• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • envy_me
    Swedish Love Pump
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by philouze
    Great food too, but local people are so bloody stupid...
    What kind of food do you have?
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• philouze
      Banned
      • Mar 2004

Greasy stuff... Check this out:

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
        I am really conservative when it comes to food. If I had grown up with okra I'd probably have no problems with it. I eat worse stuff then that. Like sauerkraut :-)
        I grew up on sauerkraut. Hated it when I was a kid and like it now. I like kim chee too but my wife and kids complain about the smell of the stuff. I'm wild. I put kim chee on my hamburgers.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Looks typically French. All that stuff costs big bucks here except for the walnuts. Of course you have to go to a good french restaurant to find decent goose liver and truffles.

Comment

• philouze
            Banned
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            Looks typically French. All that stuff costs big bucks here except for the walnuts. Of course you have to go to a good french restaurant to find decent goose liver and truffles.
            To be honest, I don't like goose liver. Don't like the taste and the process. But what the hey... I've never eaten truffles yet. The only local specialty I've eaten is something called "Pommes de terre Sarladaises" (tastes great but you have to like grease). I wasn't born here (I'm from a town called Grenoble) but I've been living here since 2001. Never went to a restaurant but a japanese one.

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

It's hard to eat french when you're a vegetarian, but I love ratatouille.
              It's easier with Italian.
              The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• philouze
                Banned
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                It's hard to eat french when you're a vegetarian, but I love ratatouille.
                I love ratatouille too.. And I love making it.. One of my favorite meals !

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

To be honest, I don't like goose liver. Don't like the taste and the process. But what the hey... I've never eaten truffles yet. The only local specialty I've eaten is something called "Pommes de terre Sarladaises" (tastes great but you have to like grease). I wasn't born here (I'm from a town called Grenoble) but I've been living here since 2001. Never went to a restaurant but a japanese one.
                  I don't mind fra gras but then it's certainly not worth force feeding the poor things to get the end result. I've had black truffles once or twice. I've had Beluga caviar a few times. All this exotic stuff is ok but frankly I would rather have some top notch sushi over it all. I think where the French really rule is pastries. Nobody can come close there.

Comment

• philouze
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2004

I don't mind fra gras but then it's certainly not worth force feeding the poor things to get the end result. I've had black truffles once or twice. I've had Beluga caviar a few times. All this exotic stuff is ok but frankly I would rather have some top notch sushi over it all. I think where the French really rule is pastries. Nobody can come close there.
                    Force feeding gooses is totally stupid and cruel, that's why I'm against that Foie gras thing.
                    I agree with you about sushi !! Nothing can beat that.
                    I have to admit that I like making pastries, when I have the time... I love cooking, actually !

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Fried veggies are always good. I love egg plant. I grew some genovese squash this summer.

Comment

• philouze
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2004

Fried veggies are always good. I love egg plant. I grew some genovese squash this summer.
                        If you've never tasted grated carrots fritters, try this:

(edit: I don't put onions in it but it still kicks ass)

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

There's the old chef's joke about the key to cooking well is to find good ingredients and not to screw them up. That's the key. My favorite sushi bar is in Honolulu and we went in one day and the chef was just beaming saying he scored a very nice yellow fin tuna and we had rolls made from that. He nailed it. It was like eating the best prime rib you ever had with a touch of horse radish. The problem now is finding the fish. A retired sushi chef told me in the 1960's you could find any kind of fish you wanted and quality wasn't a problem. Now there is certain varieties of fish you just can't get. In reality is we are going to have to cut back on our fish consumption until the numbers come back. We simply have over fished the oceans. I worked on a Japanese fishing boat one summer and we were in the middle of nowhere in the Bering Straight and you could see a bunch of running lights from all the other fishing boats.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

If you've never tasted grated carrots fritters, try this:

(edit: I don't put onions in it but it still kicks ass)
                            I'll have to try that.

Comment

• philouze
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2004

I'll have to try that.

Comment

Working...