Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: A Nugent interview even jhale would like...

someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-31-2013 @ 09:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I read about Henry Rollins going to see "The Nuge" can't remember where exactly, but the story goes, Van Halen apparently came on stage like they owned the place. They were opening act. Dave had ALL eyes on him, some were chanting bad shit at them, other half of the crowd were going crazy for them. Then when Teddy came on the crowd kept chanting for Van Halen. So Ted approached the mic stand and yelled "Fuck Van Halen!"
    Something like, from that moment on, the rest of the gig was shit. Ted had kicked his own arse. Van Halen were king.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-31-2013 @ 09:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks

From VHND.com

I forget what year it was but I made my annual trip to the arena to see Ted Nugent. It was the best show you saw that year, every year. His band was lethal, and Nugent had amazing tone with that hollow body Gibson. What a show, what songs, what a man. On the third voyage to the Nuge there was a great change. There was an opening band that actually stayed in the memory. Usually the opener was a blur but this time it was a band called Van Halen. I remember they hit the stage and went into “Runnin’ With The Devil” after Diamond Dave made his drum riser leap. He acted like his band was the headliner and there was no other band on that night.

I remember very well when Eddie performed “Eruption” and the whole place was in disbelief. At the end of it, he looked down at his hands and shook his head like he didn’t know what came over him. It was amazing. The set was a monster.

" I remember very well when Eddie performed “Eruption” and the whole place was in disbelief."

Nugent came on a while later and a few songs in, people were chanting “Van-Ha-Len!” over and over and waving newly bought VH t-shirts until the Nuge came to the front of the stage and yelled, “Fuck Van Halen!!!” He then retreated to his cabinets and played the rest of the show looking down at his wedge monitors. Move over Ted!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Longer version of the story here, with better sound quality....

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,397 Times in 6,054 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yount View Post
    Nugent came on a while later and a few songs in, people were chanting “Van-Ha-Len!” over and over and waving newly bought VH t-shirts until the Nuge came to the front of the stage and yelled, “Fuck Van Halen!!!” He then retreated to his cabinets and played the rest of the show looking down at his wedge monitors. Move over Ted!
    I've said it before but the thing about Nugent and Gene Simmons for that matter is that these guys don't have the big excuse most people particularly rock musicians have of being drunk, stoned, high, buzzed whatever.

If you are a dick when you are sober that means you are fundamentally and in essence a dick.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I've said it before but the thing about Nugent and Gene Simmons for that matter is that these guys don't have the big excuse most people particularly rock musicians have of being drunk, stoned, high, buzzed whatever.

If you are a dick when you are sober that means you are fundamentally and in essence a dick.
    Gene was a school teacher in spanish Harlem. He said he quit teaching because he was too narcisistic to be a school teacher. Ted is just plain nuts. Both are entertainers and have done pretty well for themselves. Let's face it, could you picture either of them doing something normal for a living. They would be so fired. It's rock and roll Shesh. It's a business the loose and unscrewed roll down into. Hell. David Lee Roth is a nut job as well. If you want sanity, hey go to the philharmonic symphony.

Enemy of the Clique

Member No
    Last Online
    11-21-2012 @ 05:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I could understand Ted getting pissed about the crowd chanting for the opening act while he was starting his set. I'm sure the "fuck Van Halen" wasn't personal. He could have said fuck you to the crowd and walked off. I saw Rainbow do just that at Alpine Valley. UFO was the second of three bands that evening. Duke Jupiter opened. Nobody knew who they were. They had one song that got radio play but I can't remember what it was. UFO kicked ass. It was early 82. I think they were touring to promote a live or greatest hits album. They played a couple encores then left. The crowd was still yelling UFO when Rainbow came on. They started playing Stone Cold and the crowd kept yeling for UFO. After a few minutes Blackmore threw his guitar on the ground and walked off the stage. The rest of the band followed. The crowd yelled even louder for UFO. Duke Jupiter came back out and tried to play but everybody kept yelling UFO. They turned all the lights on and we all left. Even in the parking lot crowds kept yelling for UFO. I wonder if the tour continued with Rainbow headlining after that.

8. Thanked motherchicken for this KICKASS post:

Yount (10-27-2012)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Bitch View Post
    Nugent's reputation has prevented me from ever really listening to his music.I have always heard he is a crazy gun nut which does nothing for me so I have always assumed his music will do nothing for me.Is he actually any good?
    I had the advantage of being turned onto Ted when he was the Motor City Madman of the 70's. I had no idea what his politics was. Back when all those Fender amps were blowing. I think he might have been the loudest act I have seen.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2020 @ 06:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

yes, it has nothing to do with him fucking an underage girl........ no you wouldn't no anything about that would you???????????or would you???????
    besides his music was generic.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    yes, it has nothing to do with him fucking an underage girl........ no you wouldn't no anything about that would you???????????or would you???????
    All these guy's back then were fucking young girls ! You know why ? They got away with it. They were called groupies. It just so happens that it is more public knowledge with the bigger acts of the 70's because they were in more magazines & books have been written about it. Do I agree with it ? No. But they all did it.

Enemy of the Clique

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 78/84 guy View Post
    All these guy's back then were fucking young girls ! You know why ? They got away with it. They were called groupies. It just so happens that it is more public knowledge with the bigger acts of the 70's because they were in more magazines & books have been written about it. Do I agree with it ? No. But they all did it.
    I'm sure a few of them abstained from fucking underage girls but there were plenty that did. If a chick is at least 16 she should know what she's doing if she decides to give up the poontang. 18 year old dudes getting busted for doing their 16 or 17 year old girlfriends should not be treated the same as a 40 year old man fucking a 13 year old. But it happens. I believe Ted was accused or admitted to messing around with a12 or 13 year old. If that's the case he should have been treated just like Roman Polanski. Except for the allowing him to flee the country part.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    06-21-2021 @ 10:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

In all actuality some rockstars in thier 20s banging 16 year old girls with fake id's hot pants and high whore hair back in the 70's isn't that bad..( I have always preferred older women, they have something to talk about other than whattever 16 year olds talk about) This age difference isn't that much. When they are filing in and out like barn animals you may not have time to know she is daddys girl..lol.

Fucking young girls is the lie,..... he probably had to beat these little horndogs off with a bat.

The problem is many dislike the Nuge because of his politics and the way he looks now. Back in the mid 70's he was a stud and many women came from miles around to mate with the king, "man idol".. just like in the monkey tv documentaries the best stallion gets the mares and women are fucking animals, literally.

His music was anything but generic it was fenominal and still holds up unlike, 80% of the rest of the music layed down, then and now.

I am sure most of this is nothing more than monday morning 1/4'backing. By people who dislike him in todays light.

So, in the kindest way possible shaaaadapppp.
    Last edited by clarathecarrot; 10-27-2012 at 07:57 PM.

14. Thanked clarathecarrot for this KICKASS post:

big fatty (10-30-2012)

Enemy of the Clique

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't dislike Ted for his politics or the way he looks now. I dislike him because I agree with much of what he stands for but he runs his mouth too much and gives liberals ammo to say all conservatives are buffoons like him. And the story about him avoiding induction by acting insane with a load of shit in his pants and now trying to portray himself as a guy who would go to some other country and kill everyone single handedly make him look like a bullshit artist.
    And as far as his music goes his first album showed he had talent but by the time he had a couple albums out he couldn't focus on anything but pussy. Too bad. That first album was a classic.
    Last edited by motherchicken; 10-27-2012 at 08:27 PM.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I have no issue with anyone who runs from war.

Those boots he was to fill will get filled .

You can call him what you will I personally would never judge a man on wether or not he ran like hell from war.

If you call him a pussy you probably have never been there.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clarathecarrot View Post
    In all actuality some rockstars in thier 20s banging 16 year old girls with fake id's hot pants and high whore hair back in the 70's isn't that bad..( I have always preferred older women, they have something to talk about other than whattever 16 year olds talk about) This age difference isn't that much. When they are filing in and out like barn animals you may not have time to know she is daddys girl..lol.

Fucking young girls is the lie,..... he probably had to beat these little horndogs off with a bat.

The problem is many dislike the Nuge because of his politics and the way he looks now. Back in the mid 70's he was a stud and many women came from miles around to mate with the king, "man idol".. just like in the monkey tv documentaries the best stallion gets the mares and women are fucking animals, literally.

His music was anything but generic it was fenominal and still holds up unlike, 80% of the rest of the music layed down, then and now.

I am sure most of this is nothing more than monday morning 1/4'backing. By people who dislike him in todays light.

Oh if you don't want to give your political opposition a target you would have to live the lifestyle of a monk. Why do you think wild parties are thrown around centers of power? It's to get people baited into compromising positions so they can be blackmailed.

We all know Ted is a maniac but then of course that's why he's in the rock and roll business. If you have a problem with drugs or underage girls then why in the hell are you hanging around in a David Lee Roth website? One of the interview questions Big Ed Anderson was asked by David Lee Roth himself was do you have a problem with underage sex?

Dave indulged, Ted in indulged. We all probably would have. It's breaking the law and doing carnal stuff and celebrating it and writing songs about it. Who the fuck cares. It's a Plaster Caster, Sweet Connie, snort the world up your nose and set it on fire world. It's expendable and it's dangerous. Rock and Roll is all about being in the moment and celebrating the expendable. It's not about building a something important that lasts for a thousand years. It's creative trash. It's creative filth. Remember a war is an excuse to do anything and rock and roll is more about war than peace. Peace is boring.

So please. Share the filth and don't be a prude and don't be a wimp.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 10-27-2012 at 08:42 PM.

18. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

big fatty (10-30-2012)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    If you have a problem with drugs or underage girls then why in the hell are you hanging around in a David Lee Roth website?
    Oh fuck off weirdo.

20. 2 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

big fatty (10-30-2012),Nickdfresh (10-30-2012)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Oh fuck off weirdo.

3:54. Just telling it how it is Shesh.

22. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

big fatty (10-30-2012)

Enemy of the Clique

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I have no issue with anyone who runs from war.

Those boots he was to fill will get filled .

You can call him what you will I personally would never judge a man on wether or not he ran like hell from war.

If you call him a pussy you probably have never been there.
    It's not the outsmarting the draft board that bothers me. I don't judge anyone who doesn't want to go somewhere and kill someone who is no threat to him whatsoever if that's the way they feel. I don't think the draft was in line with the concept of being free to begin with. But Ted has this gung ho attitude as long as someone else is doing the fighting when he decided to opt out himself.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post

3:54. Just telling it how it is Shesh.
    It's shows something about your mindset that you equate a sacked security guards memory of a conversation 30 years ago mentioning underage girls partying with the rape of children.

If it is true then how do you know Roth wasn't referring to 18 year olds drinking underage?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Rape of children? I'm talking about some underage girls sneaking backstage or maybe being given passes partying and having sex and nobody caring. Yes technically Mr. Lawyer it's statutory rape but I assume Ed Anderson remembers it well. I love how you find one little corner and exaggerate it to extremes to try and make some point just because you don't like me and by golly you have to come after me. We are talking teens here. Not children. Hmmm. Do a bunch of wild people with no morals on drugs to such things, gee hmmmmmm. Ted just gets flack in here because he's a conservative when the fact is probably most the guys in Van Halen were up to the same shenanigans. I don't put these people on any kind of moral high ground. They are talented scumbags. Dave included. There's nothing wholesome about rock and roll. There is nothing moral about it. It celebrates the decadent. So does this website. That's why there is porn here. Of course no kiddie porn showing child rape. Thank god.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 10-27-2012 at 10:04 PM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ted gets flack because he is a hypocrite and also because there is a huge difference in say a 23 year old Roth drunkenly fucking a 15 year old dressed to look older and a creepy sober 30 year old adopting an under age girl legally in order to fuck them. In the same way I go after Page for knowingly having a 14 year old girlfriend for a long time when he was twice her age.

Creepy nasty fuckers.

27. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

envy_me (10-30-2012)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    I've never seen anyone go after Page or any other rock star nearly as as much as Ted...

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    I've never seen anyone go after Page or any other rock star nearly as as much as Ted...
    Don't forget Kristy !

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Krusty is not a rock star...

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

He DID slag other guitar players a lot in interviews.. I've seen him slam Hendrix, Page, VH... he talks a lot of shit about guys who wipe the floor with him (yes, even Page, ass-deep in a heroin nod).

Swedish Love Pump ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2013 @ 05:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks

And that is for a reason.

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ted gets flack because he is a hypocrite and also because there is a huge difference in say a 23 year old Roth drunkenly fucking a 15 year old dressed to look older and a creepy sober 30 year old adopting an under age girl legally in order to fuck them. In the same way I go after Page for knowingly having a 14 year old girlfriend for a long time when he was twice her age.

Creepy nasty fuckers.
    Amen!!!

And with Ted, it's a combination of adoption, political views, views on humanity, animals, his temper, etc, etc that makes him the lowlife he is.

Put all these factors together and see what kind of person you get.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

So we're agreed then. He's a dirty old draft dodging talentless paedo hack who kills small defenseless creatures for fun.

I'm down wit dat.

35. 2 users say thank you to ashstralia for this KICKASS post:

envy_me (10-30-2012),Seshmeister (11-01-2012)

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I can't speak for others, but for me looks have nothing to do with it. Ted does look pretty good. But I'd rather poke my own eyes out with a fork then touch him.
    I'd rather have sex with a good person that looks like Ron Jeremy then a hot person with Teds personality.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by envy_me View Post
    I'd rather have sex with a good person that looks like Ron Jeremy.
    Woo Hoo!! But I'm tall thin and Jewish. U ok wit dat?

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2016 @ 03:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I can't speak for others, but for me looks have nothing to do with it. Ted does look pretty good. But I'd rather poke my own eyes out with a fork then touch him.
    I'd rather have sex with a good person that looks like Ron Jeremy then a hot person with Teds personality.
    What's your point, Vanessa ?
    (Austin P.)

39. Thanked philouze for this KICKASS post:

Matt White (10-30-2012)

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ashstralia View Post
    Woo Hoo!! But I'm tall thin and Jewish. U ok wit dat?
    Lmao, that sounds great :-)

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philouze View Post
    What's your point, Vanessa ?
    (Austin P.)
    Read the post I replied to.

If you still don't get it, the poster was saying that the looks might have something to do with people disliking Ted, to which I replied that to me it doesn't matter what he looks like.
    Simplified a little more: we were having a conversation.

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2016 @ 03:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Read the post I replied to.
    Watch the movie I was reffering to.

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philouze View Post
    Watch the movie I was reffering to.
    But since I haven't seen it yet, were you trying to offend me or not?

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Amen!!!

And with Ted, it's a combination of adoption, political views, views on humanity, animals, his temper, etc, etc that makes him the lowlife he is.

Put all these factors together and see what kind of person you get.
    ...and this is why your ass will always taste like candy hot sugarry candy sweet sweet candy.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

...and this is why your ass will always taste like candy hot sugarry candy sweet sweet candy.
    Eeeewww...dude, you eat ass? Seriously? And people think I'm nuts for ordering the 7-layer burrito at Taco Bell.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Furthermore...think outside the bum!

47. Thanked chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (10-30-2012)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,062 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    If Nugent were the devil he'd be a way better guitarist...he's good, but not great, and definitely not terrifying, as Beelzebozo would be.

Ted was way before my time and after listening to his crap, I'm thankful. That's not to say Ted isn't without some merit. The riff to 'Stranglehold' is still one of the best ever written in the canon of rock even if the tune is his hodge-podge anthem of misogyny towards a suspected groupie who gave him HSV-1. Other than that, the guy is unbearable to listen to and that's when he talks politics.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,062 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Everybody knows who the Motor City Madman is!
    Yeah, Jack White. Especially after he punched that cocksucker from The Von Bondies right in the face.

Thread Information