, Vandeleur and GB - your packages go out today in about 2 hours. It should only take a month or so for them to get to England - I swear the man has put me on a watchlist for mailing all these stacks of DVDs to England

I have got to create a database with all you crazy mofos' addresses in it...
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• gbranton
      Veteran
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by DONNIEP
      Scraps, Vandeleur and GB - your packages go out today in about 2 hours. It should only take a month or so for them to get to England......
      I'm a pretty patient guy but I am curious why you sent mine to England.
      "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
        I'm a pretty patient guy but I am curious why you sent mine to England.
        You don't live in England??? Yours was sent to your home state, no worries Hell, I shoulda just drove down there and handed it to you. You should have your copy by Thursday or Friday, along with the '77 Pasadena show on CD. I need to figure out what you don't have that I do have so I can get you caught up with my stuff and I can put you on the list for new stuff only. Damn, you had to make this difficult, didn't you?

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

You don't live in England??? Yours was sent to your home state, no worries Hell, I shoulda just drove down there and handed it to you.

Damn, you had to make this difficult, didn't you?
          My wife says I'm a difficult guy sometimes.

If you had driven it down, I would have bought the drinks.

Sometime in the next month I am moving up to Huntsville, my wife has lived up there for over a year without me and I am finally about to join her.
          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by vandeleur
            Fourth coming what city is it ? There is a cracking Newcastle 78 one kicking about
            It is the Newcastle show. You and Donnie already have it I presume. It's an A+ copy.....fades in on the first tune.....about a minute or 2 is missing from On Fire. I'm supposed to get a few other England shows from the same tour. I will keep you gents on notice.

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Yeah I sent it to Donniep ... Great show tho .... Plus I know a twat who was there , never fails to mention it when I see him lol
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

I've sent the Newcastle show to several people here. It's not just good - it's unbelievable. Hell, I'm listening to it right now. Every time I listen to it I think about all of the concerts I've been to, and all of the mediocre (for the most part) opening bands I've sat through and it's hard to believe this was their first tour. The entire band is on fire and the show just rockets from song to song. It may be my favorite boot. And it's even cooler to know that Vandeleur has a mate that was actually there.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

I've sent the Newcastle show to several people here. It's not just good - it's unbelievable. Hell, I'm listening to it right now. Every time I listen to it I think about all of the concerts I've been to, and all of the mediocre (for the most part) opening bands I've sat through and it's hard to believe this was their first tour. The entire band is on fire and the show just rockets from song to song. It may be my favorite boot. And it's even cooler to know that Vandeleur has a mate that was actually there.
                  i believe he is a twat
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                    i believe he is a twat
                    You're right - and I don't know if that translates to a buddy but I assumed it did

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

He is a mate , but i am a bitter, jealous man
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                        He is a mate , but i am a bitter, jealous man
                        See, my English English is getting better!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

The shows from 78 are all breath stealers if you ask me.
                          Ed's playing is incredble and Dave's vocals and all the nuances with the delay effect coming in for a second , all spot on.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Fourthcoming sent me a giant stack of boots from the early days and they're all freaking fantastic shows. I hear the early shows and I think "there's just no way these guys weren't going to be the biggest band in the world".

Comment

• fourthcoming

You know Donnie.....I still haven't had time to watch everything you sent me....lol.....I have enjoyed tons between you and Momshell.....it's just that you and she sent me so much.....it's a beautiful thing. I always loved that Pasadena 1977 show.....a buddy of mine gave that to me way back in 1990 on tape. I played it so much that it wore out and was eaten. I finally found it again in 1998 on cd.....such great quality. I love the England shows too because they sound flat out fuckin' mean. I remember seeing an interview where the band says before Donnington 1984 that they were making a conscious effort to play the songs faster because the English audience loved that shit. They were absolutely killing opening up for Sabbath in 1978. Can you imagine what Sabbath must have been thinking having to follow them every night? As I'm listening to the Newcastle show you can hear the audience chanting "one more song" after VH's set......when do you ever hear an audience chanting for more tunes from an at the time relatively unknown opening act? Amazing stuff. Donnie I believe you did send me a copy of Newcastle.....the copy I just bought is a much better sounding copy....please don't take that as being an ungrateful dickhead or some kind of bootleg snob....I'm only mentioning it if you and Vandy want a copy I'll hook it up.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                                Donnie I believe you did send me a copy of Newcastle.....the copy I just bought is a much better sounding copy....please don't take that as being an ungrateful dickhead or some kind of bootleg snob....I'm only mentioning it if you and Vandy want a copy I'll hook it up.
                                Dude - if you have a clearer copy I definitely want one!! And I'm sure Vandeleur would too! I'll send you a PM here shortly.

Comment

Working...