Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    of coarse.
    Of course...

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      When has Dave really been anything but single?

Sure, he broke with tradition and mentioned, even allowed a picture of an alleged "girl friend" in Japan... but his treks to Japan have been just the usual, brief self-indulgent hobby excursions. I suspect that young Japanese woman was just another side trip.

Once the thrill of posing in cartoon masks publicly with his dog, a few walks in the park in his plaid suit and Dave had exhausted his worn out humor used and reused over the course of many summers... the new wore off and the messy business of real relationships entered the equation. Then Dave headed home... to dance on his empty dance floor... have long philosophical talks by his empty pool... play with his dog.

They probably found themselves sitting silently wondering why they were in the same room... The aging rock star chasing rainbows as the sun sets on his career and life... and the young woman with a whole future ahead of her, family plans and traditional Japanese values. Doesn't take a great visionary to see where that union was all heading...

There was a time many of us envied Dave's fabulous, flamboyant life or at least what he "sold" us publicly. As time marches on and another endless summer approaches... I feel a sense of sadness for the man. By all accounts, in 60 years he's never found his soul-mate... either they never crossed paths or he was too busy acting the clown and running his mouth to notice the "special one" other than the one in the mirror...
      Dave said he had an unhappy childhood. His parents fought all the time and then divorced. Dave's childhood was unhappy parents and a dad in school. I guess he moved around quite a bit and he said in his book he chose to be a loner because when he made friends, he just had to move away and be friendless again.

I can remember Eddie Van Halen saying in the early 80's in an interview he never knew David Lee Roth because Dave always had a wall up around him and you never really saw the real Dave. That's from a guy in the band and I've herd more than one entertainer say, you know your band mates better than your own family because you work and live with them that much.

Sammy Hagar said he was expecting Dave on the Sam and Dave tour to be the life of the party backstage. He said the man never came out of his dressing room or tour bus. People wanted to party with Dave and they would try and get him to come out but Dave wouldn't.

To be honest it seems like Dave is a bit of a recluse in real life. He's got his Diamond Dave act but then David Roth seems to maybe have a hard time socializing on the real human level. Maybe a set of skills he never really learned. I see lots of sugar coating with a lonely person inside of it.

Heck. We live in a society that can't make relationships work. We want it all and we want it NOW!. When we are done with it we toss it away. It's a disposable society. Well, relationships don't work that way. They are like a garden. You have to have good soil and then you have to plant the seeds and nurture it over a period of time. People compensate for their relationship disfunction with pets. This is why you see people treating their dogs more like a person than a dog.
      Last edited by Nitro Express; 04-15-2014, 01:37 PM.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ELVIS
        Of course...
        Dammit! If only I had been born smart instead of good looking.

Seriously, I've been fucking up the easy shit like crazy lately.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

Dammit! If only I had been born smart instead of good looking.

Seriously, I've been fucking up the easy shit like crazy lately.
          nowhere near as bad as dale tho
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• TJMKID
            Veteran
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            To be honest it seems like Dave is a bit of a recluse in real life. He's got his Diamond Dave act but then David Roth seems to maybe have a hard time socializing on the real human level. Maybe a set of skills he never really learned. I see lots of sugar coating with a lonely person inside of it.

People compensate for their relationship disfunction with pets. This is why you see people treating their dogs more like a person than a dog.

I think rock stars are forced to live inside a bubble. I'd only be able to stomach that paparazzi shit for about 3 days before I start firing caps at 'em and breaking kneecaps. Dave got a pretty cool hideout in a quiet Pasadena neighborhood and I can't think of a better place for a 60 yr. old guy to just chill on a warm spring day.

Besides, Eddie VH is supposedly happily married right now and yet I never see him out in public except for being dragged to a hockey game by his son. Ed also spends a creepy amt. of time posting more photos with him and his dog than his own wife.

Comment

• Mushroom
              Commando
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Angel
              Besides, the groupies reported he was a really lousy lay.
              Dave fucked'em, he didn't make love to them! What did those sluts, huhh hmm, I mean groupies, expect?

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I never watched the Notebook... WTF was it about?

So you slack-jawed idiots don't like the term soul-mate... BFD. He never found a Cool Ole Lady either. Maybe that's too sappy too... how about Bitch I can tolerate..?

Dave never had to settle for finding a soulmate because he was too happy living a life of fantasy that was unreachable for the rest of us. Lots of memories were made, and that's all you can take with you to the grave.
                LMAO... yeah big life of fantasy... milling around in his empty 20-room, Italianate mansion in overalls, dancing alone with his dog and babbling pool-side for a few hours a month in front of 2 digital cameras or sitting in his basement among the artifacts from when the circus came to town 11 years ago for a Bar-B-Q...

My point was for all that huge life and beautiful surroundings Dave has and had... it's all empty and devoid of life beyond, him, his dog and the kid who comes by with a camera once in a while...
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

I dunno man. Seems to me we know fuck all about Dave's personal life.
                  The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Zing!
                    Veteran
                    • Oct 2011

My point was for all that huge life and beautiful surroundings Dave has and had... it's all empty and devoid of life beyond, him, his dog and the kid who comes by with a camera once in a while...
                    I would tend to agree that the Roth Show has ended up giving us too long of a peek behind the curtain of Dave's mystique. While it was cool at first (particularly when it included video and various dirt on the glory years), it has now become uncomfortable for all but Dave, his dog, and the cameraman cashing his checks.
                    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

So you slack-jawed idiots don't like the term soul-mate... BFD. He never found a Cool Ole Lady either. Maybe that's too sappy too... how about Bitch I can tolerate...?
                      This slack-jawed idiot found the perfect girl, plain and simple.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

This slack-jawed idiot found the perfect girl, plain and simple.
                        Same here... well after I learned a thing or two the first time around on what constitutes perfection then applied it the 2nd time!!
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by TJMKID
                          Besides, Eddie VH is supposedly happily married right now and yet I never see him out in public except for being dragged to a hockey game by his son. Ed also spends a creepy amt. of time posting more photos with him and his dog than his own wife.
                          If you can call that yappy oversized hamster a dog.

Who would be seen dead outside with that thing, it would be more at home hanging out the Gucci bag of some clueless old rich bitch in Beverly Hills...

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Ripping on the little dog now ??

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                              nowhere near as bad as dale tho
                              Bite me PB

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                If you can call that yappy oversized hamster a dog.

Who would be seen dead outside with that thing, it would be more at home hanging out the Gucci bag of some clueless old rich bitch
                                Hagar?

Comment

Working...