Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zing!
    Veteran
    • Oct 2011

He's in Pasadena, CA. Why don't you go tell him yourself?
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Really? Another guy here claiming that their childhood hero is no longer manly enough for there tastes? Good fucking grief already! Tell you what. You run in place, never evolve, never grow up, never change your style, tastes or interests and just remain a frozen ghost of what you once were, all to please your adoring public. Tell me how that works out for you.

IMHO, Dave has aged in a manner that I can only hope to achieve. He's still youthful, athletic, in touch, intelligent, creative, active, surprising, funny... I mean, really, who has aging down as well as he does?

I absolutely loved episode 7 of the Roth Show. It not only shows who is now, but how he has always been. An exuberant ball of human energy, whit and art.

Comment

• Zing!
        Veteran
        • Oct 2011

Well said, Bridge. You gotta love the people demanding that Dave start taking his rock stardom more seriously when his entire career was built around not taking it very seriously.
        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• philouze
          Banned
          • Mar 2004

Dave is where he is. I like the "today" DLR. The guy has always had class. Still has.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Threads merged....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• fraroc
              Commando
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by wolfsbane
              First off, let me say that the lights that break at the top of the page are amazing.

I have been keeping up with the Roth show stuff, and I just read the articles about the making of 1984, and I just listened to Me Wise Magic and CGTSNM. I am also remembering the DLR band cd - which was what came out of the 1996 reunion experience.

I am now saying that DLR has been neutered.

I am not getting the DLR that I want. I want that belligerant, irreverent, loud, demanding, seemingly out of control rock and roll animal. What happened? Did EVH and Wolf push DLR into a cage and DLR is willing to stay in it?

I saw the real DLR at the press conference in 2007. Then he disappeared.

I already know that you DLR asskissers are going to tell me that I don't understand the genius of DLR these days. I say to you, you may be right, but you wish the real DLR was back.

Where is David Lee Roth - you know that we need him more than ever now.
              The man is fucking FIFTY-SEVEN years old. He's not in his 20s and 30s anymore. He dosen't hide his middle age, he embraces it. He still does spinning kicks on stage which is amazing for a man in his mid to late fiftes. Dave is not in a "cage" What I saw on stage on Feburary 28th 2012 at MSG was a man who wasn't afraid to express himself on stage, through stories and his dance moves.

You sound just like DaveSUCKSLive on Youtube AKA Samantha Bette Hagar.
              How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

He's 58, born in 1954....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Blaze
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                  Really? Another guy here claiming that their childhood hero is no longer manly enough for there tastes? Good fucking grief already! Tell you what. You run in place, never evolve, never grow up, never change your style, tastes or interests and just remain a frozen ghost of what you once were, all to please your adoring public. Tell me how that works out for you.

IMHO, Dave has aged in a manner that I can only hope to achieve. He's still youthful, athletic, in touch, intelligent, creative, active, surprising, funny... I mean, really, who has aging down as well as he does?

I absolutely loved episode 7 of the Roth Show. It not only shows who is now, but how he has always been. An exuberant ball of human energy, whit and art.
                  yep..... being just a party guy is pretty 1d.

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                  sigpic

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Wolfsbane - if you're missing the old Dave pop in a bootleg. Give the 08/17/02 show a spin in your DVD player - classic Dave.
                    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                      Veteran
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                      Wolfsbane - if you're missing the old Dave pop in a bootleg. Give the 08/17/02 show a spin in your DVD player - classic Dave.
                      Dave is awesome as an entertainer and rock 'n' roll icon.

I just want to see more of the real DLR as a human....and less forced schtick. The New Guinea material and his home exhibits were awesome. I'd love to see more about the EMT stuff....just walking his dogs, etc.

Fuck the forced Diamond Dave horseshit.....I wanna see more of real Dave.

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

STFU,Ass On Fire.
                        Last edited by Dan; 12-28-2012, 09:11 PM. Reason: Cos He Makes Make Sick With His BS.
                        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• fraroc
                          Commando
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Dan
                          STFU,Ass On Fire.
                          Krusty is Baby's on Fire future wife.
                          How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I want to go on record as saying I fucking LOVE the Roth Show clips.. thank you, David Lee Roth, for giving us constant entertainment
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• vh rides again
                              Commando
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                              Dave is awesome as an entertainer and rock 'n' roll icon.

I just want to see more of the real DLR as a human....and less forced schtick. The New Guinea material and his home exhibits were awesome. I'd love to see more about the EMT stuff....just walking his dogs, etc.

Fuck the forced Diamond Dave horseshit.....I wanna see more of real Dave.
                              So
                              Since your idea of a real rock and roll man isn't what your getting in these vids, you decide to call him a faggot ?

You should check yourself because its a pretty lame way to act.

If I owned this joint, your ass would be gone.
                              I can't understand how the people that own this place would allow you to be here.
                              There's all kinds of infractions allowed here just so this place can be different from the other dlr sites ,but in my mind you have crossed the line.

I'll bet if you called David lee Roth a faggot to his face, you'd be picking your teeth up off the floor.

You should go on a hunt to satisfy your need for a real man that you can enjoy that doesn't bring these feelings of homosexuality to the surface.

Don't bother responding, I ain't listening.

Roth And Roll

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                                I want to go on record as saying I fucking LOVE the Roth Show clips.. thank you, David Lee Roth, for giving us constant entertainment
                                What he said.
                                Originally posted by conmee
                                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                                Originally posted by eddie78
                                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...