Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aero$hit new video for the "Armageddon 2" soundtrack.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Aero$hit new video for the "Armageddon 2" soundtrack.

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d7lCZ0rpH3o?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d7lCZ0rpH3o?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As much as I don't care for these power ballads.... I am kinda surprised about this song. I didn't think they would have another hit. This will probably get a HOT 100 top ten. I liked the first single LEGENDARY CHILD alot more.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Armageddon 2 must be the best kept Hollywood secret in years, because I can't find a word about it at Google or Bing. So...Bruce Willis somehow survived the blast?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Armageddon 2 must be the best kept Hollywood secret in years, because I can't find a word about it at Google or Bing. So...Bruce Willis somehow survived the blast?
    I was being sarcastic.

They are using the same formula for this song as they did for the original Armageddon "I don't wanna lose a thing" song.

This is the 2nd single from the upcoming, 'Music from another dimension".

Swedish Love Pump ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    I was being sarcastic.

They are using the same formula for this song as they did for the original Armageddon "I don't wanna lose a thing" song.

This is the 2nd single from the upcoming, 'Music from another dimension".
    I don't wanna miss a thing wasn't written by Aerosmith, it's written by Diane Warren. I HATE that song. Without a doubt it's the worst song they recorded. I really love their early albums. Too bad that they are chasing commersial hits nowdays, which leads to these shit-songs.
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I blame Aerosmiths demise on the evil spawn Liv Tyler. Daddy had to make hit ballads for her crappy movies. I almost hate her as much as Kristy hates anything spawned by Page.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    At least they are out there doing something, promoting, being rock stars, and making a half decent effort at a REAL video. Unlike another older band we might know & love.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bah! I'll always prefer the other old band that is not promoting over this aeroshit of crap...legendary child is a decent song though...
    Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's amazing that one of my favorite songs by Aerosmith and my absolutely favorite song by VH is called Push Comes To Shove. Have you heard the Aerosmith song, hillarious and perfect at the same time.

This is the Aerosmith I know and love:

Last edited by envy_me; 10-20-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Just a reminder that Aerosmith is so much more then their recent hits:

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by envy_me View Post
    It's amazing that one of my favorite songs by Aerosmith and my absolutely favorite song by VH is called Push Comes To Shove. Have you heard the Aerosmith song, hillarious and perfect at the same time.

This is the Aerosmith I know and love:

Ironically, that album wasn't even the real Aerosmith either, with the two scab guitarists and Tyler so strung out on smack he couldn't remember his own name.

But they did manage to make one more real Aerosmith album before they transformed into a top 40 cheese factory.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Done with mirrors was the last REAL Aerosmith album. Next!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Ironically, that album wasn't even the real Aerosmith either, with the two scab guitarists and Tyler so strung out on smack he couldn't remember his own name.

But they did manage to make one more real Aerosmith album before they transformed into a top 40 cheese factory.

Yeah I know Both of these videos I posted lack in Joe Perry But what the hell... I love the songs.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm sorry but this song is awesome.... even if it's not aerosmith!

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C-TSvxZ40RQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C-TSvxZ40RQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I liked it up untill Get a Grip. Actually it was when Get A Grip came out that I noticed them. Rdmember when Crazy was plaing on MTV 24/7? LOL!!! God, those were the days. I was around 11 years old and ALL I did was watch MTV. What did they play back then... Crash test dummies, All4one, boys2men, real mccoy... What's the name of that danish chick singing Saturday Night?

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    An Aerosmith song that gives me a headache as much as Sammy Gaygar is Back in the saddle again, I can't hear this song anymore...

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was in high school when, "Get a grip" was released. I liked it back then, but I didn't really recognize Rock N' Roll at that time. Pump and Permanant were decent albums, and I do have a handful of songs I like on both of those albums.... but after Get a grip everything has been complete trash. I remember back in the late 90's I went to Disney World and there was an AEROSMITH roller coaster, and at the end they led you into an AEROSMITH gift store that had aerosmith merchandise with mickey mouse logos..... I was thinking in my head this is fucking ridiculous!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was in high school when, "Get a grip" was released. I liked it back then, but I didn't really recognize Rock N' Roll at that time. Pump and Permanant were decent albums, and I do have a handful of songs I like on both of those albums.... but after Get a grip everything has been complete trash. I remember back in the late 90's I went to Disney World and there was an AEROSMITH roller coaster, and at the end they led you into an AEROSMITH gift store that had aerosmith merchandise with mickey mouse logos..... I was thinking in my head this is fucking ridiculous!
    I was 10 when it came out and it was the first record I ever bought :-) I even wrote a letter to their fan-club :-) There was no internet back then, it was a real letter :-)

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was 10 when it came out and it was the first record I ever bought :-) I even wrote a letter to their fan-club :-) There was no internet back then, it was a real letter :-)

That's funny. Lately I've been writing in a journal and I force myself to write in cursive (handwriting). I got stumped on how to make a capital 'F'. I asked half dozen people at work & none knew how to do it. They are all younger than me. Mid 20's. Sad how it's pretty much gone. Everyone prints when they have to write....and that is even pretty rare. They just type everything.

Let's be penpals! Handwritten letters only! LOL!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    That's funny. Lately I've been writing in a journal and I force myself to write in cursive (handwriting). I got stumped on how to make a capital 'F'. I asked half dozen people at work & none knew how to do it. They are all younger than me. Mid 20's. Sad how it's pretty much gone. Everyone prints when they have to write....and that is even pretty rare. They just type everything.

Let's be penpals! Handwritten letters only! LOL!
    Really?? I know how to write capital F. It's like writing a capital cursive "T" but with a horisontal line crossing it. I also know the cyrillic script, cause that is the official script of serbia. When I was a child in school down there, we wrote latin alphabet every other week and cyrillic every other week.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I liked it up untill Get a Grip. Actually it was when Get A Grip came out that I noticed them. Rdmember when Crazy was plaing on MTV 24/7? LOL!!! God, those were the days. I was around 11 years old and ALL I did was watch MTV. What did they play back then... Crash test dummies, All4one, boys2men, real mccoy... What's the name of that danish chick singing Saturday Night?
    I'd agree with that. 'Pump' and 'Get A Grip' are decent records - a slicker, cleaner and more polished Aerosmith, but one that I can enjoy. It all went off the cliff after that, when they went from 'slick' to 'polishing turds'............
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cyrillic F is much more fun then the latin.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by binnie View Post
    I'd agree with that. 'Pump' and 'Get A Grip' are decent records - a slicker, cleaner and more polished Aerosmith, but one that I can enjoy. It all went off the cliff after that, when they went from 'slick' to 'polishing turds'............
    I agree, Pump was a fantastic album. And Get A Grip was the last good one.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You gotta Loin how to relate or you be swingin from the Pearly Gates.

Get a grip was after Aero signed their lucrative deal with Sony, in other words when art and corporate interests mate and give birth to an album that the company (workin for the company whoa yeah) has the option to KICK back to the band and say sorry fellas, not enough ballads.

You can scream and throw a fit.
    But you know they'll be fixin it.

We still got the first 5 albums though. I think Seasons of Wither is a better slow tune than the tear jerkin stuff.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrillsNSpills View Post
    You gotta Loin how to relate or you be swingin from the Pearly Gates.

Get a grip was after Aero signed their lucrative deal with Sony, in other words when art and corporate interests mate and give birth to an album that the company (workin for the company whoa yeah) has the option to KICK back to the band and say sorry fellas, not enough ballads.

You can scream and throw a fit.
    But you know they'll be fixin it.

We still got the first 5 albums though. I think Seasons of Wither is a better slow tune than the tear jerkin stuff.
    I LOVE Seasons of wither. It is one of my favorites. They have had some amazing songs.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I stopped buying their stuff when 'elevator' came out & dude looks like a lady. Just seemed the lost the dirty, gritty, grimy feel of Aerosmith & went top 40.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    I stopped buying their stuff when 'elevator' came out & dude looks like a lady. Just seemed the lost the dirty, gritty, grimy feel of Aerosmith & went top 40.
    Yeah, it was another sound and attitude. I also perfer their early 70-ies stuff. Like Push comes to shove.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I could not agree more . They totally lost me as a fan starting with Permanent Vacation . Gotta admit I really like Rock In A Hard Place . Thought it was a downright gritty hard rock album . A few cool things did shake loose with their selling out . Classics Live I & II plus the video releases of Tapes In The Attic and Texas Jam '78 . The " newer " music however leaves a whole lot to be desired . Downright dissapointing , really . As selfish as this sounds I was kinda - sorta hopin' they would all fall off the wagon and start making drunken , strung out rock records again .
    They still put on a pretty good live show but comparatively speaking , those raw gritty shows I saw back in the day kicked way more ass .

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Manalishi View Post
    I could not agree more . They totally lost me as a fan starting with Permanent Vacation . Gotta admit I really like Rock In A Hard Place . Thought it was a downright gritty hard rock album . A few cool things did shake loose with their selling out . Classics Live I & II plus the video releases of Tapes In The Attic and Texas Jam '78 . The " newer " music however leaves a whole lot to be desired . Downright dissapointing , really . As selfish as this sounds I was kinda - sorta hopin' they would all fall off the wagon and start making drunken , strung out rock records again .
    They still put on a pretty good live show but comparatively speaking , those raw gritty shows I saw back in the day kicked way more ass .
    Omg, I am always thinking that they should go back to drugs and make some real music again, but it's not pc to say it. But that's what I'm thinking.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Unfortunately , PC aside , sometimes the truth just downright hurts .

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I always felt they would have been best to hang it up after they released the compilation "Big Ones", after that that were really starting to decline in my view.

BTW, they did the whole "Attempting country" thing in 89, and it was a hell of a lot better than this shit.

Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post

True, yet the original version by the Joe Perry Project clearly blows the remake out of the water. In fact, Joe's first solo album continues to eclipse anything Aerosmith has done to this day since sometime in the mid-seventies. And yes, I'm being as serious as a heart attack.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This new song.....Lord of the Thighs it ain't.
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, did anyone other than I buy the new album? I have to admit....as a record collector I am what they call a "completist". In other words, if I love a band, I have to have everything they put out. There are limits, of course- I can only buy so many fucking KISS greatest hits collections or Rolling Stones live albums. So, Aerosmith keeps sucking me in with every new album. I'm not one of you "The last good Aerosmith album was Done With Mirrors" people (as I recall when DWM came out, long time fans HATED it...now they love it). I think there were good tunes on albums up to Get a Grip- especially on Pump. Anyway...I bought the new album. Starts off with promise....the first tune is not bad and the second one, "Oh Yeah", is great. Then things go sour. Ballads, what seems like an attempt at a rap song, female background singers....I turned it off after the 8th tune. I'll go back to it tomorrow. Right now, I want to try and remember what this great band used to be.
    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They are beyond boring now.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    They are beyond boring now.
    Seriously! I can not get my brain to bend around how awful this fuck-fest turned out. And you thought the new KISS album was a bunch of phoned-in nonsense. I have news for ya, Simmons and company sound positively inspired compared to this fetid, dubiously conceived, poorly-assembled, gigantically stinking crap-o-rama of an album. A shame and a pox upon all involved, including myself for wasting valuable moments of my life while listening to it while I could have been doing something more useful, such as lancing a boil or manscaping with a cheese grater.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll admit I have not heard their new album and have no plans to. I did see Tyler & Perry on Letterman a few nights ago and it was literally the same ol song and dance with them: questions about their drug use, why they are glad to still be alive, Tyler's stint on American Idol. They had noting new to say and I'm guessing this 'Dimension' shit is no different.

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Seriously! I can not get my brain to bend around how awful this fuck-fest turned out. And you thought the new KISS album was a bunch of phoned-in nonsense...
    Guess I'll stick with Wings, Toys, Rocks...
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have yet to hear the new Aerosmith record - it's on my Christmas list because at least that way I don't have to pay for it......

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by binnie View Post
    I have yet to hear the new Aerosmith record - it's on my Christmas list because at least that way I don't have to pay for it......
    The downside to that is you'll wind up eternally despising whichever relative it turns out to be that inadvertently drops the mess of poop in your Christmas stocking. Be careful of what you wish for, Bob Cratchit.

Thread Information