X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coyote
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
    Here's the vid, Roth Show 4. I wonder if it is Super-8 handheld camera footage - still, look what Page did with stuff like that for the Led Zeppelin DVD ...

LOL @ the editorial jabs he gives himself during "Just A Gigolo"...
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Zing!
      Veteran
      • Oct 2011

Jabs were fun - wish there would have been more...
      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• franksters
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

these clips are simply amazing, and I think that he should continue, frankly it's better than reading any book or interview about Dave or VH, I think that we're getting a real glimpse at Dave's life, I can't think of anyone else really that does this kinda thing. I LIKE IT!
        SUMMER'S JUST
        AROUND
        THE CORNER!

[IMG]
        http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• envy_me
          Swedish Love Pump
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Dec 2010

I just saw the first part of Daves show. He DOES care about shoes. There you go, all of you who thought my shoe-thread wasn't any good I hope he bring up perfumes in the next episode
          Last edited by envy_me; 11-18-2012, 10:44 AM.
          The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• envy_me
            Swedish Love Pump
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Dec 2010

Kensorship Sorry, I know, the lamest joke ever

Comment

• franksters
              Veteran
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
              I just saw the first part of Daves show. He DOES care about shoes. There you go, all of you who thought my shoe-thread wasn't any good I hope he bring up perfumes in the next episode
              where is that thread? shoes can tell a lot of somebody...
              SUMMER'S JUST
              AROUND
              THE CORNER!

[IMG]
              http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• envy_me
                Swedish Love Pump
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by franksters
                where is that thread? shoes can tell a lot of somebody...

I know, shoes are a big deal. Here is the thread

A very controversial thread at the time :-)
                Last edited by envy_me; 11-18-2012, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • May 2010

2 degrees of separation.

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  I received an email, from someone not wanting to be identified, that the footage at 11:39 is from the Anaheim Stadium show in 1978.....

If you know your Van Halen history, you know this is special show, one that helps put VH on the map. From the VH encyclopedia:

From http://www.vanhalenencyclopedia.com/...len-tour.html:

09/23/78: Anaheim Stadium, Anaheim, CA. The bill for this show included Richie Lecea, Sammy Hagar, Black Sabbath and Boston. Attendance: 56,000. Van Halen stole the show by hiring look-a-likes to parachute from an airplane into the stadium (David Lee Roth's idea). An announcer frantically declared, "From out of the sky, Van Halen is coming into the stadium!" Looking as though they would land right on the stage, the four parachutists maneuvered to an area just outside the stadium gates at the last minute. Moments later, Van Halen, dressed in parachute gear, took the stage arm-in-arm to a thunderous ovation (though Alex Van Halen twisted his ankle while waiting for the parachuters to land). The event set a new one-day gross record with receipts totaling $710,000. Unadvertised Lecea, fresh from opening the California Jam 2 at Ontario Motor Speedway, opened the 9-hour extravaganza, followed by Hagar, who relied heavily on his then newly released live album, All Night Long. Van Halen followed with a 10-song set made up of nine songs from Van Halen and Bottoms Up! Audio recording exists.
                  Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• katina
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by franksters
                    these clips are simply amazing, and I think that he should continue, frankly it's better than reading any book or interview about Dave or VH, I think that we're getting a real glimpse at Dave's life, I can't think of anyone else really that does this kinda thing. I LIKE IT!
                    I agree with you, I hope Dave will continue making those kind of clips

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by TJMKID
                      That's why I find the tramp stamps so fucking silly and stupid.

Most of the time the girl has "Little Angel" or "Daddy's Princess" tatted on her back but meanwhile she's working as a stripper and already fucked half the drug dealers in the county.

Bhahahahahaha

I have one tattoo, and it says absolutely nothing about me. It has no meaning and is absolutely NOT autobiographic.

I'd NEVER get a lower back tattoo, just cause it screams "trash".

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

You mean you aren't going to have a garbage can tattooed above your ass with the words "Cum Dumpster" on it. Oh come on.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• envy_me
                          Swedish Love Pump
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          You mean you aren't going to have a garbage can tattooed above your ass with the words "Cum Dumpster" on it. Oh come on.
                          Hahaha I was joking before, cause I love Aerosmith, that I was gonna get the cover of Pump on my lower back. With big "PUMP" just like on the cover

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

A friend of my dads was in the navy during WWII and he got some tattoos on his arms. When he got older the ink started to fade and one of them just looked like a big birthmark. He would always go the dumbest thing he ever did was get those tattoos. I heard all of this when I was little and decided right there and then I wasn't going to ever get a tattoo and never have and never will.

Actually I see a cute girl with a tattoo and frankly, it doesn't make her look better. I never got the tattoo thing.

When I worked at American Express in the summer we would wear short sleeve dress shirts. One of the guys kind of had a wild past and had a lot of tats on his arms. He was a good guy and a good employee but one day some head honcho was walking through where we worked and saw his tattoos. He threw a fit and wanted them covered up. So the poor guy had to wear long-sleeved shirts in the summer when it was over 100 degrees outside. I felt sorry for him. Sometimes your life changes and those tattoos you got at age 19 no longer apply. Sometimes that ink later can keep you from getting a job or close the door on a new lifestyle. I mean unless you have them removed they are permanent.

I think a thriving business will be tattoo removal. LOL!
                            Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-19-2012, 03:17 PM.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• envy_me
                              Swedish Love Pump
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              A friend of my dads was in the navy during WWII and he got some tattoos on his arms. When he got older the ink started to fade and one of them just looked like a big birthmark. He would always go the dumbest thing he ever did was get those tattoos. I heard all of this when I was little and decided right there and then I wasn't going to ever get a tattoo and never have and never will.

Actually I see a cute girl with a tattoo and frankly, it doesn't make her look better. I never got the tattoo thing.
                              I was the first in my family EVER (I think) to get a tattoo. It wasn't something my family did, so off course I had to get one But I wasn't activly looking for a motive when I found what I later had done. I just saw it and knew I HAD to get this on my body somewhere :-)

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                                I was the first in my family EVER (I think) to get a tattoo. It wasn't something my family did, so off course I had to get one But I wasn't activly looking for a motive when I found what I later had done. I just saw it and knew I HAD to get this on my body somewhere :-)
                                This post is useless without pictures
                                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...