Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

In Ohio, Romney speaks to 30,000 while Obama speaks to 2,800

LINK
    The presidential race returned to Ohio for the final push Friday as GOP challenger Mitt Romney held a massive rally in the Republican heartland north of Cincinnati and President Barack Obama cut a swath through central Ohio.

“The question of the election comes down to this: Do you want more of the same or do you want real change?” Romney said Friday night in West Chester Township. “I promise change, and I actually have a record of achieving it.”

Romney spoke to a crowd of 30,000, according to West Chester Fire Chief Tony Goller – making it the largest rally of the campaign, said Romney spokesman Chris Maloney.

Both candidates are trying to make up for campaign time lost to superstorm Sandy and deliver their final arguments to voters before Tuesday’s election.

Obama, in his first Ohio trip since Sandy struck the East Coast, said in Lima on Friday afternoon that the policies of previous Republican administrations didn’t work.

“Ohio, we’ve tried our ideas and they work,” he said. “We’ve tried the other folks’ ideas. They don’t work. The eight years before I took office, we tried their ideas. What did we get? We got falling incomes, record deficits ... and an economic crisis that we’ve been cleaning up after ever since.”

With less than four days before Election Day, the race is too close to predict in several key states, including Ohio. The latest poll out Friday, by CNN/ORC International, shows Obama leading 50 percent to 47 percent in Ohio, well within the 3.5 percentage point margin of error.

Obama will make what’s almost certainly his last Cincinnati stop of the campaign at the University of Cincinnati’s Fifth Third Arena on Sunday evening, while Romney will be in Cleveland. And the candidates will campaign down to the wire in Ohio – both have announced events Monday in Columbus.

Kid Rock opened the Romney event, which also included appearances by a lengthy list of top Republicans, including Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, Sens. John McCain and Marco Rubio, and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

“This is like having the Republican National Convention come here,” said Ohio Rep. Margaret Conditt of nearby Liberty Township. “All of the speakers that we saw in Tampa are here, except for Clint Eastwood, of course.”

Romney noted that unemployment is higher than when Obama took office, although the final pre-election report, released Friday, showed 171,000 new jobs added in October. The Labor Department also revised August and September jobs numbers upward. The unemployment rate rose to 7.9 percent in October, from 7.8 percent in September, as more workers re-entered the labor force.

“Candidate Obama promised to do so very much, but he has fallen so very short,” Romney said. “He was going to focus on jobs, then he focused on Obamacare, which killed jobs.”

Romney said that Obama asked voters to vote for revenge, but “I ask the American people to vote for love of country.”

Obama actually said, “Voting is the best revenge.”

Romney also promised to bring bipartisanship to Washington.

“If I’m elected – no, when I’m elected – president, I’m going to work with … men and women on both sides of the aisle who care about our country,” he said.

Obama visited Hilliard, Springfield and, lastly, Lima, which hasn’t hosted a sitting Democratic president since Harry Truman in 1948.

Kept from the campaign trail for several days because of Hurricane Sandy, the president said the nation mourns those killed in the storm.

“No matter how bad things are, we’re in this together,” Obama said. “We rise and fall as one nation. That has guided this country for 200 years and the last four years.”

He told the crowd in Hilliard that Americans need a champion in Washington. He said the middle class, the poor and small-business owners need a seat at the table. “The folks at the very top of this country don’t need another seat at the table,” the president said.

“The people who need a champion are those whose letters I read every night. Cooks, waiters and cleaning staff at a hotel, they need a champion. The auto worker … now back in the plant, he needs a champion. Those kids dreaming of becoming scientists … or even president, they need a champion in Washington. We’ve come back too far to become faint-hearted.”

************************************************** **********************************

LINK
    This was to be the mother of all U.S. jobs reports — the final snapshot of the U.S. economy before voters choose whether to keep President Barack Obama or dump him in favor of Republican Mitt Romney.

But yesterday’s U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics report didn’t offer clarity: The country added 171,000 new jobs in October and unemployment ticked up from 7.8 percent in September to 7.9 percent.

That allowed both candidates to argue in Columbus-area visits that their plans for the economy are correct.

“This morning, we learned that companies hired more workers in October than at any time in the last eight months,” Obama said to 2,800 supporters inside a barn at the Franklin County Fairgrounds yesterday morning.

Obama was referring to the 184,000 private-sector jobs added last month, offset by the 13,000 government jobs lost. The labor force also grew by 578,000 people in October — meaning more people now are looking for work.

“We’ve made real progress, but we are here today because we know we’ve got more work to do,” Obama said. “As long as there’s a single American who wants a job and can’t find one; as long as there are families working harder but falling behind; as long as there’s a child anywhere in this country who’s languishing in poverty, and barred from opportunity, our fight goes on.”

Romney and the Republicans pounced on the country’s unemployment rate — which is still below the psychological 8 percent barrier but 0.1 point higher than when Obama took office.

“He said he’d get unemployment by now down to 5.2 percent, and we learned today that it kicked up to 7.9 percent,” Romney told 2,000 people yesterday at Screen Machine Industries in Etna Township. “That’s 9 million jobs short. Those are real Americans who can’t find work. … He’s got higher unemployment today than when he took office.”

Obama did not personally promise that unemployment would be 5.2 percent by now, but two of his economic advisers wrote in a report assessing the impact of a possible stimulus package before he took office that the country’s unemployment rate would be 5.4 percent now after the stimulus went into effect.

Jobs numbers in both August and September were revised upward, from 142,000 new jobs to 192,000 in August, and from 114,000 to 148,000 in September.

The largest month-to-month job gains were posted in professional and business services (51,000 jobs) and the health-care industry (31,000 jobs). The mining industry — a factor in the race for the White House in Ohio as both sides fight about coal — lost 9,000 jobs and has shed 17,000 jobs since May.

On the expanded labor force, BNP Paribas economist Julia Coronado told the Associated Press that the influx of people seeking jobs “could be a sign that people are starting to see better job prospects and so should be read as another positive aspect to the report.”

But the October jobs numbers’ impact on Tuesday’s outcome is difficult to determine. In a close race that’s included about $1 billion in ad spending, most already have made up their mind as to how they feel about the president’s handling of the economy and whether a new direction is needed.

“I own a small business in town, and the last four years my business has indeed improved,” Glenn Doell, owner of Curtis Elliott Designs in Hilliard, said at the Obama event. “I call my suppliers and I know they’re busier than they used to be. That’s a good barometer for me. “Can I attribute all of that to President Obama? I don’t know, but I want to give him another four years to see how far he can take it.”

Romney’s criticism of Obama for policies that have held back the economy has been a harder case to make in Ohio, where the 7 percent unemployment rate in September was nearly a point below the national average. In Licking County, home to Screen Machine, the rate was even lower in September, 5.7 percent, a significant improvement from the county’s 9.2 percent rate in September 2009 during the worst days of the Great Recession.A Quinnipiac University poll of swing states this week showed that 52 percent of likely Ohio voters say the state’s economy is getting better. Among voters in Florida and Virginia, the figure was below 40 percent.

Martin L. Savko, president of Nickolas Savko & Sons Inc., a Columbus-based earth-moving and road-building contractor, was among the Romney supporters and said he did not think Ohio’s improved economy will help Obama because people are anxious about the future.

“I’m 55 and no time ever have I seen fear in the eyes of the working man as I’ve seen now,” Savko said. “When you talk to the common man working out there by the hour, they know something is wrong.”
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Is there an Affirmative Action statute to equalize this? The Fairness Doctrine maybe?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    “I’m 55 and no time ever have I seen fear in the eyes of the working man as I’ve seen now,” Savko said. “When you talk to the common man working out there by the hour, they know something is wrong.”
    Romney is going to help this fuckwit? Funny or sad...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Is there an Affirmative Action statute to equalize this? The Fairness Doctrine maybe?
    Well, there's early voting in OH where Obama was up 55% to 39% for Romney last I heard...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yesterday's scorecard:

Obama was two towns over yesterday morning, speaking to 4,000 people at a high school. Fortunately I had to work and wasn't subjected to traffic problems.

Stevie Wonder appeared in support of Obama in downtown Cleveland yesterday morning and less than 200 people were there. Obama For America Ohio didn't announce the event until around 10 am yesterday morning.

Paul Ryan spoke in front of less than 1,500 people in Marietta yesterday.

Cryin' little bitch House Speaker John Boehner was seen by 300 people in my hometown. It's reported that less than 25% of the people there were county residents. Bring your own crowd!

Romney will be speaking later today near the airport.

I am going to wipe my ass with the 10 oversized postcards I got in the mail the last few days and return them to the local Republican and Democrat offices they originated from.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    the equalizer is the ballot box. rallies are nice. but obama wins ohio.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckleboner View Post
    the equalizer is the ballot box. rallies are nice. but obama wins ohio.

It's pretty awesome how Ohio gets to decide for the whole country. Gotta love our electoral college. At least Florida is getting a break this time around.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It would be a lot more "awesome" if the Secretary of State wasn't a hyper partisan douchebag who puts Ken Blackwell to shame, and there wasn't three corrupt electro-fraud machine companies in the mix, one of them owned by the Romney family themselves.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    It's pretty awesome how Ohio gets to decide for the whole country. Gotta love our electoral college. At least Florida is getting a break this time around.
    totally agree with you. time to ditch it.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, it could happen....

The whore media has been kicking around a scenario where Mittens wins the popular vote, but Obama takes the electoral vote. And without help from the Supreme Court, which would make his win legitimate under the existing law, unlike the Chimp's.

I doubt that Mittens will win either one, but no doubt every Republican in this country would be screaming to abolish the Electoral College the very next day, if that were to happen

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    dude, it's definitely in repubicans' longterm interest to ditch it. when texas finally comes into play - 2020 or 2024 - the electoral college will be damn near unwinable for them.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You think Texas is waking up? After electing two morons back to back for governor, I'm not so sure about that..

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    totally agree with you. time to ditch it.
    Or at least relegate it behind the popular vote as a tie breaker. But then, why can't we have run off elections?

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    You think Texas is waking up? After electing two morons back to back for governor, I'm not so sure about that..
    the rising hispanic vote.

no matter what happens with immigration or amnesty, the percentage of legit hispanic voters in texas will continue to increase. if republicans continue to lose the hispanic vote by significant numbers, texas will be in play.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Which is why the Repukes will probably run BCE proxy Marco Rubio in 2016.

Of course the flaw in their assumption there is that Mexican Americans would automatically vote for a Cuban American, just because he speaks Spanish. Kinda like they assumed women would vote for Sarah Palin, just because they were pissed at Hillary not winning the nomination in 2008.

Hell, even the Cuban Americans aren't a guaranteed vote for Rubio, since he recently admitted that he is NOT the descendant of Castro-era refugees, like the Miami crowd is.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's rediculous...

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yup....Mittens really packs 'em in....

oh wait.....S-N-A-P!!!!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    6,000 people showed up at the Romney event this morning. Biden spoke to 1,200 a few miles away.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    6,000 people showed up at the Romney event this morning. Biden spoke to 1,200 a few miles away.
    At this point, who really cares....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I know. So many here have voted already that it probably doesn't matter.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

"Vote for him, before he changes his mind!"

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    At this point, who really cares....
    Starting to see the Obama house of cards coming down, eh ??

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Starting to see the Obama house of cards coming down, eh ??

I'll say it again, shittalker, put your money where your mouth is.....

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Can I pay in installments ??

My lovely wife won't like me dropping 100 bucks if I lose...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Can I pay in installments ??

My lovely wife won't like me dropping 100 bucks if I lose...
    You don't have to pay the full $100, dolt. You and BigBrainiacBrian can have a car wash and go in on it...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That was different...

I'm not for Romney...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Alex Jones for President !!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And I'm not spamming the forum...

I'm trying to post a video and you're trying to censor it for some reason...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Here dicklick, I'll do it for you. And I didn't censor anything, it's still on the forum...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You're a crazy person, dude...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We're all fucking crazy...

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, the 2,800 thing must've been a warm-up, because Jay-Z just did "99 problems and MITT ain't one" for what looks like a packed arena in OH as I type this...

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    the rising hispanic vote.

no matter what happens with immigration or amnesty, the percentage of legit hispanic voters in texas will continue to increase. if republicans continue to lose the hispanic vote by significant numbers, texas will be in play.
    When's the last time Texas went blue? The 60's? I assume LBJ won the state in '64. That would be a game changer, but then the Tea Party takeover of the Republican Party has already changed the game for good. The GOP needs to split from the religious zealots and get back to their pre-Reagan message.
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The UNIVERSE needs to split from the religious zealots.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You look at JFK and by today's standards, he would be more a conservative than a liberal. I think in the 50's there wasn't really that much difference between the Democrat and Republican parties. The Republicans went more right and the Democrats went more left. Now it's screwed up to where both of them want to shut you up and dictate to you in micromanaging fashion. In the 50's the people wouldn't have tolerated that from their politicians. It's why the modern politician wants you dependent of government so you don't have the fuck you money to tell them where to go. If anything we all need to tell these politicians to get fucked.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    The UNIVERSE needs to split from the religious zealots.
    I suggest you walk into the local mosque and tell them to get fucked.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    You look at JFK and by today's standards, he would be more a conservative than a liberal. I think in the 50's there wasn't really that much difference between the Democrat and Republican parties. The Republicans went more right and the Democrats went more left.
    Complete and utter bullshit.

Jimmy Carter was the last actual Democratic President elected. Clinton and Obama are moderate Republicans at best. Even Carter was conservative enough to have the backing of Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell during his first campaign in 1976. He then lost their vote in 1980, because he ACTED like the Christian he claimed to be while in office, which is something their candidate in 1980 never did.

Bobby Kennedy might have been a Liberal President, but he was murdered. Howard Dean would have been at the very least, an actual Democrat, but he was assassinated as surely as Bobby was - just by a less bloody method. Obama campaigned as an actual Democrat - copying his entire strategy from Dean, actually. But then sadly failing to deliver on it.

Repukes on the other hand have fallen so far off the cliff of right wing extremism now, that old Reagan himself wouldn't recognize them, and Barry Goldwater would piss his pants if he saw them. And Abe Lincoln would just assume the Confederacy took over after his bad night at the theater.

Thread Information