X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Northern Girl
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    Not speaking excessively is a tip I heard from many.
    I think Dave spends plenty of time alone talking to no one. Probably more than the average person.

what we've heard and info he's shared with us
    is all BS...
    Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Northern Girl
      He sounds the same as he always has.
      No he doesn't...

He sounds like Dio did right before he died...

Comment

• Northern Girl
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Now he's on death's door...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

is all BS...
          What I meant by the "what we've heard" is how he had sounded on the last tour and how he sounds now. Can't be BS if it was actually heard.

Comment

• Northern Girl
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

how he sounds now
            Where's Dave been performing? I must have missed it...

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's not the voice. It's the delivery...

Dave is trying to come across like he's still "rockstar" with the drinking and smoking. I don't buy it. I think it's all talk. If you are as conscientious about eating and staying as lean as he is, you are not fucking that up with alcohol. Yeah, he's still got the smoking demon, but 1-2 cigs a day isn't such a big deal. I haven't seen his lung x-rays, and I'm sure there's some cumulative damage there; but it can be lessened by quitting or cutting back. I won't pretend to have stats or the desire to find any, so I won't. But if there's no chance for reversal, why bother quitting at all?
              For someone who has smoked as long as Dave has... there's no way in hell he smokes 1-2 cigarettes a day. In the opening sequence of the latest issue Dave's yucking it up and then displays the most typical smokers cough I've seen, heard and performed myself. No matter how long one has smoked... quitting will have benefits especially to one's throat and lungs which are vital to a singer's ability to perform. Switching to e-cigarettes will make a huge difference. I can say so... I'm almost 8 weeks tobacco free and it's amazing the improvements.
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Where's Dave been performing? I must have missed it...
                Sister smarty-pants, I'm referring to the on and off struggles Dave exhibited during the 2012 tour. Read through some of the tour threads if you need a refresher course. The headset mic, the dance floor and the blower rants weren't the only topics on the menu for our fearless leader.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  For someone who has smoked as long as Dave has... there's no way in hell he smokes 1-2 cigarettes a day.
                  When he said that during the Rogan show, I actually assumed he meant 1-2 packs a day.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Sister smarty-pants, I'm referring to the on and off struggles Dave exhibited during the 2012 tour. Read through some of the tour threads if you need a refresher course. The headset mic, the dance floor and the blower rants weren't the only topics on the menu for our fearless leader.
                    Yes, but the discussion started out about what Dave has been doing in his down time since the tour, which everyone is making a lot of assumptions about.

I can bust your balls all day. I am the Nutcracker!!

Comment

• Northern Girl
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      For someone who has smoked as long as Dave has... there's no way in hell he smokes 1-2 cigarettes a day. In the opening sequence of the latest issue Dave's yucking it up and then displays the most typical smokers cough I've seen, heard and performed myself. No matter how long one has smoked... quitting will have benefits especially to one's throat and lungs which are vital to a singer's ability to perform. Switching to e-cigarettes will make a huge difference. I can say so... I'm almost 8 weeks tobacco free and it's amazing the improvements.
                      He's been saying 1-2 cigs a day since his radio show...could be BS like all the rest...he's probably not a selected bullshitter.

Comment

• envy_me
                        Swedish Love Pump
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Dec 2010

I personally don't care that much about his voice. Daves strong side was never his singing, it was entertaining. If I wanna hear good singing I'll listen to Freddie or George Michael and not Van Halen.
                        As long as Dave is all about sex, drugs (lighter ones ) and rock'n roll I can tolerate his voice.
                        The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

selected bullshitter.
                          ** selective

Comment

• Monkeeman
                            Groupie
                            • Jul 2012

Dave's a great front man, not a great singer. But because he isn't a great singer, he can't let what voice he has got deteriorate too much. His raspy voice now sounds more suited to his song about his plastic chair than it does to Light Up The Skies or Dance The Night Away.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Monkeeman
                              Dave's a great front man, not a great singer. But because he isn't a great singer, he can't let what voice he has got deteriorate too much. His raspy voice now sounds more suited to his song about his plastic chair than it does to Light Up The Skies or Dance The Night Away.
                              He was perfect on Dance the Night Away in Minneapolis last year, especially that one part - you know the one!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by envy_me
                                I personally don't care that much about his voice. Daves strong side was never his singing, it was entertaining.
                                Dave's greatest strength was that he had no weaknesses! You're a relatively newer fan who's into to his intelligent persona, sex appeal and showmanship. He's still got that going on, so your pretty much covered. Older fans couldn't disagree with you more, however, regarding Dave's vocal abilities. He sang (and screamed) with such a powerful dynamic through out the bulk of his career. Sammy couldn't emulate the record version of RWTD to save his life, yet he's always been touted as the better singer. I personally enjoy Dave's singing and lyrics more than all of the other stuff.

Comment

Working...