X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
    Some of Ecco shoes are made in Asia (not all), but everything is controlled from Denmark. They have their own factories, they make their own leather. Actually Eccos leather is sold to many other companies. Louis Vuitton buys their leather from Ecco.
    But Ecco also has factories in Europe.
    You can get good quality out of China if you own the factory and hire your own employees. There's a mountaineering company here in the states that had to move some manufacturing to China because they just couldn't find enough people who knew how to sew to the quality level demanded. Since some of their stuff is used on Everest level expeditions, bad sewing could cost someone their life so it's important. So they bought a factory and hired their own employees.

The problem I have is too many companies contract to have shoes made in China by other manufactures and the Chinese have a low instep and flat feet. In many cases the Chinese build the shoes to fit their feet and they don't fit mine. That's what the problem is.

That's what my new job is going to be. I'm going to be working for a holding company and I will be going to China a lot to check on operations.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• envy_me
      Swedish Love Pump
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      You can get good quality out of China if you own the factory and hire your own employees. There's a mountaineering company here in the states that had to move some manufacturing to China because they just couldn't find enough people who knew how to sew to the quality level demanded. Since some of their stuff is used on Everest level expeditions, bad sewing could cost someone their life so it's important. So they bought a factory and hired their own employees.

The problem I have is too many companies contract to have shoes made in China by other manufactures and the Chinese have a low instep and flat feet. In many cases the Chinese build the shoes to fit their feet and they don't fit mine. That's what the problem is.

But Ecco really cares about every detail of the shoe. And the strange thing is that Asians, especially Chinese are CRAZY about Ecco shoes. I am not joking, we get busloads of them. Literally a bus full of chinese tourists parks outside of the shop and they come in and go nuts. I have also heard from my old boss, who used to travel to Japan, that Ecco is really big there too.
      The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Although I do think that Adidas have much better arch support. I also have high arch and Adidas is very good.

Try Ecco Biom sometime. I have two pairs and they are great.

God, I could talk forever about this subject
        Frankly Nike stuff fits me horrible. So I am more of an Adidas person. Even in cowboy boots I have to buy a certain brand. Justins don't fit worth a damn. Noconas fit me perfect and Tony Lama's are ok. You get the right pair of cowboy boots and break them in, they are more comfy than anything. I probably have more shoes than most women do. LOL! You should see my closet. Just my ski boots alone is a bit obscene.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

But Ecco really cares about every detail of the shoe. And the strange thing is that Asians, especially Chinese are CRAZY about Ecco shoes. I am not joking, we get busloads of them. Literally a bus full of chinese tourists parks outside of the shop and they come in and go nuts. I have also heard from my old boss, who used to travel to Japan, that Ecco is really big there too.
          The Chinese have a middle class now. It's the people who started their own businesses and they have some disposable income and they like quality. Yeah we have busloads of chinese tourists come through here. Most of them seem to be from Hong Kong which China left to be a common wealth. Lot's of money there and I speak cantonese so I can talk with those people. It used to be Japanese tourists and now it's Chinese tourists. The Bank of Japan fucked the Japanses over like the Federal Reserve has fucked us over. They create real estate bubbles with low interest rates and once it pops, it can take forever to recover.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

You can't compete with the Chinese on volume or price but you can always beat them on quality.

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

Frankly Nike stuff fits me horrible. So I am more of an Adidas person. Even in cowboy boots I have to buy a certain brand. Justins don't fit worth a damn. Noconas fit me perfect and Tony Lama's are ok. You get the right pair of cowboy boots and break them in, they are more comfy than anything. I probably have more shoes than most women do. LOL! You should see my closet. Just my ski boots alone is a bit obscene.

Adidas are amazing. Nike sucks. I bought some aerobics shoes from nike once, costed like 300 dollars, they had no more support then Converse have. They sucked!!! Reebok is so unstable, just too soft. Adidas is the thing!

I have seen everything when it comes to feet. I don't want to get hallux valgus. That is why arch support is so important, it makes your toes stay in a different angle. Also I have talked with so many people who have heel spurs, they say it hurts like hell. I don't want to get that either. So without any support of the arche, you put all the weight on your heel and (I don't know what it's called, trampdyna in swedish, find it if you can ), but with support, you divide your weight on a much bigger surface.
              The support is extremely important from all aspects.

Comment

• envy_me
                Swedish Love Pump
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Dec 2010

The Chinese have a middle class now. It's the people who started their own businesses and they have some disposable income and they like quality. Yeah we have busloads of chinese tourists come through here. Most of them seem to be from Hong Kong which China left to be a common wealth. Lot's of money there and I speak cantonese so I can talk with those people. It used to be Japanese tourists and now it's Chinese tourists. The Bank of Japan fucked the Japanses over like the Federal Reserve has fucked us over. They create real estate bubbles with low interest rates and once it pops, it can take forever to recover.

Okey, but you seem to know a lot about chinese people. Why do they act so strange??

Comment

• katina
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Yount
                  My heart always sinks a little when I first glimpse "the tatt" fooling around with someone new.

And what is it, thought I, after all! It's only his outside; a man can be honest in any sort of skin. - Moby-Dick
                  A Massachusetts schoolmaster, Ishmael chose to give up the comfort and security of his classroom and fulfill his romantic desire to go to sea. Leaving Manhatto, he traveled to the seaport town of New Bedford to seek out work on a whaler.

Ishmael’s first night in New Bedford was spent in the crusty Spouter Inn near the water_ front. There he found the only bed available which, by necessity, he consented to share with an unknown harpooner. His roommate turned out to be a bizarre fellow indeed, a hardened South-sea islander whose body was covered with tattoos. But after Ishmael’s initial fear had subsided, he found this “strange bedfellow,” Queequeg, to be quite friendly. The huge man offered to share his small fortune and an embalmed human head with Ishmael. “At first I knew not what to make of this,” Ishmael said, “but soon an inkling of the truth occurred to me. I remembered a story of a white man – a whaleman too – who, falling among cannibals, had been tattooed by them. I concluded that this harpooner, in the course of his distant voy_ ages, must have met with a similar adventure. And what is it, thought 1, after all! It’s only his outside; a man can be honest in any sort of skin.”

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Okey, but you seem to know a lot about chinese people. Why do they act so strange??
                    Because they have a whole separate culture that goes back thousands of years. Everything about them is strange if you are used to the European way of doing things. Trust me when my family moved to Hong Kong I thought I was living on Mars. You just have to toss the book of everything you learned growing up out the window and start over. I have a gear shift in my head. When I deal with the Chinese I shift it and go into Chinese mode. It's one big reason I landed this new job. I understand the Chinese. Most people don't. LOL!

Rule number one is never make them lose face. In their culture one of the worst things you can do is insult someone in public or make them look bad. So there is a lot of kind of fake politeness and BS going on. You shovel lots of bullshit in Chinese culture and the real trick is find the reality in it. Lot's of manuvering and playing the game. It can be fun.
                    Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-19-2012, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

I have two of these, just cause they are so great.

ecco.jpg

Comment

• envy_me
                        Swedish Love Pump
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Dec 2010

Because they have a whole separate culture that goes back thousands of years. Everything about them is strange if you are used to the European way of doing things. Trust me when my family moved to Hong Kong I thought I was living on Mars. You just have to toss the book of everything you learned growing up out the window and start over. I have a gear shift in my head. When I deal with the Chinese I shift it and go into Chinese mode. It's one big reason I landed this new job. I understand the Chinese. Most people don't. LOL!

But, why? I just don't understand. What do they mean with the things they do? They spit and fart indoors. With no shame. They have never heard of queueing system. They can't even form a line to the register. What's going on???

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Also in in their minds, being Chinese is superior to all other cultures but being from the part of China the family is from is superior to the rest of China. So it's family first and home first over all else. This western political correctness of one world is BS to them. But they may play in agreement if they think they can get something out of it. Just remember they think they are better than you and in their culture relationships are everything. You are either in the circle or out of it. They are kind of like Italians on the family before all thing. The key to doing business with the Chinese is to be so well liked they adopt you into the family because without that, you are an outsider. It's all about pecking order and once you are inside there is a whole other pecking order.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

But, why? I just don't understand. What do they mean with the things they do? They spit and fart indoors. With no shame. They have never heard of queueing system. They can't even form a line to the register. What's going on???
                            Farting and spitting? They must be northern Chinese. Does everyone wait their turn at the register or do the fight with each other?

Comment

• envy_me
                              Swedish Love Pump
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Dec 2010

Also in in their minds, being Chinese is superior to all other cultures but being from the part of China the family is from is superior to the rest of China. So it's family first and home first over all else. This western political correctness of one world is BS to them. But they may play in agreement if they think they can get something out of it. Just remember they think they are better than you and in their culture relationships are everything. You are either in the circle or out of it. They are kind of like Italians on the family before all thing. The key to doing business with the Chinese is to be so well liked they adopt you into the family because without that, you are an outsider. It's all about pecking order and once you are inside there is a whole other pecking order.
                              But that is crazy, cause WE are the ones who look down on THEM But I actually got along with one chinese, he was a guide and translator to the group of tourists. He actually lived here, maybe thats why I could talk to him. We spoke about foot binding and fake boobs It was fun

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Oh yeah the foot binding. The rich Chinese bound their childrens feet thinking they were above having to walk. When the communists took over and stole all the wealth, those people had a rough time. I have one photo I took in 1982 of an old Chinese lady with bound feet hobbling with a cane. Obviously her parents were rich before chairman Mao took over.

These sound like northern Chinese you are dealing with. Not may favorite people. The southern Chinese have better manners.
                                Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-19-2012, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Working...