TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Another VH logo thief

Dang. This one is blatant. Was on the freeway & from a distance thought it might be a tour truck hauling the bands gear or something. So I sped up. LOL! Geez. Seriously guys, at least make an attempt to be original.

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Damn.. that's pretty obvious.. nice find!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Eddie's lawyers are mobilizing as we speak, to take this guy down........

4. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Dave's Bitch (10-27-2012)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Holy shit! Tell me this woman on their contact page isn't Hagar's sister?

http://www.hardintruckingcompany.com/contactpage.html

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wow. they have some pretty nice trucks with the logo all over the place.

http://www.hardintruckingcompany.com/

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

That's band loyalty right there.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2024 @ 07:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I think it is good free advertising for Van Halen..everybody knows that logo for what it is....its subliminal you see it on the highway you don't think some transport company but daydream about your favorite band... but what do I know?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    I used to have a commercial truck driving license. I haven't driven a big rig for a long time. These pictures make me want to drive one again. I hated driving in town but loved being on an open road late at night in the middle of nowhere.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I used to have a commercial truck driving license. I haven't driven a big rig for a long time. These pictures make me want to drive one again. I hated driving in town but loved being on an open road late at night in the middle of nowhere.
    I've often thought of doing it. I would want long haul. Cross country type stuff. Listening to Coast To Coast while out in some middle of nowhere Nevada highway. have a bulldog. Live in the sleeper cab. Know all the truck stops. Now that I have nothing holding me anywhere I would love it. Total freedom and solitude.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    I've often thought of doing it. I would want long haul. Cross country type stuff. Listening to Coast To Coast while out in some middle of nowhere Nevada highway. have a bulldog. Live in the sleeper cab. Know all the truck stops. Now that I have nothing holding me anywhere I would love it. Total freedom and solitude.
    I drove for my dad's construction company. He had some idiot employees that did something stupid with a company truck and were lucky to not have killed someone. It was in his refractory division which was very profitable but you had to find people willing to work in industrial furnaces in very tough conditions. A lot of people would quit. The money was awsome because they had to pay it to keep employees. I was making $6,000 a week in the mid-80's working on coal fired power plants and nuclear power plants. What was awsome is I was kept on the same pay scale to drive a company truck We worked everything west of the Mississippi. I drove the truck and that was my job. It beat running a 90 pound jack hammer with silica dust flying around in the 100 plus degree air so thick you couldn't see wearing a respirator.

My brother in law drives for Associated Grocers in Seattle. He loves that short haul and the challenge of backing into small loading docks. It would drive me crazy. He's made a good living doing it and is about to retire. One of my friends was an independent trucker but you have to keep the rig going all the time to pay for it and it's hard to make any real money due to the overhead. Fuel prices are a killer. So he hired on with Wal-Mart. He just drives and collects a check and likes it better than owning his own rig.

If you want to long-haul it's hard if you have a family situation with kids. It can be wonderful if you have a girlfriend or wife that wants to ride along. The people that drove the moving van when we moved up here were a husband and wife team. They loved it.

Give it a shot. There is no reason you can't do it. Trucking is a business that you have to be flexible and willing to move where the opportunities are. If you have some education you always can get on the management side of things. I know guys who are depot managers and they make more money but they hunger for the road. I think driving for a rock and roll band would be fun.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If you want to long-haul it's hard if you have a family situation with kids.

Family, house & dogs are all gone now. It's just me and a storage room at Public Storage with some furniture. Like I said, I got nothing holding me anywhere. Nothing to pack & no one to say goodbye to. Mobile wifi and a laptop is all I need.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Family, house & dogs are all gone now. It's just me and a storage room at Public Storage with some furniture. Like I said, I got nothing holding me anywhere. Nothing to pack & no one to say goodbye to. Mobile wifi and a laptop is all I need.
    You are a free man. That's a huge advantage.

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 11:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

15. 2 users say thank you to Dave's Bitch for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (10-27-2012),sadaist (10-27-2012)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,397 Times in 6,054 Posts

I remember you talking about this job before, if I have the timeline right this was after being a cosmonaut for the Russians but just before the hooker murdering phase...

17. 7 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (10-27-2012),Guitar Shark (10-29-2012),Hardrock69 (10-27-2012),jhale667 (10-27-2012),LoungeMachine (10-28-2012),Matt White (10-28-2012),Nickdfresh (10-27-2012)

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I remember you talking about this job before, if I have the timeline right this was after being a cosmonaut for the Russians but just before the hooker murdering phase...
    HAHA! No shit. Dude has some serious life experiences in his pocket for real. Always fun to be around people with a lot of stories to tell about life.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by So this is love View Post
    I think it is good free advertising for Van Halen..everybody knows that logo for what it is....its subliminal you see it on the highway you don't think some transport company but daydream about your favorite band... but what do I know?
    They still have to license it, what if they have lots of accidents or get involved in a severe controversy involving law violations?

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If Ed had one good brain cell left he'd cash in on the logo, the stripes, everything, including every inch of video ever shot.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Well, he has already cashed in on the logo and stripes through t-shirts, guitars, stomp-boxes, etc.

But yes.....we needs video.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If you like driving for bands the thing to do is get a gig driving a tour bus.

Friend of mine here in Nashville was a country tour manager for a major label artist for years.

The artists's career slowed drastically, my friend had no work, so he got on driving a tour bus with one of the Nashville bus companies. Last I heard he was driving for Lenny Kravitz....this was like, 3 years ago. But he drove for whoever.

You can make 70 grand a year.

But it is like being a baby-sitter. Lotta bands treat the bus as if it were a hotel room to be destroyed, and it is the driver's job to keep it clean and serviced, etc.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    Well, he has already cashed in on the logo and stripes through t-shirts, guitars, stomp-boxes, etc.

But yes.....we needs video.
    You forgot shoes, flip flops and beach towels

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    If you like driving for bands the thing to do is get a gig driving a tour bus.

Friend of mine here in Nashville was a country tour manager for a major label artist for years.

The artists's career slowed drastically, my friend had no work, so he got on driving a tour bus with one of the Nashville bus companies. Last I heard he was driving for Lenny Kravitz....this was like, 3 years ago. But he drove for whoever.

You can make 70 grand a year.

But it is like being a baby-sitter. Lotta bands treat the bus as if it were a hotel room to be destroyed, and it is the driver's job to keep it clean and serviced, etc.
    I would rather drive the trucks. It's just you, maybe someone to ride along. Get the cargo to this venue by this time. What I hate driving a big rig is you make your space cushion and some idiot will pull in-front of you. What people have to realize is a loaded rig doe not stop on a dime. The driver is trying to create some stopping space and if you put your car into that and the car in front of you slams it's brakes on, you are going to get a big truck driving up your ass.

Talk to any transportation manager. Decent drivers are hard to find. Many today have lots of issues and are borderline nuts. A lot of them do the job because they just don't get along with people. So yeah, if you are a good driver and have some people skills you probably can nail and keep a good gig. But who wants to be a baby sitter of a rock band? It would be cool to drive for an entertainer that was decent.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 10-27-2012 at 05:27 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I never murdered any lot lizzards. Some nights I felt like doing so when they keep pounding on your rig at the truck stop trying to sell you a fuck. You could buy no lot lizzard stickers and put them on your truck letting the whores know not to disturb you because you were not interestied in their services. I don't know if they still sell those.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It would be cool to be out there on the road just driving. Plenty to listen to on the radio. And those sleepers have TV's and good sized beds. I am enjoying solitude & freedom and driving a truck long haul has both of those. Plus there's a lot of states I'd love to drive through and see the country. And who doesn't love greasy eggs & bacon all the time? YUM!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

you live in So Cal and you are bored...I know people that would kill to move to your area....up here we have snow up the roof 4 months of the year and we need to take 2 or 3 vacations a year to deal through this shit....

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    you live in So Cal and you are bored...I know people that would kill to move to your area....up here we have snow up the roof 4 months of the year and we need to take 2 or 3 vacations a year to deal through this shit....
    It's where you live in So Cal. If you can afford to live in Malibu or in La Jolla it's still a nice place. If you are in Garden Grove or North Hollywood, it ain't so great. Also a problem is the state is broke. It's been horribly mismanaged and it's looking for money. Guess what. If you have money the state is going to want a lot more of it so the politicians can buy more votes from all the people who are on welfare. It's the same old story. Seen it before and they will be begging for a federal bailout here soon and this is a state that has a lot of oil. California is the nations third largest oil producer behind Alaska and Texas.

As soon as your state becomes a welfare state, it goes to shit pretty quick. Oh the people working for the government or getting some form of assistance have no idea, but the person trying to make payroll and running something productive feels it. When you deal with that kind of gloom, you start to forget about the nice weather; especially, when you are stuck in traffic trying to get there. I don't even enjoy visiting So-Cal anymore and I used to make a point to actually go there.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 10-27-2012 at 05:59 PM.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I never said bored. But holy shit is everything expensive here. Plus the attraction is kinda gone. Been here my whole life. Ready to move around some. And I'm tired as fuck of this heat.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I hear you dude...follow your instinct...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I never said bored. But holy shit is everything expensive here. Plus the attraction is kinda gone. Been here my whole life. Ready to move around some. And I'm tired as fuck of this heat.
    Heat. Where are you? The San Fernando Valley?

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Heat. Where are you? The San Fernando Valley?

Inland Empire mostly. San bernardino, Riverside, etc. Fucking 90's today. Tired of it.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Do you know that people like me pay minimum 5k/week to go where it is 90 degrees...your glass is half full not half empty...just kidding you friend...cheers!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Do you know that people like me pay minimum 5k/week to go where it is 90 degrees...your glass is half full not half empty...just kidding you friend...cheers!
    So that's why so many Canadians flock to Myrtle Beach..

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I went to Myrtle Beach once and this is cheap for us (I mean compared to flying to the carribean)....but my wife doesn't like the 18 hours road trip...so might as well go to Miami or Jamaica
    Last edited by So this is love; 10-27-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I can dig what you're saying about the drive. But I've met tons of Canadians who drive down there and I can't figure it out - I mean it's a cool beach and all but that's a hell of a long way to drive just for a beach trip. Maybe I just look at it that way because I live close by.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

you have to understand we Canadians live in the snow ....we eat snow and we feel lucky when the sun is shining and Van Halen is ON....and we have alot of pretty woman... haha!!!
    Last edited by So this is love; 10-27-2012 at 10:57 PM.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh I know. But in my situation over the last year the heat is just about the worst thing. If my personal situation were different I would be enjoying the hell out of it. But right now I fucking hate the sun.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    you have to understand we Canadians live in the snow ....we eat snow and we feel lucky when the sun is shining and Van Halen is ON....and we have alot of pretty woman... haha!!!
    We were down in Mexico for spring break and there were a lot of Canadians down there doing the same thing. Most were from the Ontario. You are right, the girls were cute. The snow is a good excuse to have those cute girls keep you warm.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The heat does get old when you are stuck in it for months. It sounds good when you are cold and in the tundra but when you have been in it for months you bitch about it. Especially if it doesn't cool off at night.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't know about the economy in So Cal today, but when I was living in San Diego I was so fucking broke I couldn't see straight (or maybe that was the booze and blow). This was in the mid 90s, I was in my mid 20s, the jobs paid exactly SHIT and the rent on my one bedroom apartment was 400 bucks more a month than what I'd paid here (and wasn't half as nice). The job I had required a degree and 3 years experience and paid exactly 400 bucks a week. The problem, as I saw it, was that there were a ton of colleges in the area churning out a shitload of 22 year old kids every spring with the exact same skill set. So the jobs didn't have to pay anything. Plus the cost of living was higher than camel cock. Well, except for the price of beer

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

We must be champions at Thread Derailment, lol.

And yes, I agree about driving a truck vs driving a tour bus. I much prefer to travel alone.

But I hate big rigs.

Would love to get a drive-away job delivering cars cross-country....

43. Thanked Hardrock69 for this KICKASS post:

flappo (11-09-2012)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    We must be champions at Thread Derailment, lol.

And yes, I agree about driving a truck vs driving a tour bus. I much prefer to travel alone.

But I hate big rigs.

Would love to get a drive-away job delivering cars cross-country....
    Yeah running through all those gears gets old. The new trucks are nice though. I like the new Volvos. Most the cars I see going long-haul are on trains. I think with the high fuel costs trains are being used more because they are so much more fuel efficient than trucks if you look at cargo moved per gallon of fuel. the cheapest way to move cargo is by ship, then train, then truck. The most expensive is airplane but it gets there quick.

Thread Information