X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OULUVROTH2
    Roadie
    • Jun 2005

New Van Halen Album Already...?

Thought I'd see this already chewed over by many more Roth-astutes than I, but here it is... Okay my DLR com-padres - have at it -

• vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

Melodicrock can suck my sack .... What exceptional record .... Oh they mean he bought vh 1 when it came out .
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• OULUVROTH2
      Roadie
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by vandeleur
      Melodicrock can suck my sack .... What exceptional record .... Oh they mean he bought vh 1 when it came out .
      That's what I was afraid of...

Comment

• Little Texan
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

As much as I'd like to believe that they have another album ready to go, seeing the word melodiCrock tells me that in all likelihood it is nothing more than a steaming pile of bullshit. On what planet does melodiCrock have an "exceptional record" with this sort of thing? They do have an exceptional record of being completely wrong most of the time.

Comment

• OULUVROTH2
          Roadie
          • Jun 2005

At this 13th hour, I still say any press is good press for keeping us rabid fans hyped and possibly pushing them into delivering once again... Before we know it, I'll bet my cinnamon bun, that Wolfie will be doing our roundhouse kicks!

Comment

• Satan
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

MelodiCrock has an exceptional track record......of getting the facts completely WRONG when it comes to Van HALEN.

Given the way that ADKOT was put together though, it's highly likely that they could have some other material in the can. And what about the record they had started working on back in 2000-01? There were so many bullshitters starting new rumors every week about those sessions that Hell only knows how much they actually recorded at the time.

And just like VHII and WACF were made up of songs that didn't make the first album, it's entirely possible that a whole pool of songs that didn't make ADKOT might be ready to go.....as soon as Eddie's ready to work, Dave's back from Japan, and Wolfie's not touring with any other bands. (What's Alex doing with his down time. Anybody heard anything?)
            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Yount
              Commando
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Satan
              And what about the record they had started working on back in 2000-01? There were so many bullshitters starting new rumors every week about those sessions that Hell only knows how much they actually recorded at the time.
              Yeah I started one way back! Haha! Just to be a cunt!! I heard it from a friend of a friend who did manicures for Lisa Roth.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Nope...this isn't true.

They do have enough songs in the can to put out another album...

Remember...Eddie said in Esquire:

There were so many songs. Wolfgang wanted to do a ton, and I said, "It's going to be a double record!" He goes, "So? Let's do a double record! Let's convince Dave!"
                So they could put out a second album...I'm sure of it...

but I'm sure Melodicrock took that piece of information from esquire...combined it with downtime...and created this shit for hits...

But who fucking knows. MelodiCROCK loves bands like Van Halen...because 90% of everything they do is rumor and innuendo...

would be a great name for the second album...as a matter of fact...
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

More from Ed...

You know...I hate MelodiCROCK...but it is plausible...

They have downtime...and nothing better to do...

It was actually Wolf’s idea for the album to be a collection of our B-sides along with three reworked songs, which would be new to our audience. Instead of the “Best Of” it would be the “B’s Of”—you know, songs like “Drop Dead Legs,” “Girl Gone Bad”… It would be a record of our more hardcore songs and none of the pop stuff. That was the initial plan for this album, but the deeper we dug, the more we found. At the same time I was writing new songs. Dave got very excited about that. We all did. We ended up recording demos for 35 songs. All of those songs were ready to go, and we were able to play them all.

We called John again and asked, “Are you busy? Do you want to come up and take a listen?” He was like, “Whoa! You’ve got a shitload of songs here!” We pretty much left it to John and Wolfgang to pick the songs, and it all went from there.
                  If they have 35 songs...I could see them saying...fuck it...let's get out another album...

but I still say this story is bullshit...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• WARF
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

I don't give a fuck what they do as long as they get the original lineup for ONE show before they are all dead or in wheelchairs...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Ed's got a long way to go...and in general...I have to believe those demos were Ed, Al and Wolfie...with no Dave...and still needed a shitload of polish. From everything I've heard from the sources I still have...Ed's healthy...but has a long ways to go to get 100%...

Demos that are "ready to go" are far from polished, and would have to believe that there would be several hours needed in the studio...which HASN'T TAKEN PLACE...

As always...MelodiCROCK puts out shit about as responsible with regards to "journalism" as trusting Lance Armstrong's denial of using PEDs...

Honest to shit...I wish someone would fucking rip that site down. Utter bullshit...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by WARF
                        I don't give a fuck what they do as long as they get the original lineup for ONE show before they are all dead or in wheelchairs...
                        Age has left me content with whatever the fuck happens at this point.

Health will be a major issue with this band going forward...if I'm to speculate...

so...I got me new album...and my new tour. The rest is icing.

Honestly...I could walk away from this band today (if they were done), and say..."it was all worth it" and be pretty content...

Comment

• WARF
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

After the Cafe Wha? show I had ZERO interest in seeing them live again. You just can't get any better than that. Why even try and top it?
                          I am still in shock almost a year later that they actually put an album together. I have no complaints.
                          If I would like to see anything else it would have to be Michael Anthony on stage with them one more time.
                          Last but not least.... I want one more EPIC Van Halen video like Hot For Teacher... something that showcases David Lee Roth creativity again...
                          The old school videos were groundbreaking.... they all had Dave's imprint on them.... I want one more concept video!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by WARF
                            After the Cafe Wha? show I had ZERO interest in seeing them live again. You just can't get any better than that. Why even try and top it?
                            I am still in shock almost a year later that they actually put an album together. I have no complaints.
                            If I would like to see anything else it would have to be Michael Anthony on stage with them one more time.
                            Last but not least.... I want one more EPIC Van Halen video like Hot For Teacher... something that showcases David Lee Roth creativity again...
                            The old school videos were groundbreaking.... they all had Dave's imprint on them.... I want one more concept video!
                            Honestly...what I'd love to see...

Is fucking video of these fucking guys sitting around in someone's backyard...talking Van Halen history.

The snippets of video they've put out is fucking awesome...

Honest to god...if they put out a 15-hour fucking video of them shooting the shit about music...and fuck it...

their views on shit since the early 70's...

I'd pay it ten times over. THAT...would be the pinnacle for me...

Listening to Dave, Ed and Al talk about the early days was fucking outstanding...I've watched those videos 100 times...can't get enough of them...just so much fucking history...

I'd love to listen to them be honest about the years between 1985 and the reunion tour...and pull Michael in as well...

Something for the fans...similar to what the Beatles did with the Anthology TV shit...a series of videos of their history together...and them sitting in 5150...talking history...

I'd do it on the internet...and fuck it...even charge for it...put out a whole damn series, with them sitting in the studios with their instruments, talking about the past...add a musical history to the background...

but I remember with Anthology...the stuff that stood out was when Paul, George and Ringo were all talking, and there was a point where I think Paul was playing something on the piano and singing...and I was thinking, "Fuck, John's dead, so this is as close as we're getting..."

That...to me...is what I want...

I'd love the concept video...and I'd love Mike to be back...

but call me old (and I am...lol)...but THIS would be the pinnacle...

Comment

• WARF
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

I have a better idea...
                              Let's get Vince McMahon to bring all the past and current Van Halen members into Monday Night raw!
                              They could headline the next Wrestlemania....
                              I say we put all those motherfuckers in the ring including Ray Danniels, Valerie Bertinelli.... fuck it... let's throw some internet people in there like "TK!" "Brett" ... you name it...
                              Throw all those motherfuckers in there for a HELL IN A CELL!!!!
                              Tables... chairs... stun guns.... what the fuck ever.... and put it on PAY PER VIEW!!!!
                              First one out from climbing to the top of the cage wins...
                              Will Eddie Van Halen give Brad Starks "the peoples elbow" for all those times he never updated his site???
                              Only time will tell....
                              Last edited by WARF; 11-06-2012, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Working...