• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

That certainly was chock full of "meh".
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Tone aside, Eddies playing sounds pretty damn good here. It honestly should have been on tour & making a new album with Dave at that time. Man, the stars all lined up for them to be the biggest reunion of all times in 1996 and Eddie fucked it up.

This was interesting to listen to though. I'd like to hear the Coverdale stuff. Funny how everyone tries to sing these songs like Dave & not make it their own.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by sadaist
        Funny how everyone tries to sing these songs like Dave & not make it their own.
        That's because Dave owns them tunes , van halen having another singer try Dave's tunes is like Elvis reforming without Elvis
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Sounds like one of those generic hair band singers, but that's not surprising since Andrew is his biggest fan.

A demo with MIKE Malloy singing would have been far more interesting than this
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
            Veteran
            • Feb 2004

Fuck, the Cherone tour ended up like that. I saw them at the Del Mar Fair. Day of the tickets were only $10 and that included entrance to the fair. WTF?
            That would've killed me to see Van Halen in a setting like that.
            Last edited by ALMOSTsaved; 10-10-2012, 12:53 PM.
            I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

The VH III tour was absolutely painful....

Embarrassing is probably a better word....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                The VH III tour was absolutely painful....

Embarrassing it probably a better word....
                I've only seen the few clips that have been up here. But I did sit through an entire boot of it over on the Van Halen Radio site just to actually see what it sounded like. It sucked balls. Gary's a nice guy, blah blah fuckety blah. Whatever. The show sucked and hearing Gary sing Dave's songs was like getting your dick caught in your zipper - you only do it once.
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
                  That would've killed me to see Van Halen in a setting like that.
                  I've said it before here, but I was at the Del mar Fair show. We left about 2/3 through. I remember walking through the parking lot & hearing Panama. Was so depressing. My favorite band was ruined. The only highlight (kinda) was when gary left the stage & Michael Anthony sang Somebody Get Me A Doctor. They would have been more accepted as Van Halen if they just went as a 3 man band & let MA do the singing. Although his voice is pretty high, at least he belongs in VH. i could have stomached that.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                    I've only seen the few clips that have been up here. But I did sit through an entire boot of it over on the Van Halen Radio site just to actually see what it sounded like. It sucked balls. Gary's a nice guy, blah blah fuckety blah. Whatever. The show sucked and hearing Gary sing Dave's songs was like getting your dick caught in your zipper - you only do it once.
                    Honestly, I'd rather listen to an entire boot than watch clips from that tour. At least with the boots you wouldn't have to watch Gary prancing around and doing horrifying things like bending over and reaching underneath himself to grab his own ass- I still have retinal scarring from that. His frontman skills were...lacking.

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Don't know , I liked his break ya neck fall down the stairs move he brought out in Australia .... Giggled my tits off doesn't cover it
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I was still working "in the industry" in '96, and I remember all of us being SO excited around the office when we got an advance copy of "Me Wise Magic" ... it was euphoric. The morning after the MTV awards debacle, we were like "Dunno, man - Eddie was visibly getting pissed at Roth (being Roth)..." Everyone had that feeling in the pit of their stomach it was about to all go to shit again, and it did. When we found out about Roth being ousted for Cherone, the entire office was bummed. Our favorite band had done possibly the dumbest/lamest thing on earth - surpassing the stupidity of getting Tubby McHagar in the band, and no one thought that was even POSSIBLE... Malloy would have been a self-inflicted shot in the foot too...
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
                          Honestly, I'd rather listen to an entire boot than watch clips from that tour. At least with the boots you wouldn't have to watch Gary prancing around and doing horrifying things like bending over and reaching underneath himself to grab his own ass- I still have retinal scarring from that. His frontman skills were...lacking.
                          I was hanging out, watching wrestling on tv, getting high and drinking with a bunch of guitar players from my own and a few other bands the night that VH At The Ten Spot disaster came on. They kept saying "Forget this crap, put the wrestling back on, ya dope." I urged them to stick with it, as it might turn out OK. About five seconds later, Cherone did his "Fire In The Hole" bend over routine, embarrassing not only me but a visably surprised Alex Van Halen. Everyone in the room gave me a highly disdainful glare, the tv remote was ripped from my hand and I lost all musical credibility for roughly the next three months.

As Colonel Kurtz would say: "The horror! The horror!"

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                            Just remember...Patty Smyth and Jimmy Barnes were supposedly in the running at one point, too. And if you really want to huff on some spray paint cans, you could believe those David Coverdale rumors as well. Man, it's been a lean 26 years, ain't it?
                            So was Sass Jordan... I'd like to hear recordings of that one...
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Just remember...Patty Smyth and Jimmy Barnes were supposedly in the running at one point, too. And if you really want to huff on some spray paint cans, you could believe those David Coverdale rumors as well. Man, it's been a lean 26 years, ain't it?
                              The Patty Smyth deal might have been interesting... but Yes, it's been a damn lean 26 years...
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Yount
                                Commando
                                • Jan 2012

I didn't know Van Halen auditioned Ted Danson for the vocs. Cool!

And this sounds just like when you hear these mash up bands make a tribute to VH. Guitarist from Enuff Z Nuff, singer from Trixter, bass player from Faster Pussycat....etc.
                                LOL man too true. So can we call these boys together a "supergroup" too?

Jimmy Barnes ... supposedly in the running at one point, too.
                                I reckon that might have worked, cos I'm pretty sure Barnsey was a massive fan of the odd quiet ale.

Comment

Working...