• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • envy_me
    Swedish Love Pump
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    Yeah, that promptness element does kinda suck some of the fun out of it. Bands that still play in clubs don't resort to that sort of, sterile behavior. I def. see your point.
    EXACTLY!!!

It's not like that with Yngwie (whatever you might think of his music) he just takes you on this rollercoaster of feelings. I imagine that it might have been like that back in the days...
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• envy_me
      Swedish Love Pump
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Coyote
      C'mon, Coverdale's getting slightly older... What did you except?
      I know. but it was such a disappointment. I haven't listened to Whitesnake since, it just remindes me of all my broken illusions that were shattered that night.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by envy_me
        EXACTLY!!!

It's not like that with Yngwie (whatever you might think of his music) he just takes you on this rollercoaster of feelings. I imagine that it might have been like that back in the days...
        I'll admit, I was a bit harsh on him a few months ago. His attitude probably is what the genre needs. I was just never a fan of the whole 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag way of playing. He certainly doesn't suck though.

Comment

• envy_me
          Swedish Love Pump
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Dec 2010

I'll admit, I was a bit harsh on him a few months ago. His attitude probably is what the genre needs. I was just never a fan of the whole 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag way of playing. He certainly doesn't suck though.
          Amen, brother. I grew up with his music so I like it. But his attitude IS EXACTLY what the genre needs.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Welcome back, my friends ... twitter.com/DavidLeeRoth/s…— David Lee Roth (@DavidLeeRoth) December 29, 2012
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• clarathecarrot
              Full Member Status

• May 2010

Cool Shot.
              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Zing!
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by envy_me
                I realize it's not his fault. It's the manegement. I just wish it wasn't like that... In my dreams, Dave tells manegement to go fuck themselves, comes out does a fantastic show like it used to be when rock'n roll was big and everybody loves him, and we all live happily ever after.
                Get what I'm saying?
                I will say this - I wish they would do a proper encore (or two). I mean, we all know they're going to play Jump, but would it kill them to build up the excitement a bit by making us wait a minute in the dark for it? Imagine how blown away people would be if they came back out and played Drop Dead Legs... And THEN did their non encore with Jump?

Springsteen still gets the importance of the encore. You would think Dave, being the entertainer that he is, would get this as well.

P.S. And yes, they should just drop Jump from the set-list entirely, but we all know that isn't going to happen. If anything, I'd rather it be the first song than the last.
                My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Yeah, that promptness element does kinda suck some of the fun out of it. Bands that still play in clubs don't resort to that sort of, sterile behavior. I def. see your point.
                  I have no problem what-so-ever with the band wanting to start on time as advertised... unfortunately I'm not 18 and have a real job that requires me to show up on time and not be half-dead from the night before... VH on at 9 and off at 11 works juuuuuust fine for me. Take a look at how well the rock star tardiness has worked out for fucking Asshole Rose and the GnR experience... I'd be pissed off spending $100-$200+ only to be kept waiting 2-3 hours just because... fuck that shit.
                  As mentioned, times have changed, if you want to live the 80's VH experience get some bootlegs, drink a case of beer and crank it. It works for me.
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Blaze
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    Welcome back, my friends ... twitter.com/DavidLeeRoth/s…— David Lee Roth (@DavidLeeRoth) December 29, 2012
                    Cool timing. :cheers:
                    Thanks and peace Bro.
                    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                    sigpic

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

That would be a great song for VH to redo...

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                        Veteran
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]9320[/ATTACH]

Come at me, bitch.

:dafinger::mad0244:
                        Anytime bitch.

You little punks are always amusing. I'll beat your ass while flossing my teeth, and still not even work up a sweat.

Another internet tough guy. The only thing you can beat is your own tiny dick. And you'd probably still lose.

Think carefully....very carefully.

If you're able to think...and when you think you're done thinking....PM me and we'll get it on.

Comment

• Unchainme
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                          Anytime bitch.

You little punks are always amusing. I'll beat your ass while flossing my teeth, and still not even work up a sweat.

Another internet tough guy. The only thing you can beat is your own tiny dick. And you'd probably still lose.

Think carefully....very carefully.

If you're able to think...and when you think you're done thinking....PM me and we'll get it on.
                          Tiger-Cats suck

Eskimos for life.
                          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Unchainme
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2005

seriously why do you give a shit how dave acts?

does that somehow affect your enjoyment of him? are you that uncomfortable with your own sexuality?

who gives a shit.
                            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by VAiN
                              I have no problem what-so-ever with the band wanting to start on time as advertised... unfortunately I'm not 18 and have a real job that requires me to show up on time and not be half-dead from the night before... VH on at 9 and off at 11 works juuuuuust fine for me. Take a look at how well the rock star tardiness has worked out for fucking Asshole Rose and the GnR experience... I'd be pissed off spending $100-$200+ only to be kept waiting 2-3 hours just because... fuck that shit.
                              As mentioned, times have changed, if you want to live the 80's VH experience get some bootlegs, drink a case of beer and crank it. It works for me.
                              I see both sides actually. My show this year was on a Tuesday which is kinda beat, so yeah, getting out at a decent time, scooting home with ringing ears and getting 5 hours of sleep before work worked out ok.

A few years back, I saw Ratt and Extreme at a small club and it was more of a loose atmosphere. Hanging by the bar with friends from the good old days, shooting the shit and not really caring when the band goes on because it was a Friday and I was living in a moment. The more punctual shows like this current VH one were a bit more like going to a play or a musical. Everything is spotless, there are pages everywhere making sure you don't fart in the wrong direction and the only thing missing is the playbill. That's all fine and good, but the atmosphere at a concert back in the day was definitely missing.

Comment

• Sarge
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

That is pretty cool....
                                ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                                The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                                [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

Working...